Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI for Leeds, Berardi on the Bench

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI for Leeds, Berardi on the Bench

Post by apollo »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:10 pm Been out all day and got home to this 'shock'........why oh why do we sign 2 supposedly talented attackers, only put one of them on the bench and leave him there......when everything on the pitch is failing !! Surely in a battle you want all of your best armoury available....I sometimes think Bielsa is taking the piss :cry:
I agree with everything you except for "shock" what was shocking about it?
joemac
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI for Leeds, Berardi on the Bench

Post by joemac »

We are going to blow it because we can’t convert chances into goals , SIMPLES.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:53 pm No idea..I expect those who "understand" these things will be along to explain why it's not a bad result later
I really look forward to reading those comments faaip
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hope the journalists give Bielsa a rough ride in the presser instead of the staryeyed love in we are used to.

Why is he running these guys into the ground?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

2 wins from 9 Championship games. The collective arses are clearly starting to flap.

Biesla really does now need to implement some changes, repetition is a defunct method at present.
joemac
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by joemac »

It’s de ja vue all over again, just can’t score goals and put teams away when we create the opportunities, just get lethal for gods sake. Sick of losing games we dominate.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Thoughts after the game.

From Tuesday night "This has become a broken record. Leeds have a great advantage of possession, are playing attractive football, have created more chances, missed more chances and the opposition has sat back and scored with their very few attempts. How many games recently can you apply this description to?

For all the anger and frustration you've got to remember that we are still (at the moment) in an automatic promotion position.

Anybody remember that double digit gap between 2nd and third?

MB really has no excuse not to give the 2 new guys a start.

It feels like we should be 9 or 10 points clear in first if only we could score.

I know I was the only one who thought the ref on Tuesday was not biased but I thought the one today missed booking Wigan players several times when he could have.

Kiko to blame for the goal but I think the wind was a factor too.

This is a frustrating team to watch.

MOT
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

From the Presser.

"We never resolve a match with individual performance"

My answer. Because we dont have match winners in the squad Marcello

One is playing for Arsenal because of your intransigince. And the other fella is an unknown quantity.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

You can't win promotion when your three forwards are Harrison, Bamford and Costa (the biggest disapointment for me). There is no reason having players on the bench and never used them . In two games at home we made only two subs. If Bielsa doesn't trust his subs there is no reason for the club bying players. As much as i like his style of play i am afraid it will cost us promotion again. I am so dissapointed
joemac
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by joemac »

Really really sick over this result,?and we have been here before, all the feel good factor off getting new players in this week has evaporated. This is a kick in the guts. Players need to react next week or we are doomed to another season in this league and Bielsa being gone.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Bielsa a very good coach who's worked miracles with an inferior playing staff.

But I add he isn't the messiah, what's he won? Not Don is he or Shankly Paisley etc and the sooner we and more Importantly he learns this the better.

I really hope he does because he has been a breath of fresh air..

Hopefully next week will be better.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

60sUnited wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:10 pm Been out all day and got home to this 'shock'........why oh why do we sign 2 supposedly talented attackers, only put one of them on the bench and leave him there......when everything on the pitch is failing !! Surely in a battle you want all of your best armoury available....I sometimes think Bielsa is taking the piss :cry:
I respect everything he has done for us but he values his system over everything.

That imo is part of why he hasnt won much.

To MB the system comes first, not winning matches, not scoring goals.

The system is everything.

To the point that he refuses to use players who should be used even just from the bench because they arent in his eyes ready to fit the system.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What does Dallas bring?

Genuine question.

Aside from knowing the system what effect does he have on the game?
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Beyond caring about these frauds anymore. And before anyone tells me I can't criticise Bielsa or Bamford, I can and I will. That arrogant prick shouldn't play for us again after covering his ears for scoring two tap ins that I could've scored, but he's still getting picked every week. JKA obviously needs to prove himself against u23 opposition before being given a chance. But hey we nearly got promoted two years in a row, so I'm sure Radz will give Bamford a pay rise and five year contract.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I hope we don't have another Eddie N. situation with JKA.
Surely surely surely he has to play.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

There's no jeopardy. Regardless of how poor they perform, they get picked every week and they'll be given new contracts and massive pay rises for doing nothing.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

There were a few today that anyone who can manage to remain upright could have wafted in with a cap😁😁😁. Chances.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

joemac wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:24 pm Really really sick over this result,?and we have been here before, all the feel good factor off getting new players in this week has evaporated. This is a kick in the guts. Players need to react next week or we are doomed to another season in this league and Bielsa being gone.
Don't want Bielsa next season tbh. Another year of Dallas and Bamford playing every week and throwing away a golden opportunity of promotion.

And yes I know we'll finish 16th or something, but I'm not particularly bothered. Rather finish 16th than spend all season in the top 2 and throw it away for a 3rd season.

We need a massive clear out, but will struggle to offload poor players on big wages.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

joemac wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:13 pm We are going to blow it because we can’t convert chances into goals , SIMPLES.
It isn't just that though is it, if you basically are incapable of defending then opponents no matter how poor are in with a shout. This I add is being proved quite regularly. We may be top two but personally I think the quality of the league is limited.