QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

Post by Cjay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm
More nonsense from MB at the post match interview...Half the time I think the interpreter is asking a different question ...
What did he say?
I really struggle with his interviews now, the interpreter clear doesnt speak great English himself.

Salim (who MB fell out with) was much better.

I dont know why they dont use that English bloke from his 1st press conference, he was great.

Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Not much point being superior and nothing to show for it. Both fullbacks shown up first half for their lack of pace. Feel for Dallas the square peg moved most often . Only Klich looked any good today everyone else 6 or lessand I'm being generous.No rose tinted glasses here.

Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

I thought Costa was poor again today when you consider how much of the ball he had compared to Harrison.

I do wonder if there will be some heated discussions in the changing rooms or even finger pointing towards Bamford when you consider how much they give for him to f**k it up week after week.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

faaip wrote: Beginning to wonder if he thinks the likes of Bogusz and Edmondson would show him up if they played now.
Good comment and probably correct. People don't like being proved wrong. If this form continues its only a matter of time before Bielsa out chants start.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Not much point being superior and nothing to show for it. Both fullbacks shown up first half for their lack of pace. Feel for Dallas the square peg moved most often . Only Klich looked any good today everyone else 6 or lessand I'm being generous.No rose tinted glasses here.

Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Regarding the pen it's obvious Bamford is shot to bits, don't you think someone should have stepped up and taken responsibility?

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:01 pm

rrfierce wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 pm
Bielsa seriously needs a rethink. Who on that bench can make any difference to this game ? Whatever beef he has with Edmundson needs to be put to bed.

Phillips off now. What a disaster
When Bielsa says he looks a Edmonson. I think it is all about the data coming from
the data collection vest that he wears and what is is doing is not enough.
I watched the U23's play when they got beat by Brum 2-0 and they looked like schoolboys.
Even the goalkeeper who looked good at Arsenal let in a couple.

During the post match interview. Marcello's head had dropped. He looked sad, and
he did not seem too enthusiastic about getting anybody new in, and that his only
option is to find solutions with the players he has.

What was even more depressing was to see Victor Orta hunched up and slouching
in his seat with a look of despair on his face. That image seemed to sum up what
everyone is feeling, and perhaps reveals that this transfer season will not be a happy one.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Overman wrote:MB may as well stick his bucket up front.
Or somewhere else for that matter.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:06 pm

We're fine for wingers we have Harrison, Alio, Costa, Hernandez, Stevens and Dallas is a winger don't forget by trade..In fact too many wingers is a problem right now. Think we had 5 on the pitch at the same time today
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Brentford and Fulham chomping at the bit.
Happy as a clam in November - you really couldn't have made this up back then.
That Cardiff result did show up an underlying fragility, although I thought we were past it with the winner at Brum and the draw with West Brom.
What the hell do I know eh? MB now has a massive job to do for us to get our mojo, and confidence, back.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm
What did he say?
I really struggle with his interviews now, the interpreter clear doesnt speak great English himself.

Salim (who MB fell out with) was much better.

I dont know why they dont use that English bloke from his 1st press conference, he was great.
Turned it off quite quickly but the reporter asked "How are you going to cope with only one striker and is there anyone being lined up", he also asked about the performance

MB started rambling with how he thought Alio played well when he came on and gave us something extra off the bench. So unless he's alluding to Alio starting as striker, not a bad idea if the alternative is Paddy, then not sure how this is answering the question.

....but I am...

Baldbloke
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Baldbloke » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm

I missed the last 15 minutes of the game as I’m at work and there’s only so much skiving I can get away with. Was KPs challenge bad? was it a frustration tackle, late one or just plain dangerous?

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm

faaip wrote: This reminds me of the frustration we had under TC ..Bielsa needs to concede this ain't working and he cannot continue to tread water and hope we get lucky...
It never will work in this league, tired of saying it. This only works temporarily with average players . Over 46 league games - never ! The guy is in cloud cuckoo land and has learnt nothing from last season and he's held in such high regard , yeah right !

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Did Jack Clarke even touch the ball when he came on?
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:13 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:43 pm
Casilla - 6 - Virtually nothing to do, one ok save and the goal, that was about it
Ayling - 8 - Excellent defensively and created openings up front
White - 8 - Typical White game, solid
Cooper - 7 - Got flustered a couple of times but good day for him in general
Dallas - 6 - Bielsa is making mistakes constantly switching him and expecting excellence, off his game today but not surprising
Phillips - 6 - Point off for the red but I understand the frustration, we win that a canter with a striker on the pitch. You could criticize the corners but there;s no one making good runs in the box
Klich - 9 - Outstanding..Cool, calm and collected some great vision which Bamford was too poor to do anything with. No way he should have been taken off and for a winger. God knows what happened to the formation at that point. HOW IS HE NOT CAPTAIN!
Harrison - 8 - Quietish first half as we looked to play down their left but excellent with his passing.
Bamford - 0 - Several missed chances, really bad pen that he dived for imo. Poor overall game, no pace, poor movement which is usual for Paddy. Does nothing to help his team mates
Hernandez - 6.5 - Doesn't work centrally for me, passing was off today, Just the one good FK...

Alioski - 6 - OK.
Stevens - 6 - Not enough time
klich a 9 , really ?
thought he contributed very little . he wasn't alone.
Last edited by leic white 63 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:13 pm

SG90 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:12 pm
Did Jack Clarke even touch the ball when he came on?
To be honest I really don't care..

....but I am...

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Mick Jones shoulder wrote:Regarding the pen it's obvious Bamford is shot to bits, don't you think someone should have stepped up and taken responsibility?
It takes a confident man to do that which we sadly lack .

Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Baldbloke wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm
I missed the last 15 minutes of the game as I’m at work and there’s only so much skiving I can get away with. Was KPs challenge bad? was it a frustration tackle, late one or just plain dangerous?
Frustration got the better of him but it was an appalling challenge and a deserved red card.

I was annoyed trat Nakhi Wells was allowed to commit 5/6 fouls and not get a second yellow way before KP lost it.

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:16 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Stevens. Costa has been poor for a while. Who am I kidding.. same 11 next week.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm

leic white 63 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:13 pm
klich a 9 , really ?
tbh thought he contributed very little . he wasn't alone.
Often Klich who put his foot on the ball when all was chaos in defence, bought the ball out well, seldom lost posesion. wonderful cross that Bamford couldn't be arsed to get to. Several clever balls in their half. Does the dirty work everyone misses it seems ..Very good game for me todya

Lets not forget QPR got an illegal goal, we had a pen turned down, created a hatful of chances and generally looked the much better team plus dominated possession.

....but I am...

Advertisment