The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 26th August) - Phillips wage demands reach a crucial stage

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 26th August) - Phillips wage demands reach a crucial stage

Post by Irish Ian »

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching that goal.

The pass from Pablo was weighted so perfectly, any more pace on it and it Dallas would not have got there and any less and the defender would have been able to clear it.

Amazing first touch from Hernandez
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 26th August) - Phillips wage demands reach a crucial stage

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:09 pm Firstly Cjay this 40k a week being bounded about could be pure media speculation.

Enlighten me, who could play his role effectively if we waved Kalvin bye bye ?
Could be but i doubt it, been widely reported for ages KP (and Roofe) wanted parity with Bamford and Casilla.

Ive no idea, just think £40k a week or even £30k is a heck of a lot of money for 1 good season in the 2nd tier.

Lewis Cook earns between £30-40k at Bournemouth.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:52 pm Could be but i doubt it, been widely reported for ages KP (and Roofe) wanted parity with Bamford and Casilla.

Ive no idea, just think £40k a week or even £30k is a heck of a lot of money for 1 good season in the 2nd tier.

Lewis Cook earns between £30-40k at Bournemouth.
Phillips is just as important as Pablo, Bamford & Kiko to us.

God knows what the value of all our players are since Bielsa inherited the squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:00 pm Phillips is just as important as Pablo, Bamford & Kiko to us.

God knows what the value of all our players are since Bielsa inherited the squad
Maybe so but i find it ridiculous that a player in this day and age can earn that sort of money in the 2nd tier.

Based on 1 season.

No issue with him getting a new deal, deserved it for the improvement.

But if its true he demanded to be a high earner then thats poor from someone who is apparently desperate to stay.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Its obscene money whatever way you look at it but better to pay it than buy some overrated import who's just come for the money. Phillips knows what Leeds is about and is as desperate as the rest of us to get Leeds in the PL.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk