Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI, Roberts returns to the bench

Post by Velotrax »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:38 pm Johnson will say anything to deflect from his teams inept performance he really is a horrible little sh!t
Funny he never mentioned their players diving in our box, trying to get a pen..cheating arxe wipe
gessa

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread - Unchanged Starting XI, Roberts returns to the bench

Post by gessa »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:41 pm Funny he never mentioned their players diving in our box, trying to get a pen..cheating arxe wipe

Exactly, mentioned it whilst match was goung on.
Silva should have been booked
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Fulham keeper at fault for all 3 of their goals conceded today.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I thought we played really well today. First half I was watching a stream provided by Bristol... interesting in the first half when their player went down, and was subsequently subbed, the commentators said they thought he'd gone down tactically to provide time for the manager to brief the players!! sounds like they do it all the time then!! Second half I watched the stream provided by faaip, thank you, which was much better :-D Our passing is amazing, we fight for every ball, we lose it, we fight relentlessly to get it back, we go down and get straight back up, this is all Bielsa's influence. It should really have been a 3-4 win for us but nevertheless we got the 3 points so all is good. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Best performance for a while, still not clinical emough, but important to keep a clean sheet and get three points. At this stage of the season, that's all we need. As for Lee Johnson, does he ever tire of talking shite? :roll:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm Standard performance today - what we have seen all season. Dominated the match, created lots of chances. SImilar to in our winning run we managed to take 1 of the numerous chances and the opposition didn't score with their 1 chance or get a helpful decision from the ref. Small margins dictate our results.
It may look that way with the scoreline and the stats but that was one of the best performances we have put in all season imo.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:46 pm Fulham keeper at fault for all 3 of their goals conceded today.
Keep him on for the Derby game
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:18 pm It may look that way with the scoreline and the stats but that was one of the best performances we have put in all season imo.
I watched the game. We were brilliant but we have been several times this season regardless of the final result. If Wells took his chance then people wouldn't be saying great performance just moaning about chances missed etc. The Derby performance was at least on a par but because we drew 1-1 people just remember the result.

As I say small margins in football can produce hugely different outcomes.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:18 pm It may look that way with the scoreline and the stats but that was one of the best performances we have put in all season imo.
Yes we have out played two of our promotion rivals in the last 2 games, just wish we'd put them to bed earlier
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 pm I watched the game. We were brilliant but we have been several times this season regardless of the final result. If Wells took his chance then people wouldn't be saying great performance just moaning about chances missed etc. The Derby performance was at least on a par but because we drew 1-1 people just remember the result.

Completely agree. I couldn't help but think of the Derby game at ht, given how much we were dominating. Thankfully Wells flopped, especially after his cheating and smugness afterwards at QPR. We need to be more clinical when in complete control.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SG90 wrote:
Completely agree. I couldn't help but think of the Derby game at ht, given how much we were dominating. Thankfully Wells flopped, especially after his cheating and smugness afterwards at QPR. We need to be more clinical when in complete control.
Not really all we need to do is score one goal and keep a clean sheet.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:01 pm Not really all we need to do is score one goal and keep a clean sheet.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Which we've had trouble doing recently. First clean sheet in 12 games, hopefully this can turn a corner.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Maltawhite wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:15 pm Well done boys. Should of got 3 or 4 but clean sheet was imperative. Heart in mouth for half the second half.

All the other results went our way. If we play like we have the last 2 games we are going up for sure.
First clean sheet since 10th December v Hull City at ER
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yeesssssss three points and a clean sheet. With the bonus of other teams at the top of the table dropping points.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:38 pm Johnson will say anything to deflect from his teams inept performance he really is a horrible little sh!t
:rol: :rol: :rol:

He reminds me of Joe Pasquale with that squeaky voice :lol:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

13 cup finals to go, looks like a low points tally will gain promotion. Fulham have an absolutely horrible run-in with some tough fixtures and local derbies in the mix as well. Brentford & Forest only have a slightly better run-in than them. Ours is far easier ....on paper ! Given the fixtures of the four teams I'd take ours all day long. WBA can do us some favours as they have to play 4 of the 5 teams below us still. We are showing signs of the early season form but still need to put games to bed earlier .
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 pm I watched the game. We were brilliant but we have been several times this season regardless of the final result. If Wells took his chance then people wouldn't be saying great performance just moaning about chances missed etc. The Derby performance was at least on a par but because we drew 1-1 people just remember the result.

i wouldn't say we were brilliant but apart from that i 100% agree with you.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

That's why the Forest game felt really odd. We were soundly beaten, no flukey goals or ref shenanigans. I realised that it was the first loss for a long while where we didn't have any excuses. That says a lot in itself.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:45 pm 13 cup finals to go, looks like a low points tally will gain promotion. Fulham have an absolutely horrible run-in with some tough fixtures and local derbies in the mix as well. Brentford & Forest only have a slightly better run-in than them. Ours is far easier ....on paper ! Given the fixtures of the four teams I'd take ours all day long. WBA can do us some favours as they have to play 4 of the 5 teams below us still. We are showing signs of the early season form but still need to put games to bed earlier .
I joked a while back that it would be sweet to clinch promotion away at Derby and rub it in their noses. I admit I didn't actually consider how close the race would have to be for that to happen. Now it might well be a possibility given how mental this league has been so far.

Would all that anxiety be worth it just to get one over on Derby?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 pm Would all that anxiety be worth it just to get one over on Derby?
As long as we actually did it. The reverse possibility, of them beating us to deny us promotion again, is unthinkable.

The thing they dread most is us and Forest going up, so I'd take that any which way. An equally satisfying situation would be if we were safely up by that point, but they needed to beat us to avoid relegation after a points deduction.

92nd minute og by Chris Martin to send them down.