GTA V

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

GTA V

Post by Genghers »

PKJUBGASDKL:BNGDPNPEDN{DN{DGDjbnJKb;sdng;sdklngfpsdbngajkbgn[asbdn[glngzxcvcm, bipesng[ sdipgfhseavuipnmld

So excited.
steveuk
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by steveuk »

When's it out?
I'm more of a fifa /cod fan but I do fancy this...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: GTA V

Post by Genghers »

17th I believe. I usually wait a month or so to get FIFA so the bugs get ironed out/squads are finalised at the end of emergency loans. Surprised there isn't a demo for it yet tbh...

Lost interest in CoD a while ago, story/gameplay recycling just to make money. Would like to see them do something innovative in the way that Far Cry and Bioshock have with the genre.
steveuk
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by steveuk »

Yeah I know what you mean with cod ,it's just same old same old...
I can't see why they don't change the multiplayer maps so you can go in any building/structures you want instead of just the ones they allow
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

GTA V the first game I have ever pre-ordered - looks feckin' awesome.

FIFA demo just out, but I haven't bought one since 2009 :shock: only considering it now cos a nephew is getting into football and wants someone to beat/play online!

CoD just milking it - Hitman Absolution, Bioshock, FC3 and Arkham City much more enjoyable games.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:GTA V the first game I have ever pre-ordered - looks feckin' awesome.

FIFA demo just out, but I haven't bought one since 2009 :shock: only considering it now cos a nephew is getting into football and wants someone to beat/play online!

CoD just milking it - Hitman Absolution, Bioshock, FC3 and Arkham City much more enjoyable games.
Want to pre-order it and take a day off work for it, but not sure I can justify the money atm. I might waver within the week though! :lol:

Downloaded the FIFA demo, but not played it yet. Apparently they've made fairly drastic changes to how the players move around/interact with each other, making it less easy to exploit pace (which was always the best tactic for the last few iterations). I don't buy it every year, but might get this one a month or so after release so any bugs are ironed out/squads finalised...

I'm all about the single player experience nowadays, don't have much time to play games anymore, so I tend to look for an immersive story which I can pick up and get into at any point. Used to play a lot of Halo online back in the day, but as with any of these games it's those who play most who do best and it gets frustrating as a relatively fresh player.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

I was watching some games review show where it said that there had been previous correlations between big game releases and 'sickies' :lol: Not a huge online fan these days because - as you say - it is the nerds sat in front of a game console all day that just thrash you - followed usually by triumphalist abuse - so making it an unpleasant experience hence FC3, Arkham City etc that I can get into myself.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

PS3/360 only at moment, and my pc is all tip top now to run it... grr.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Just arrived from Amazon, tho' not released until 17th!

See you all in a few months :lol:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote:Just arrived from Amazon, tho' not released until 17th!

See you all in a few months :lol:
...and in belfast too...kids are beside themselves !!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Is it any good? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

becchio bear wrote:Is it any good? :bear:
Do you fancy Becchio :wink:

The graphics are fecking awesome and the gameplay top class. Having stopped at 02:00, I woke at 07:00 and thought - "time for some GTA V!"

October 1st sees multiplayer go live and I might just have to go into hibernation for 3 months having watched a review show on TV this morning feature it.

It could be the best thing EVER on a console :shock:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Gino 1959 wrote:Do you fancy Becchio :wink:

The graphics are fecking awesome and the gameplay top class. Having stopped at 02:00, I woke at 07:00 and thought - "time for some GTA V!"

October 1st sees multiplayer go live and I might just have to go into hibernation for 3 months having watched a review show on TV this morning feature it.

It could be the best thing EVER on a console :shock:
SO JEALOUS. I was going to try put off buying it until my birthday at the end of next month, but I might just treat myself now and get something else then...

Have you played much of the story, or are you mainly exploring? How does the three lead character system work?
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Leaked gameplay can be found here.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14q4x ... 1137931921

So if you can actually get hold of a hard copy you can just fire it up.
those who downloaded have to wait until midnight tonight.

It looks like any other GTA game :duno:
I'll try it as I always enjoy them.

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Just ordered it. Curse these non-busy mornings at work!
Emsley wrote:It looks like any other GTA game :duno:
The scope is waaaay bigger than any of them before I think... You can buy properties and business, float them on the stock market and invest in other companies! There's a cinema and TV shows you can watch, games on your phone, theme parks you can visit...

I don't think it's the sort of game you're going to get bored of very quickly!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Unfortunately, Amazon have sent me a bum copy as it started freezing last night at the same point so I have had to send it back for a replacement :twisted:

The bums will only reimburse you a certain level of postage, so I had to find one of their locations that would return it for free - probably cost me more in diesel to get there!

And it meant that I had to shave this morning :lol:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote:Unfortunately, Amazon have sent me a bum copy as it started freezing last night at the same point so I have had to send it back for a replacement :twisted:

The bums will only reimburse you a certain level of postage, so I had to find one of their locations that would return it for free - probably cost me more in diesel to get there!

And it meant that I had to shave this morning :lol:
Perhaps you might even join us on VLR :sing: :sing: ...PART TIMER !!! :rant: :rant:

Priorities,my boy.....what goes around comes around.... :wink: :wink:

Wanna borrow Jack's copy ?? :mrgreen:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Ouch gino, that sucks!
I'm thinking about getting it tomorrow.
Be a big chunk out of my little savings though!

Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ronan wrote:Perhaps you might even join us on VLR :sing: :sing: ...PART TIMER !!! :rant: :rant:

Priorities,my boy.....what goes around comes around.... :wink: :wink:

Wanna borrow Jack's copy ?? :mrgreen:
I was taking my nephew out for the day to spoil him for his birthday seeing as his own da wasn't arsed.

Thanks for the offer of the disc, but given the size of the hole in the middle I dread to think what game you've been playing with it!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Emsley wrote:Ouch gino, that sucks!
I'm thinking about getting it tomorrow.
Be a big chunk out of my little savings though!
It did piss me off, Ems, but I had also picked up the new Splinter Cell on Saturday for only £29.99 when shopping with my nephew so I got something in reserve. He is already playing his copy and tells me that it is very good.