Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - Forshaw still out, no new injury concerns

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: They s**t money and it's a different league. I'd expect them to be able to find the players they need. I doubt we could afford or attract any of Man Cities first team strikers
No but we have a 2nd rate winger from them who wouldn't get in there womens team...no offence.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - Forshaw still out, no new injury concerns

Post by Irish Ian »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:29 pm I just don't get our attitude in the 2nd half, were we just knackered or just very naive ??
Knackered, I dont think our guys have the legs to keep this up. Dallas looked shattered by the 70th minute.

Once the goals dont go in I think it just gets into the psyche of the team.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:41 pm Because he's old and stubborn. He may well be the reason Leeds don't go up. PB is not a natural finisher. Harrison is not a good provider. No other team in this league would have Costa on the bench and may be not even Eddie. Its actually becoming laughable at what Bielsa is doing. I've rarely seen any sense in his substitutions but now his first choice 11 has become bewildering. Costa wasn't involved with 23s so why is he left on the bench. Take the bloody leash off these players and put games to bed instead of creating a situation where panic sets in due to a 'striker' who cannot take his chances. Klich missed a penalty but we really shouldn't be relying on penalties and own goals to win such one sided matches every week.

I bet if the statos count up Harrisons touches and passes it would make him look good but this Leeds team are becoming so cliched and he is one of the causes. For all the ball time he sees he does not create enough. MB likes him because he presses better than Costa.

It is bewildering how Costa our marquee signing isnt being given a run in the team.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:22 pm Perhaps if we had Nketiah on from the start, we'd have done too. We're the only team in this league who wouldn't start Nketiah and Costa.
I agree, watch Harrison come back to life with Eddie playing, go back several pages here and I say "we start Eddie and we're 3 up by now". Some of the worst finishing for weeks now from Bamford I've ever seen. Not a bad footballer and he adds a lot in hard work but when I'm screaming where are you going at him every time we break somethings wrong.

Hate ragging on our players but he's another Billy Paynter. MB likes him though and he does add a bit of grit and some good hold up work, problem is he's never where you need him when we have the ball.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Home Form

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: There was zero pressure today...We've played non league teams that put us under more pressure than that. If you're saying it's a fan issue, playing in front of home fans, then that's a different argument. One I'd be happy to explore in a separate thread..
Thats exactly what im saying. 35000 leeds fans expectations weighs heavily on the players .

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:14 pm Man City 3-0 up inside 15 mins. That's what taking your chances looks like.
5 up after 18.
'
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:22 pm No but we have a 2nd rate winger from them who wouldn't get in there womens team...no offence.

A second rate Man City winger will be quality the division down, if he was first rate he'd be on their match day bench or starting...I've no problems with the only player we have that can play that role with any quality on our current squad
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:17 pm This, how he gets in the team is beyond me, no attributes beyond being a hard worker (you can tell he always gives 110 per cent which is fair enough, just lacks any quality).

Bielsa for me too stubborn in the lineups, said it loads of times before. Does all of this analysis on opposition sides and yet we play the same eleven with the same formation and game plan week in week out. Still dominating sides totally, you feel we're just a few tweaks away from running away with the league.
MB is why we are where we are but his stubbornness is frustrating.

Harrison should never have been got back, while we were talking to Wolves about Costa we should have got his mate Cavaleiro to.

The last line describes last season to, at the end of the day we are using largely the same players as last season its no surprise the old issues are occurring.

I think MB has to start Costa and Nketiah, no other team in this league would have them as impactsubs, Costa especially.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Home Form

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:27 pm Thats exactly what im saying. 35000 leeds fans expectations weighs heavily on the players .

Then it is a different argument, one I'll happily discuss because there's an issue there. There's a reason we've spent more time at the second level a than the top one last 50 yrs
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: A second rate Man City winger will be quality the division down, if he was first rate he'd be on their match day bench or starting...I've no problems with the only player we have that can play that role with any quality on our current squad
In other words he's the best of a bad lot basically. Our left side is definitely our weak point . Id put Ayling back in at right back when he's fit enough and switch Dallas to left back.

pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:22 pm There you go. Thats what you get for 2nd rate finishing and Leeds will go all season like this unless stubborn Bielsa changes his ways. No sympathy at all for the clowns.

Totally agree - I do have sympathy for all us supporters though. Time and time again in the last 14 months we have had to suffer these dominating but ultimately not winning performances like this. Just wish I could just shrug it off but I’ll be like a bear with a sore head all day !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:34 pm In other words he's the best of a bad lot basically. Our left side is definitely our weak point . Id put Ayling back in at right back when he's fit enough and switch Dallas to left back.

That's actually a good idea, Alio has been very poor in defence and Dallas Harrison lit it up together in the playoffs. Football is all about partnerships.

On the subject of Costa replacing Dallas, Costa maybe left footed but he's three times the player playing off the right side. If he starts he replaces Pablo for me, then you need to figure out if you start Pablo middle of the park
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:37 pm That's actually a good idea, Alio has been very poor in defence and Dallas Harrison lit it up together in the playoffs. Football is all about partnerships.

On the subject of Costa replacing Dallas, Costa maybe left footed but he's three times the player playing off the right side. If he starts he replaces Pablo for me, then you need to figure out if you start Pablo middle of the park
I can't remember a time Harrison has ever lit anything up since arriving... Dallas was awesome in the play offs though.

I'd put alioski on the left or preferably Costa, if Dallas were moved to left back. Maybe Harrison would be more effective coming on late against a tired defence too. Has he even got an assist this season?! Remember him scoring a tap in earlier on in the league... But pretty sure he's not scored since.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

pembswhite wrote: Totally agree - I do have sympathy for all us supporters though. Time and time again in the last 14 months we have had to suffer these dominating but ultimately not winning performances like this. Just wish I could just shrug it off but I’ll be like a bear with a sore head all day !
The draws against Forest and Derby will feel like defeats to the players and supporters after dominating both games, unfortunately this will become the norm because we don't have a clinical finisher who only needs just one chance to score. It is becoming more and more important for the defence to keep clean sheets because of our lack of goals.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Been reading Mbs press conference where he spoke on his difficulty in finding a system to include both Bamford and Eddie in the same side. So much for having a system that is able to transform itself depending on the situation when you cant find a role for a second striker and even with a mostly fit squad dont have a natural replacement for Harrison on the left.

But Bamford needs benched for the next game.

The boss needs to adapt.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Well if he hasn't found a system by now he never will. Think its just masking over his stubbornness tbh. We should be well clear at the top now but dropping points at home is going to cost us and thats down to missed chances by PB who he insists on starting. MB needs to stand up from his bucket now and rest the players who aren't performing ...same players same outcome imo.

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Just got home and I’m still so bloody angry 😡

I’m sick and tired of hearing how hard Bambi is grafting and is unlucky not to score, when he went for the long range shot I was screaming Noooooooo as I knew he’d miss he needs to be dropped to the U23s to find his scoring boots (if he ever had any), if he stays in the first team we won’t get promoted :rant: :evil: :rant:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:45 pm Just got home and I’m still so bloody angry 😡
I'm still pondering after what I have witnessed today....feels like a loss mate

Jekyll & Hyde comes to mind :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 pmwe don't have a clinical finisher who only needs just one chance to score.
We do though, he's sat on the bench and only gets ten mins. As I said after Barnsley, why can't we get a game finished at HT, rather than waiting until the 85 min all the time.