Ryan Kent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ryan Kent

Post by Cjay » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:09 pm
I'm just supporting the team I've loved for 50 years...what are you doing?
Respect you as a poster Faaip really do.

But you defend them no matter what which is your right of course.

Appointed Hecky- you defended it.

Sacked Hecky- you decided he needed more time but supported the club.

Appointed Bielsa- supported it but were cautious (fair and so was i).

The club didn't get Vydra who MB wanted or the winger he wanted in the summer- defended it.

The club didnt get the winger Dan James in January (confirmed that we werent innocent their either although they did mess about to )- defended it.

The club then don't get promoted and a lot of people in the media and the footballing community point to January as the mistake- defended it.

The club then sell tons of players including Roofe and Jansson and spend not a penny on replacing them permanently- defended it.

Genuinely, what would it take for you to be critical?

Were you critical of Bates, Warnock, GFH, Cellino etc? Im not trying to provoke you i wasnt here but what would it take for you to say enough is enough.

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:43 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Glad you agree
From what I read that is more like your job. :tup:
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

As I've said already, "ffp" is because we're £16m down on everyone else and can only lose £23m than £39m so need to be ultra careful. Which is why Reading can spend £10m despite selling no one and we can't after selling £30m+.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 pm

I’ll always be thankful for Radz coming in and bringing the club to where it is now, we are in a great place, justifiably favorites for the title, and we have a really good squad, we’re just short in certain areas and have to use our u23s a quiet a bit, but we have invested massively in our youth set up, so hopefully lads will slot in well, Bielsa seems to be confident that they will. Srtuijk, Mccalmont, Mujica, Boguz, Gotts, Stevens, Davis, Shackleton, some serious talent when you think about it
But we were clearly in for Kent, Bielsa wanted him before Roofe went, Nketiah signing shouldn’t have change our need for Kent? Why not push through the deal for Nolan? I think Radz has a deal in place to sell and is done putting any more cash in, I’d guess we have around 10m that we could have spent on Kent/Nolan, ready for January?
Never dull being a Leeds fan is it!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Equally though if we think he is worth say £3m to a max of £5m and Liverpool are holding out for £10m then the club is right not to go above their valuation. Just because the club has brought in money doesn't mean they should pay over the odds and let us not forget Kent is fairly much unproven at this level as although he has played at this level he produced results similar to Harrison last season.
Senor El Weasel

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Rangers have agreed a deal to sign winger Ryan Kent from Liverpool.

The 22-year-old - who spent last season on loan at Ibrox - will undergo a medical before completing a £7m move.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this season, I saw the second half of the Old Firm match yesterday and Rangers looked like they were having the same challenges we have been in front of goal.

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Not really, we create plenty of chances, Rangers had very few

Irish Ian
Manager
Manager

Post by Irish Ian » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Newport white wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:52 pm
Not really, we create plenty of chances, Rangers had very few
Well their build up play and their inability to test the keeper was very similar to Leeds this season and the last..

Are you happy now?

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Irish Ian wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:15 pm
Rangers have agreed a deal to sign winger Ryan Kent from Liverpool.

The 22-year-old - who spent last season on loan at Ibrox - will undergo a medical before completing a £7m move.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this season, I saw the second half of the Old Firm match yesterday and Rangers looked like they were having the same challenges we have been in front of goal.
Sorry, Ian, but I watched the same half and saw nothing to compare Rangers to us. They lacked imagination, guile or the ability to pass the ball (with the exception of Davis, who is wasted in that team), whereas we play some cracking stuff, but aren't clinical enough. Won't be watching any more SPL, the standard is f**king brutal. Rangers are welcome to Kent; I'd shine in that league, and I'm 50!! ;-)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Playing for Rangers is like playing for a lower league 1 team right now ..
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Yeah, that's about the standard. To be fair, Celtic aren't much better, maybe lower Championship
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:21 pm

I think Celtic could probably do quite well in this division with their support and resources, their own league continues to hold them back and the whole of British football needs restructuring to get the most out of it
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Advertisment