The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 26th June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 26th June)

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:24 am A gamble they can afford to take given how much they receive in tv money. £10m for them is like £500k for us, a punt. If it works out, it works out, if not then it isn't much money. Another issue is if we loan him back and then go up, we've lost him forever and on the cheap. How much of this £10m will be wasted? If we didn't waste money on shite, we wouldn't have to sell our young talent all the time.

The date of the deal and the low fee suggests they're worried about the 18/19 accounts and the fee will count towards last season's. Don't expect to see any new signings before Monday, as it is a new account year from 1 July.
One they can afford to take, one we can't really afford to turn down. Assuming we get 10M in cash and not 20 installments of 500K. the add ons will be key. Are Spurs moving Rose this year? I think we have a sell on there too.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am LUFCDATA

Jack Clarke's career at Leeds:

25 matches
290 passes
107 final third passes
75.9% pass accuracy
56 duels won
33 ball recoveries
28 crosses
27/48 take-ons
18 shots
17 chances created
10 blocks
9 tackles won
6 shots on-target
4 crosses
2 goals
2 assists
Fairly meaningless as it tells you exactly zero about how he actually played..I notice no negative stats there.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am One they can afford to take, one we can't really afford to turn down. Assuming we get 10M in cash and not 20 installments of 500K. the add ons will be key. Are Spurs moving Rose this year? I think we have a sell on there too.
Which tells me they're worried about ffp and whose fault is that? Who pushed the wage bill up? Who signed a million players we didn't need and now can't shift?

If we lost £15m, then add £10m it become £5m, which added to £4m from 17/18 then means we have a £30m leeway for this year. I just think they've panicked too much.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am Fair enough mate, you know what I mean though when I say that there are plenty of folk who are so used to the EPL doctrine that all CBs have to be Pulis-style Frankensteins that they write someone off because he might win a few less headers (even if the team in question doesn't concede too many goals from those situations).

I've got a feeling that if White is as comfortable on the ball as Jansson, those two may be the perfect compliments to one another, like Ferdinand to Vidic or Gallas to Terry. It's a very necessary signing anyway for the style we play so I'm quite confident he'll be a good fit if he plays well.

Not sure about the assists though. Maybe he was played as a full back?
The only question for me is, is Ben White a good defender? If the answer is yes, then sign him up.

Not bothered about assists. Ayling and Douglas cost us countless goals with their poor defending/positioning.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am Looks like Lewie Coyle is on his way to Wigan
Loan or perm? Surely should be the latter now.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:50 am The only question for me is, is Ben White a good defender? If the answer is yes, then sign him up.

Not bothered about assists. Ayling and Douglas cost us countless goals with their poor defending/positioning.
Hard to say how good he is right now to be fair mate, but if Bielsa wants him he can't be bad. So long as he can do that sweeper role well it'll make us much harder to hit on the counter and that alone would've been worth at least 9 points last season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

In January who was the better player Jack Clarke or Dan James? Since that point their performances went in completely the opposite directions.

In regards to the possible signing of Ben White well we were all scratching our heads when it looked like we were going to sign Dan James, 'not even good enough to start for Swansea.' We have to trust Bielsa as he will know a lot more about White than any of us and will also know how he can fit into his system.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 am One they can afford to take, one we can't really afford to turn down. Assuming we get 10M in cash and not 20 installments of 500K. the add ons will be key. Are Spurs moving Rose this year? I think we have a sell on there too.
Morning Faaip, yes we have a 10% sell on clause with Rose who is valued by Spurs at 50m.

Should should mean 5m coming Leeds way