What are the plans for MOT in the future

For all your technical help queries. Ideas and suggestions for improvement also welcome.
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

What are the plans for MOT in the future

Post by revieboy »

Personally I am happy with how MOT presents itself and that it remains a simple discussion forum.

I do think it could be taken to a new level at some point in the future though, obviously this depends on costs I suppose. I see a number of new sites concerning Leeds sprouting up but feel that MOT has the advantage of a longterm userbase, with a few new regular posters adding to the mix.

My main problem with the current database is that it is a bit fiddly, adding videos and pictures for instance isn't just done at a click of a button.

I assume that many posters would love to be able to link MOT to their iphone/smartphone and be able to upload pictures or comments with ease. I use my phone to browse MOT and do post using it at times but it can be painstaking.

I'm sure Adam, you know the pros and cons involved. I would be interested to know what possibilities are available based on your knowledge of internet administration.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: What are the plans for MOT in the future

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The software we use for the board is free so thats the main issue to deal with, it means a lot of the mobile functionality is open source 3rd party stuff and that isnt always reliable. Of course you can write your own version of the site as well but that takes time and effort.

I am always looking at new methods to make the site work on mobiles, iphones etc but I havent found one I really like yet, that really works in the way I want it to. I will keep looking though.
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Post by revieboy »

Yeah, I hope you find something suitable.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

I have run a few forums in my time all PHPBB based.

its actually quite a pain to keep on top of things - and message boards are not normally mobile phone friendly.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.