The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have turned down a bid from an unknown La Liga club to take Sami Saiz on loan next season!

I suppose that makes sense.

The 28yo has a year and a half on his contract, and Leeds want to at least recoup the 3m they paid for him!!!

BBC journalist Dan Roan has echoed Phil Hay's in pouring cold water over a possible QSI takeover!

According to the Sports editor of the BBC, 6 parties have approached LUFC for potential investment, and the QSI story was being heavily exaggerated!

Whilst we wait and see what our new centenary kit looks like, its time to ask you, what was your favourite Leeds Utd kit, and why?
kit.jpg
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th June)

Post by rab_rant »

STRONGBOW 2000-2 NIKE

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Any of the all white ones ...preferably without the ads. I'm not attached to any in particular but it must be all white.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any of the all-white shirts from the 61-64 to 73-76 years.

Our greatest period & the time it made Leeds United a renown name
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hard to separate these three, First two had a bit if class imo and were worn by great sides. The third has a sentimental value attached to it as it was bought by my Dad just before he passed away.

1. Admiral 1992
2. Strongbow 2002
3. Thistle Away 1993.

Re investors, IF July rolls around and we have no new quality players because of a lack if investment, Radz will have to expect a very long, hostile season in front of the fans.

In other news am I the only one now dreading viewing the Amazon Documentary?
How different it could have been. (Looks at Berardi, Kiko, Cooper and the rest of the no shows from the Derby game.)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am Hard to separate these three, First two had a bit if class imo and were worn by great sides. The third has a sentimental value attached to it as it was bought by my Dad just before he passed away.

1. Admiral 1992
2. Strongbow 2002
3. Thistle Away 1993.
Admiral 1992 was worn by the side that finished 17th and failed to win an away league match all season. Hardly a great side but the side that was in decline after winning the title (1991-1992). Suppose it could be argued the home shirt was worn by a pretty decent team as we were still very strong at home that season otherwise we would have been relegated.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Any of the 70's white kits, but I did always like the design of the mid/late 70's Admiral kit with the strip of sleeve branding.

Others that tick the box are:

Umbro 90/92 (H)
asics 93/95 (H)
Puma 99/00 (A)

Not sure we've had a decent kit since 2000 to be honest.

How did we ever get that red (A) kit in 71/72 ? :shock: ........whoever thought that was a good idea ?
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I really like the 30s blue and yellow ones 🤔
But it's got to be one of the all white kits, so I'm going for the 72 kit. 😄
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

White 73-76. Special memories growing up.