GTA V

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: GTA V

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:FFS had to take it back and exchange because of freezing problems. The new disc is doing the same despite my installing the INSTALL disc to Hard Drive and PLAY disc to usb. There were three other people in Tesco this morning getting their money back and I am going to do the same after lunch. I have given up on this!

Rockstar now suggesting the fault is with "older consoles" :roll: mine is not brand new, but has large HD + HDMI so new-ish.

Disappointing, but I won't be an early adopter with Rockstar in the near future.
Hmmm, hope I don't have this problem too as my console is about 2/3 years old...
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Seems to be an 'older' console problem from what I'm now reading. I'm not going to shell out for a new one when everything else plays fine. Looks like Rockstar did not fully test it.

Might wait for XB1, but don't know if this game is compatible.

Disappointing, but onto Splinter Cell Blacklist.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote:Seems to be an 'older' console problem from what I'm now reading. I'm not going to shell out for a new one when everything else plays fine. Looks like Rockstar did not fully test it.

Might wait for XB1, but don't know if this game is compatible.

Disappointing, but onto Splinter Cell Blacklist.
Hate to be a killjoy but our 5yo Kazakstani xbox 360 is playing GTA V just fine !! :mrgreen:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

My console is fairly old, too - just don't get what the issue is :| Fed up reading about all possible patches so I've given up on this game for the foreseeable future.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Gino 1959 wrote:My console is fairly old, too - just don't get what the issue is :| Fed up reading about all possible patches so I've given up on this game for the foreseeable future.
That is proper dog shite mate.
It should be up to cockstar to fix that, a load of nonsense to suggest "yer machine is too old"
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Well feck Rockstar for releasing a game that is not universally reliable. Much of the advice is conflicting so I have no idea how to fix the issue. Problem is now that retailers are using the "it must be your console" excuse not to refund. Happened to me n Tesco when I took second game back. I then asked the stroppy supervisor in what way - in her opinion - was it my console that was the problem and she was not able to answer. Point made and full refund :mrgreen:

I can't be arsed any more as these issues have spoiled the excitement/anticipation for me personally.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

GTA V

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Is it just me that can't get online?
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Is it just me that can't get online?
Online release date is 1st October :tup:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

GTA V

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Well finished first player.. Was a tad disappointed tbh!

You just get into it and its over ;)

Good characters good story but over to soon..
Online is ok.
Work needed on the next one I'm thinking