3DS

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

3DS

Post by Genghers »

Anyone else played/own one of these? I got one a couple of days ago and it is incredible! 3D with no ridiculous glasses, and some really innovative uses of it. There's an augmented reality game where it renders 3D objects in real-time onto surfaces you point the camera at!

Can't wait to get a few more games for it, for now I've just got Monster Hunter 3, but that in itself is so in-depth that I don't think I need anything else for a while!
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 3DS

Post by Emsley »

I'm a hardcore gamer and normally only bother with unique or genuinely A+ Games.
3DS isn't bad but it needs some major A+ games bringing out for it.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I admit that I mainly got this in preparation for the new Pokemon game which comes out towards the back end of the year (I've played every one since I was little, so I feel like I should!).

Before I bought it I looked at Metacritic for reviews, and the new Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter all rated very highly. Plus Ocarina of Time, which is one of the games of all time.

I agree that now gaming is so expensive, it makes sense to go for only the best... BUT I also think there is a case for innovation being a big seller, and obviously the 3DS has that going for it.

Did you ever play Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2? Probably my favourite game of all time, but sadly overlooked by a lot of people!
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Yes genghers I have played SoTC, it's still one of the most uniquely beautiful games even though it's running on the PS2.
I emulated it recently with a PS2 emulator.

Up until the PS3 launch (a few years after actually) was the last time I consistently bought "legit" games.
I mainly download/pirate my games now and have been over the past 3 years.
I have noticed a steady decline in A+ titles, and the waiting time between really good games is becoming years, not seasons like it used to be.

This year only three games that are probably going to make it on to my to buy list: The new Metal gear, The last of us, and Metro Last light. (this one I am really looking forward to) everything else I will download for the PC.
Out of all the games I have downed this year I'd say Dishonered, Far Cry 3, Sleeping dogs and The walking dead episodes are the only games I would not of been pissed off with if I had spent money.

The rest such as FIFA, Pro evo, And even mass effect 3 would of left a rotten taste in my mouth if Id spent the cash.
I have spent a fortune on games and consoles and PC upgrades over the years.
I'm actually going out to buy a nintendo Wii as I want to play mario galaxy 1 & 2 as its really cheap now.
Probably buy it in the next month or so. As for the rest of the games on the Wii..................
Monster hunter maybe, zelda SS my buddies who love zelda and have played since a link to the past were so disappointed with it, so I know it's not for me.

Nintendo has lost a lot of its magic.
And other than some cracking games for the PS3 most xbox 360 games get a release for the PC at the same time.
Resident evil 6 is a travesty.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Emsley wrote:Out of all the games I have downed this year I'd say Dishonered, Far Cry 3, Sleeping dogs and The walking dead episodes are the only games I would not of been pissed off with if I had spent money.
The first 3 absolute agreement, mate. I was pissed off when I finished SD it was that good. I am into FC3 now and I have just been wowed by the mushroom quest the mad doc sent me on - I felt like I was tripping out!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Necro bump - the 3DS has some OSSUM games, many of which are total time sinks - my daughter has over 120hours in her animal crossing village while I have 60 or so in MH3.

As for magic of Nintendo? the 3DS and WiiU games I have played outshine the older ones easily.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

mav wrote:Necro bump - the 3DS has some OSSUM games, many of which are total time sinks - my daughter has over 120hours in her animal crossing village while I have 60 or so in MH3.

As for magic of Nintendo? the 3DS and WiiU games I have played outshine the older ones easily.
I wish I could justify a WiiU, but I don't have enough time to play xbox as it is, so another console seems pointless. Some of the games look ace though, I'm really hoping there is a 3DS version of Pikmin at some point as I loved the gamecube ones.

Not played much Monster Hunter in a loooong time, I think it definitely needs the multiplayer mode to keep it fresh. Got a couple of older DS games I'm playing through at the moment (Prof. Layton and Crono Trigger), but again I'm making slow progress due to lack of time to play them!
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Have a WiiU and thge games are amazing, the Tablet is brilliant and frankly some of the games are harder than anything on my brothers PS4.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.