The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 25th February) Will Casilla play with hand injury?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 25th February) Will Casilla play with hand injury?

Post by The Subhuman »

Saying Bamford could play the Klich role...Clearly not but for reasons I couldn't go into
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 25th February) Will Casilla play with hand injury?

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:13 pm Saying Bamford could play the Klich role...Clearly not but for reasons I couldn't go into
Not what I meant . We dont have someone to replace Klich, but Klich tends to play as a second Pablo, KP or whover else needs support on the pitch.

So instead play without him and have a true 10 in Bamford or Roberts and have everyone else pick up the slack. It is what Leeds are good at, switching position according to the situation.

And it might also filll that massive hole we have in central midfield when we attack.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Slight misunderstanding but it'd be in place of Pablo not Klich for me, Phillips job is to sit deep in front of the defence and make up a 3 when the wing backs advance. That leaves Klich to do all the dirty work in centre midfield and take him out and you've lost the midfield battle. Hernandez nor Bamford could do that job for obvious reasons..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:43 pm Slight misunderstanding but it'd be in place of Pablo not Klich for me, Phillips job is to sit deep in front of the defence and make up a 3 when the wing backs advance. That leaves Klich to do all the dirty work in centre midfield and take him out and you've lost the midfield battle. Hernandez nor Bamford could do that job for obvious reasons..
I get what you mean, I was just musing what possibilities there are without Klich in the side. I wonder what other playing options there are.
Last time he didn’t play the as QPR away in the cup last season when Lewis Baker took his place.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Untitled-5.jpg
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Uddntitled-4.jpg
Uddntitled-4.jpg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Depending if and when Derby get penalised by the FA under FFP rules, Leeds could be the team to send them to Division 1
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 pm Depending if and when Derby get penalised by the FA under FFP rules, Leeds could be the team to send them to Division 1
🤞🏼
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

With both Luton and Huddersfield winning, Boro Manager Jonathan Woodgate has not felt this sort of pressure since deciding it was a good idea to go to the Majestic nightclub