It Could Happen!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mothbanquet
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

It Could Happen!

Post by mothbanquet » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Ok friends, let's have a bit of fun. I was perusing our fixtures and noticed our penultimate game of the season is against our old chums Derby County, which got me thinking how sweet it would be to seal promotion then and there, and ram our success down each and every one of their throats. It could happen!

But then, because I'm at work and bored as shite, my mind started developing the scenario further, wondering what other things could happen that would make the moment more incredible. This then turned into a wager of sorts with the lad sitting next to me, but I still think my fantasy below is more likely than Chelsea winning the Europa League.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I want to hear some of the most humourous, outlandish and mathematically improbable bets on what COULD happen this season, without straying into the impossible. If any of these scenarios come true, you get to quote this thread at the end of the season and be very smug with yourself.

My own suggestion - that Leeds beat Derby to seal promotion, with the winning goal coming from a corner set piece...scored by Adam Forshaw.

John in Louisiana
Manager
Manager

Re: It Could Happen!

Post by John in Louisiana » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:12 pm

mothbanquet wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Why am I telling you all this? Because I want to hear some of the most humourous, outlandish and mathematically improbable bets on what COULD happen this season, without straying into the impossible.
Bamford scores a hat trick.

Alioski plays ninety minutes without being offside.

Berardi goes the rest of the season without a yellow card.

(Just kidding, Patrick, Ezgjan, and Gaetano.) :)

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Post by paddy parrott » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:18 pm

With Leeds United Mothbanquet nothing is impossible, as anything could be possible.
Just wanting a top table finish that's not much to ask.... second would be just fine by me.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:48 pm

No no no, you're thinking too small Moth....if the premise is we beat Derby to secure promotion then at the same time we must destroy their playoff hopes with the same victory....
GET IN THE BOAT AND ROW

Best starting 11 - Meslier - Dallas - White - Berardi - Davis - Phillips - Hernandez - Klich* - Harrison - Gotts - Costa

mothbanquet
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by mothbanquet » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:48 pm
No no no, you're thinking too small Moth....if the premise is we beat Derby to secure promotion then at the same time we must destroy their playoff hopes with the same victory....
I would say that...if I thought Derby being in the playoffs was within the realms of possibility. :)

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:53 pm

faaip wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:48 pm
Relegate Derby in the process is even better :tup:

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:54 pm

Ooohhh ....... it's an injury time Shrek og that seals it :lol: :lol:

hector

Post by hector » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:11 pm

On the same day Fat Frank gets the sack
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 pm

We win at Brentford in their final season at Griffin Park

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:47 pm

We win by more than four goals, scoring from a :

penalty.
corner kick.
free-kick from 25 yards.
One of our CB's scores a goal
Jack beats his defender once & immediately crosses the ball for Bamford to score with a flying header

Muppet the Cat
Manager
Manager

Post by Muppet the Cat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm

When it’s clear that the home game against Charlton is going to be a celebration party, with promotion already having been nailed on Radz decides that the club should bring out their 4th strip of the season to mark the occasion (not missing this last opportunity of the season to try and part fans with a few more quid from their wallets). He’s still hasn’t decided on the colour though !

If that isn’t unlikely enough, who will be running out holding Liam Cooper’s hand as Charlton match mascot for the day..........why, it’s none other than our very own 64 - a Club plan to get into the Guinness Book of Records for the club to have ever had the oldest match day mascot :shock:

hector

Post by hector » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Muppet the Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm
When it’s clear that the home game against Charlton is going to be a celebration party, with promotion already having been nailed on Radz decides that the club should bring out their 4th strip of the season to mark the occasion (not missing this last opportunity of the season to try and part fans with a few more quid from their wallets). He’s still hasn’t decided on the colour though !

If that isn’t unlikely enough, who will be running out holding Liam Cooper’s hand as Charlton match mascot for the day..........why, it’s none other than our very own 64 - a Club plan to get into the Guinness Book of Records for the club to have ever had the oldest match day mascot :shock:
He will have to get extra double sided tape for the syrup though :mrgreen:
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Muppet the Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm

If that isn’t unlikely enough, who will be running out holding Liam Cooper’s hand as Charlton match mascot for the day..........why, it’s none other than our very own 64 - a club plan to get into the Guinness Book of Records for the club to have ever had the oldest match day mascot :shock:
I'll only do it if I can hold Kalvin's hand 8-) :lol:

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am

Leeds putting manure out of the FA cup and sealing promotion would be better than having sex with Rihanna everyday for the rest of my life.

Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 am

Doire_Boi wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am
Leeds putting manure out of the FA cup and sealing promotion would be better than having sex with Rihanna everyday for the rest of my life.
Only just.....

1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:56 am

Doire_Boi wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am
Leeds putting manure out of the FA cup and sealing promotion
Memories of the 3rd January 2010

Jermaine Beckford scored a bl**dy great goal in a scum sh*thole 8-)

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:07 pm

1964white wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:56 am
Memories of the 3rd January 2010

Jermaine Beckford scored a bl**dy great goal in a scum sh*thole 8-)
Probably in the top 3 days of my life

I honestly think we would do them at ER this season.

Doire_Boi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Doire_Boi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Chilli D wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 am
Only just.....
Yeah... It's actually a tough one looking back :lol:

Advertisment