Bielsa's comments

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bielsa's comments

Post by 1964white »

"We have good headers, but Liam is the only who is very good. In English football you have very good aerial players. That is a problem. After it looks like the goalkeeper has to resolve those situations."

“The single question is why we lost a match which we had to win? We should have scored at least one of the 15 chances that we had.

“After 15 chances we had another ten situations where we didn’t create danger. We didn’t create danger in the box or inside the six-yard box.

“I can’t say whether our goalkeeper (Kiko Casilla) should have done better (for the goal), I’d need to see it again.

“But in 40 minutes we had 15 chances and in every match we have (created) more chances than our opponent.’
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Bielsa's comments

Post by MightyWhites »

It's getting boring and bloody annoying isn't it?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

What will he do to change that exactly? Pick the exact same team next game and then moan again when the same thing happens.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1. Disagree.
2. We should have had two strikers on the pitch to combat 5 defenders.
3. When we did bring on Roberts it was again a panic reaction instead of a tactical change. Our play lost its fizz by then. We looked beaten.
4? Well watch it again, why is our keeper allowing himself to be dominated by the opposition? Why does he use such poor technique in his handling?
5 .Means nothing.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:22 pm "We have good headers, but Liam is the only who is very good. In English football you have very good aerial players. That is a problem. After it looks like the goalkeeper has to resolve those situations."
So Marcelo finally concedes we have a aerial deficiency at the back :shock:

Could have told MB that last summer when he sold our best CB who was immense so many times in the air last season

Why didn't we fix this problem in the January window?

Blatantly obvious to the majority of fans who watch championship football, there aren't many teams that play football on the ground.....Brentford, West Brom & Fulham are exceptions that come to mind, the rest are a bunch of hoofers who rely on corners, set-pieces, thrown-ins winning the first ball looking to punish the opposition on the second ball.

Fed up of losing to poor teams with big untalented useless articles bullying us :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:22 pm “The single question is why we lost a match which we had to win? We should have scored at least one of the 15 chances that we had.

“After 15 chances we had another ten situations where we didn’t create danger. We didn’t create danger in the box or inside the six-yard box.

“I can’t say whether our goalkeeper (Kiko Casilla) should have done better (for the goal), I’d need to see it again.

“But in 40 minutes we had 15 chances and in every match we have (created) more chances than our opponent.’
His comments are like a broken record

Don't we practice shooting & crossing whilst under pressure?

It would appear not :shock:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I seem to remember loads saying we don't miss Pontus back in October.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:32 pm What will he do to change that exactly? Pick the exact same team next game and then moan again when the same thing happens.
So Big Kev & Poveda are not fit enough to play 20 or 30 minutes when we need to change things & are crying out for something different

But Tyler Roberts who has been out injured for three months is fit enough :?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:44 pm So Big Kev & Poveda are not fit enough to play 20 or 30 minutes when we need to change things when we are crying out for something different

But Tyler Roberts who has been out injured for three months is fit enough :?
Some players have to play u23s before they return, yet the likes of Roberts, Ayling and Forshaw stroll straight back in. :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:41 pm I seem to remember loads saying we don't miss Pontus back in October.
You did SG

Not from me though, I defended Pontus to the hilt, class player whom we sold on the cheap.

Disgraceful how we sent him packing :x
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:47 pm You did SG

Not from me though, I defended Pontus to the hilt, class player whom we sold on the cheap.

Disgraceful how we sent him packing :x
And he will be in the PL next season and we won't.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:41 pm I seem to remember loads saying we don't miss Pontus back in October.
We don't, he wouldn't be starting atm...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

How delusional can you be to think Poveda and Augustin can wait ten games before being given a chance? We need answers now. And don't get me started on Meslier. Excellent v Arsenal and not seen since. Casilla has been woeful since Cardiff.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:47 pm Some players have to play u23s before they return, yet the likes of Roberts, Ayling and Forshaw stroll straight back in. :roll:
Makes no sense whatsoever!

Once again we had no replacement striker when we desperately need one.

How many more matches do we need to lose?

In the main we have balls up the first 32 days of the new year
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

If Jannson wasn't in our first team currently it would be because of Friction with the coach and not ability quite simple really or an injury.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:04 pm If Jannson wasn't in our first team currently it would be because of Friction with the coach and not ability quite simple really or an injury.
Bielsa quoted Pontus was our best player last season, he stepped out of line because Jansson has a winning mentality & he was punished for his actions

Cooper & Berardi doth their caps with a yes sir/no sir attitude & they were retained

Pontus was too volatile for Marcelo

Imagine what scum would have been like if Fergie had dismissed Cantona?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Do you really want the kind of dressing room where players down tools when they don't get their own way? It wasn't just the Villa goal, it was refusing to return for training on time. Sackable offence in most jobs, I'd have thought.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:06 pm Do you really want the kind of dressing room where players down tools when they don't get their own way? It wasn't just the Villa goal, it was refusing to return for training on time. Sackable offence in most jobs, I'd have thought.
He had a valid reason to be late but it was poorly handled.

But his absence isnt the reason for our slump imo.

We rode our luck in the 7 game spell, just like last year.

It masked our frailities in both seasons.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:06 pm Do you really want the kind of dressing room where players down tools when they don't get their own way? It wasn't just the Villa goal, it was refusing to return for training on time. Sackable offence in most jobs, I'd have thought.
Jansson was given a few more weeks off as he played in the Euro qualifiers for Sweden until mid-Jun. Pontus tweeted he was looking forward to returning for training with his teammates, then out of the blue was told by Leeds to find a new club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:18 pm He had a valid reason to be late but it was poorly handled.

But his absence isnt the reason for our slump imo.

We rode our luck in the 7 game spell, just like last year.

It masked our frailities in both seasons.
Pontus is more of a leader than any player we have at the club now, the fact remains we haven't got a leader, yes he could be a ar*ehole at times but you need those type of passionate players within your ranks.