Hot Hot Hot

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hot Hot Hot !

Post by 1964white »

Lovely walk along Brid seafront on a beautiful morning. Sat outside having coffee at Costa now.

Gorgeous here

:sun: :sun:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 am Lovely walk along Brid seafront on a beautiful morning. Sat outside having coffee at Costa now.

Gorgeous here

:sun: :sun:
Gorgeous weather here in Sunny Suffolk 64. Will you be popping over to Flamborough Head later :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 am Gorgeous weather here in Sunny Suffolk 64. Will you be popping over to Flamborough Head later :)
We parked up at the South side of Brid in Trafalgar Crescent where Brid Alex bowling green is situated & walked along the front then into the town & sat outside for a coffee watching the world go by, we headed along the coastline to Sewerby & back, about six miles in all, just a nice little amble Swannie.

Headed home when all the 'come for the day' hordes (six coachloads) arrived in Brid
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

No rain for a month can kill off the garden... if this is what happens in a small garden
can you imagine what is happening to farmers and the crops in their fields.
Supply and demand would seem to suggest that there will be price hikes because of
short falls in the harvest of staple foods. What do you think?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our garden looking lovely as it always does during the spring, summer, autumn months.

Lawn looking superb :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Much cooler here at 5am this morning, very autumnal

Lovely here, blue skies & sunny :sun:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:54 am Our garden looking lovely as it always does during the spring, summer, autumn months.

Lawn looking superb :)
Here the grass is burnt to a crisp.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am Here the grass is burnt to a crisp.
Plush green here :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:47 am No rain for a month can kill off the garden... if this is what happens in a small garden
can you imagine what is happening to farmers and the crops in their fields.
Supply and demand would seem to suggest that there will be price hikes because of
short falls in the harvest of staple foods. What do you think?
Wow :shock: That's quite a powerful video rab.
Luckily down here in Suffolk, our farmers have already got their straw bales wrapped up, (as do the farmers up in Yorkshire where I visit my folks) the onions are growing nicely and the baby potatoes have been harvested with the regular spuds just about ready to pick.....the farmers have worked hard at irrigating this year, both our local farmers have invested in new irrigation systems as not so good yields last year.
On a personal note we are very lucky. Our garden has a very high water table so all our greenery and plantage looks very happy. We also have a natural stream running through it, so watering pots etc is a doddle......
hector

Post by hector »

The only thing that grows in my garden is the bloody weeds.... everything else is dead.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 pm The only thing that grows in my garden is the bloody weeds.... everything else is dead.....
That's because you don't weed you garden Hector

I'll have to send my green-fingered lady down to your place to turn your dead garden full of weeds into paradise :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:43 pm That's because you don't weed you garden Hector

I'll have to send my green-fingered lady down to your place to turn your dead garden full of weeds into paradise :lol:
She'll have to be bloody good. I will take a photo of my front garden tomorrow and show you... 40 fuscias put in this year .... all bloody dead..... :cry: :cry:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:48 pm She'll have to be bloody good. I will take a photo of my front garden tomorrow and show you... 40 fuscias put in this year .... all bloody dead..... :cry: :cry:
Jill is an excellent gardener
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

The forecast up here in God's country looks okay for tomorrow so off on to the moors and up to Robin Hood's Bay.
Wednesday on the other hand...
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

whiteswan wrote:
Wow :shock: That's quite a powerful video rab.
Luckily down here in Suffolk, our farmers have already got their straw bales wrapped up, (as do the farmers up in Yorkshire where I visit my folks) the onions are growing nicely and the baby potatoes have been harvested with the regular spuds just about ready to pick.....the farmers have worked hard at irrigating this year, both our local farmers have invested in new irrigation systems as not so good yields last year.
On a personal note we are very lucky. Our garden has a very high water table so all our greenery and plantage looks very happy. We also have a natural stream running through it, so watering pots etc is a doddle......
Our garden is at the edge of an ancient glacier called the Salpaus Selka and the soil
is a sort of sandy silt and the water runs right through it... what I would give for a bit
of clay for water retention. However it is pretty good for growing carrots since they
meet no resistance as their roots penetrate the soil, and they grow long as they seek out water
lower down in the soil

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just back from a lovely stroll along the seafront on a beautiful morning then onto Costa sat outside for a coffee

Brid at 8.30am

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 11.31.16.png

And that's just for starters. Drive to Leeds at 2pm, have a look in the club shop then I may have some fish & chips if they are open. Board the Beeton Flyer at 4.45pm to Manchester.

Appears to be a nice updated little stadium, new ground for all of us of course

Weather forecast looking good this evening :sun: so I reckon I'll stick with my shorts

Come on Leeds :scar1 :clapp: :clape: :shirtw: :supbo: :scarfe2:
hector

Post by hector »

This is the front garden.... I cleared it all and used a rotavator to get it ready for turf, and then all of a sudden it was like this....

DSCF0350.jpg
hector

Post by hector »

This little scrubbing brush is the reason for the boards all round the edge...

Mrs H wanted a lap dog!!!!!
I thought she had one being married to me :shock: :shock:

DSCF0359.jpg
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:21 pm This is the front garden.... I cleared it all and used a rotavator to get it ready for turf, and then all of a sudden it was like this....

DSCF0350.jpg
What a f**king mess :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:21 pm This is the front garden.... I cleared it all and used a rotavator to get it ready for turf, and then all of a sudden it was like this....

DSCF0350.jpg
What a f**king mess :lol: