The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th June) Mitrovic accepts three game ban

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th June) Mitrovic accepts three game ban

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 30th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Mitrovic receives three game ban foe elbow on White

Fulham Striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has been banned for three games for elbowing Leeds defender Ben White. The Serbian International is joint top scorer of the Championship, alongside Ollie Watkins with 23 goals. Mitrovic accepted a charge of violent conduct by the Football Association after the callous act was witnessed by millions on Sky at the weekend. A Spokesman for the FA was quoted as said...

Fulham FC’s Aleksandar Mitrovic has been suspended for three matches following the EFL Championship fixture between Leeds United FC and Fulham FC on Saturday 27 June 2020. The striker admitted his behaviour in or around the third minute of the match was in breach of FA Rule E1(a) and constituted violent conduct, in an incident which was not seen by match officials but was caught on video.

Does this spell the end for Fulham's promotion race?

Villa eventually under investigation for FFP

Aston Villa may face an investigation over a FFP breach regarding the sale of their stadium in May 2019. Billionaire owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens bought Villa Park for £56.7m just ahead of the club's re-entry into the Premier League. This deal was coordinated via NSWE Stadium Ltd - a company controlled by the duo.

According to The Sun, Villa claim that the investigation from Premier League chiefs is part of standard regulatory checks. The EFL are conducting independent enquiries into the sales by Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County and Reading of their stadiums to owners. When will they do this? Derby County are sneaking up the table, and are only three points from a play off place! Should they be allowed to participate in the play offs if their case isn't heard?

Would you make any changes tonight?

With seven games in the next 23 days, it's important to keep your players sharp and fresh. Bearing this in mind would you give any of the fringe players a run out this evening? Luton, although scrapping hard for points are an incredible 10/1 to get a result at Leeds this evening! The likes of Stevens, Shackleton, Struik, Berardi, Poveda and Douglas have all struggled for minutes on the pitch this term - Is it time to give the squad players some valuable minutes? Would you make any changes to the starting line up this evening?

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th June) Mitrovic accepts three game ban

Post by Ratscoot »

Always rated Mitrovic as a player but after Saturday it’s obvious he’s a bully and a coward and deserves the punishment, him accepting the punishment means nothing he had no choice.

The FA and EFL should have sorted FFP months ago but as we all know if it’s Leeds they can sort things out very quickly or drag things out but keep getting the “offence” mentioned in the press but if it’s the likes of Derby they tend to drag things out in a hope it gets forgotten or as I suspect wait until the season is over then give them a relatively small punishment that is deferred pending them not doing it again :duno:

Yes drop Bambi put Roberts upfront, give Little Ian a run out in the 10 position with Pablo on the bench just in case, give Klich a rest and play Shack or Gotts
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 30th June) Mitrovic accepts three game ban

Post by Finnatic »

Unless someone has a slight injury, strongest team and points in the bag every time for me.
Then introduce fringe players and rest others
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

I'd have harrison on the right and alioski on the left to start.

pablo on the bench, to come on at half time if required.

otherwise same as saturday.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The time the football authorities are taking to make a decision and hopefully penalise Derby and Shef Wed is ridiculous. What are they waiting for?
Yes, strongest team until promotion is assured then you can rest them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Strongest team until we win the title, not till we get promotion.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa won't change things too much unless he has to, he knows his best XI & two or three subs. The fillers will have to wait although if we go up I doubt they'll be good enough in the prem especially as they are not ready for championship football yet!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa won't change things too much unless he has to, he knows his best XI & two or three subs. The fillers will have to wait although if we go up I doubt they'll be good enough in the prem especially as they are not ready for championship football yet!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Seven rounds to go, it'll probably take five or six to seal the title. Bielsa will stick to the strongest team until the end of the season.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I agree with strongest team however I think it's best to bring Pablo on when they're knackered or even not at all if we've got the pts in the bag.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 pm I agree with strongest team however I think it's best to bring Pablo on when they're knackered or even not at all if we've got the pts in the bag.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
I agree. I also agree that our best team right now might be Harrison on the right, Alioski on the left, and Tyler up top. Poveda getting 45 minutes or so in place of Pablo is not a bad idea, either, as Pablo needs to be managed quite carefully for the remainder. Anyway, as we saw Saturday, 45 minutes of Pablo is often more than enough.