The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 16th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 16th July)

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm

But i know KP is some sort of deity these days but their are better or as good out there for less then 20mil im absolutely sure of that.
If that's the case, why aren't Villa going for them.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:05 pm He signed a new contract with Villa the other day anyway, wouldn't be him.
It is, honestly!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm If that's the case, why aren't Villa going for them.
Bielsa loves Philips as do our fans whereas Cjay is not that keen on KP
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm Bielsa loves Philips as do our fans whereas Cjay is not that keen on KP

I like the dry roasted best.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm more towards CJays rational thinking regarding Phillips who had a good not great season last season with the promise of better to come rather tan 64's assertion he's a future England stud
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm Bielsa loves Philips as do our fans whereas Cjay is not that keen on KP
You cannot take seriously the opinion of someone who thinks Alioffsideski the Macedonean muppet is the best player at the club :) :) ;-)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:18 pm Step up Adam Forshaw :roll:
12 months ago thats how people would have reacted to Phillips.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm If that's the case, why aren't Villa going for them.
Just signed that lad from Man City and City have a buy back clause so he must have something about him.

I think they are looking for better value for money now, being linked with Ethan Ampadu on loan and some midfielder from Belgium.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:39 pm I'm more towards CJays rational thinking regarding Phillips who had a good not great season last season with the promise of better to come rather tan 64's assertion he's a future England stud
I know he has to improve on certain aspects of his game but the potential to be a top player is there. Yes KP makes mistakes however you tell me a player who isn't error-free. Kalvin minimises his errors compared to most around him, he was easily our most consistent player last season.

No prem clubs are offering around £20m for any of our other players in our squad, shrewd judges have realised we have a gem within our ranks.

Why would Radz/Orta/Bell/Bielsa offer Kalvin a top deal if they didn't rate him so highly ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm You cannot take seriously the opinion of someone who thinks Alioffsideski the Macedonean muppet is the best player at the club :) :) ;-)
If Douglas finds his true form & with the signing of Costa, Ali will struggle to cement a first-team place. Competition is a good thing in any position within a squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm You cannot take seriously the opinion of someone who thinks Alioffsideski the Macedonean muppet is the best player at the club :) :) ;-)

Sing up :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:31 pm I like the dry roasted best.
:rol: :rol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 pm I know he has to improve on certain aspects of his game but the potential to be a top player is there. Yes KP makes mistakes however you tell me a player who isn't error-free. Kalvin minimises his errors compared to most around him, he was easily our most consistent player last season.

No prem clubs are offering around £20m for any of our other players in our squad, shrewd judges have realised we have a gem within our ranks.

Why would Radz/Orta/Bell/Bielsa offer Kalvin a top deal if they didn't rate him so highly ?
He has potential yes but my point is this is his 1st season playing a new role in a 2nd division.

Made the point about Andre Gomes the other day, or Neves when he was in this league, or even Delph who Everton have just paid only £10mil for.

Or Franck Kessie who has been on loan at Milan and they have just paid a shade over £20mil for after 3 seasons as a regular in Serie A.

And others, these are all players proven at a higher level with more pedigree then KP who have gone for the £20-30mil figure.

£20mil for KP would be more then fair imo.

He may improve but he may not and we could do a lot with £20mil.

Im against underselling our players which Radz does but im not against overselling.
Signed

King Cjay

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I don't think you can underestimate gesso here mind kP are up there

Hooever Lidl are the best at a 30% discount ..

Also red band No1 mix for your medium distance stock ie Folkstone or Lille
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 pm I know he has to improve on certain aspects of his game but the potential to be a top player is there. Yes KP makes mistakes however you tell me a player who isn't error-free. Kalvin minimises his errors compared to most around him, he was easily our most consistent player last season.

I'd argue Klich was more consistent tbh. Wasn't ever hoiked early doors and played every league game.

Kalvin is undoubtedly talented, but I think he gets more leeway for being 'one of our own'. Hopefully he can carry on improving at the rate he did last year because, as CJay says, no one fancied KP before last season...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 am I'd argue Klich was more consistent tbh. Wasn't ever hoiked early doors and played every league game.

Kalvin is undoubtedly talented, but I think he gets more leeway for being 'one of our own'. Hopefully he can carry on improving at the rate he did last year because, as CJay says, no one fancied KP before last season...
Klich was subbed 25 times

Six times 63 minutes or under

Klich had a really lean period where he couldn't hit a barn door for over three months

Mateusz was nothing more than average in at least fifteen games over the season hence my seasonal rating of 7.5 overall

Don't get me wrong I really like Klich who had a fine season & he'd obviously would be in my starting XI v Bristol City
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 am Klich played every league game.
Kalvin played 44 games, would have played the full quota had he not been red carded at Forest all down to playing out position as a main CB because we had no other experienced players in that position. After missing those three suspended games Kalvin lost his place for one match to Forshaw who messed up terribly v Norwich (h), Bielsa realised then his best option was KP in the defensive midfield role