FIFA 12

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

FIFA 12

Post by JonTheBassist »

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2011082 ... 85_2429393

Hopefully EA will take more time into makin Leeds look better in the new game! (Likenesses, 3rd kit, goalie kit) Maybe even Elland Road????!!!! That would be awesome!
DallasWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @LUFCTX

Re: FIFA 12

Post by DallasWhite »

I saw that, the only official thing we get is a Leeds based game sleeve we can print :roll: I'd love to have ER in the game, only time I remember it being in a game was the god awful Premier League specific game EA released in the late 90s, the game was terrible, but the lure of a virtual ER had me playing it for years :lol:
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Haha sweet. I was actually looking for it on the net a year or two ago, just to see how they did elland road cos i never got the game when it was released, but i could never find it :?
How many English stadiums are there usually in fifa tho? I think they should do more cos i dont think theres too many...
All i can think of is wembley, st lames park, anfield, old trafford, stamford bridge, emirates, i think white hart lane was in one or two fifa games... thats only 7. They shud put in another 3 i reckon and include elland road!!!! :-D
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Thoughts on the demo? After playing it for a fair while now I think most of the changes are good- dribbling is tight and the impact engine is nice, but does need some tweaking.

I think the defending is an issue though, too easy for strikers to just ghost past you, especially as one mistimed tackle can leave you miles behind with no chance of catching the (usually over-fast) striker. The hassling opponents works better than it has, but tackling in the box is a nightmare as so many tackles result in fouls now...
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Genghers wrote:Thoughts on the demo? After playing it for a fair while now I think most of the changes are good- dribbling is tight and the impact engine is nice, but does need some tweaking.

I think the defending is an issue though, too easy for strikers to just ghost past you, especially as one mistimed tackle can leave you miles behind with no chance of catching the (usually over-fast) striker. The hassling opponents works better than it has, but tackling in the box is a nightmare as so many tackles result in fouls now...
I have kept a close eye on the last 4 or 5 fifas, always willing to jump on the ship if the new pro evo was turdy poop.
Last seasons updates of both pro and fifa left me scratching my head, I got both.
This year I will only be trying FIFA as I'm really tired of pro evo never really improving!

The trouble was when I got fifa 11 I had the stutter bug which I couldnt fix for love nor patching.
So when fifa12 hits this year I'm going to wait for the bug reports then if it seems OK I'll give it a whirl probably in October time.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Twigglet has the FIFA 12 demo for XBox and guess what he wants for his birthday in November? :roll: He is thrilled to bits with the demo..the actual game should mean we never see him except at mealtimes! :twisted:
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

i built a few stadiums for the PC version of FIFA a few years back... i think i did it around 06...

I gave up modding games a long time ago, but heres a screen shot... it took me months and months to learn how to do it, but i was determined to have Elland Road in the game.

I also did Tynecastle..

Side Before Self, Every Time
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

heres a couple more shots i found on the computer of some of the early renders... i realise parts of the ground arent acurate, but it was bloody difficult! :lol:

Last edited by Silky on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Side Before Self, Every Time
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Wow thats a pretty good Elland Road Silk :)
DallasWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DallasWhite »

got the game & fixed some of the ratings, yes I think Ross is better than Brown :horse: I was wondering if anyone had some good quality recordings of Leeds chants, I saw that you can upload a bunch for different situations 8-)
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

DallasWhite wrote:got the game & fixed some of the ratings, yes I think Ross is better than Brown :horse: I was wondering if anyone had some good quality recordings of Leeds chants, I saw that you can upload a bunch for different situations 8-)
I dont know about the chants yet man. What platform did you get this on? Im waiting to see what the pc version is like before i get it.
DallasWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DallasWhite »

Got it on the ps3, its very good, I'm struggling to score though, makes for a frustrating switch from '10
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

DallasWhite wrote:Got it on the ps3, its very good, I'm struggling to score though, makes for a frustrating switch from '10
Yea, from what ive heard they have tweaked the defense heavily which is good! i would rather play a challenging game than an easy one that you get bored of in a few weeks. Thats the reason why i used to only buy PES, but i think fifa this year sounds a lot better. im just praying they have sorted all the bugs on the pc version this time!
I saw on youtube that they have included our GK strip this season. is there a 3rd Leeds kit or just the black one?
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

DallasWhite wrote:got the game & fixed some of the ratings, yes I think Ross is better than Brown :horse: I was wondering if anyone had some good quality recordings of Leeds chants, I saw that you can upload a bunch for different situations 8-)
I've got some that i used on fifa 11, put them on fifa 12 this morning and they work great
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

I got the game on pc over the weekend, and wow!~ the pc version is finally up to scratch :) after years of playing s**t, we finally got the version we all wanted! its amazing, and definately better than PES! the new defensive impact engine seems good, but its taking me a while to get used to it. I battle to score goals, and concede a lot... but im getting better. there is an option to use the old defensive system too, so if you dont like the new system, you can just revert to the old one - which is a nice option to have! Im persevering with the new system though, because i like a challenge. with that said though, i have played 5 and won only once, losing the rest :/
The one thing i warn pc gamers about is this new origin thing you have to register the game on. A lot of people on the ea forums seem to be having crazy problems with it : http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1042159.page ... especially after installing the update. I will not install this update now, for fears of having the same problems! a bit lame, but whatever - the game is fine as is IMO.
Although, i dont know if this is normal or not, but i have to stay logged into origin to play the game :/ Can anyone verify this? luckily i did get a permanent internet connection this year, so its not a biggie....
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

IMO the game has gone downhill since '09. I absolutely hated 11 and - having played the 12 demo enough times now - this is not one I want to see under my Xmas tree.

Funnily enough, most people I know agree, but will buy 12 so they can play online - as crafty old EA shut down the servers for older versions just for this very reason :evil:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
rand3ll
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rand3ll »

Anybody play this on xbox 360 and online? I fancy a few games on UT if possible, if not then just regular online games.

Please Respond! :)
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Not on xbox man :/
Does anybody know where to find any Leeds mods for this game?
I cant seem to find any anywhere online, and i would love to play the game with a 3rd leeds kit, more faces (Tom Lees!!!) and maybe even elland road...
Id appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction, thanks!