avater and signature

For all your technical help queries. Ideas and suggestions for improvement also welcome.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

avater and signature

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

I'm using a apple mac . can't put a photo on avatar I've tried to shrink and followed instructions but won't work.
tried to also but another photo in signature, but its not showing, just showing details of the photo
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: avater and signature

Post by Twiggster »

Did you wrap the photos URL's in [img]-[/img] tags?
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Not sure if the admin have changed rules on posting direct from your own machine, but it was always the case that you had to post your image to a hosting site, photobucket etc then use the img tags from there.

put your image on photobucket, flicker etc then use that URL to post on here. Only way im afraid.

I have a mac and it's the only way I can do it.

If it's not a personal photo, but an image from the web, then just wrap the url im the img tags, as Twiggs states above.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Armleywhite wrote:Not sure if the admin have changed rules on posting direct from your own machine, but it was always the case that you had to post your image to a hosting site, photobucket etc then use the img tags from there.

put your image on photobucket, flicker etc then use that URL to post on here. Only way im afraid.

I have a mac and it's the only way I can do it.

If it's not a personal photo, but an image from the web, then just wrap the url im the img tags, as Twiggs states above.
Thanks I will try and get my head around it and have a look :-D
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Twiggster wrote:Did you wrap the photos URL's in [img]-[/img] tags?
Not sure what u mean? :-D
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Not sure what u mean? :-D
it's a coding thing

In order to put a photo on, you need to have the url of the photo (where it is hosted) inside [img]-[/img] tags like this:

(img)http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/ ... .gif(/img)

I've put img and /img inside round brackets so they will show up. If you put your own image url in place of mine, then replace the () with [] it should work.

handy tip, use the preview option to see if it's worked

But, looking at what is currently coming up in your signature, it probably is that you're using a photo on your computer, rather than one hosted on a website.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

LUFCRACE wrote: it's a coding thing

In order to put a photo on, you need to have the url of the photo (where it is hosted) inside [img]-[/img] tags like this:

(img)http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/ ... .gif(/img)

I've put img and /img inside round brackets so they will show up. If you put your own image url in place of mine, then replace the () with [] it should work.

handy tip, use the preview option to see if it's worked

But, looking at what is currently coming up in your signature, it probably is that you're using a photo on your computer, rather than one hosted on a website.
Thanks so much, that really makes things more clearer :tup: I'm going to give this a try. i will let u know how i get on.
I've got a photo of my boy at ER in is Leeds coat and he really wants me to apply this photo :-D MOT
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Thanks to all the above which helped me get a picture of my boy on my signature :-D
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:Thanks to all the above which helped me get a picture of my boy on my signature :-D
nice job! :-D :thup:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

LUFCRACE wrote:
nice job! :-D :thup:
Sorry its me Baker again, once again thankyou for all your help :tup: . :wink:
Don't know if it's me or my apple mac I've used photobucket to try and change my avatar but it's still not showing my changes. I'm a bit confused because I think I've done everything correct and also, once I've followed the process, MOT pops up and say my avatar as be changed successful, but my avatar stays the same :duno: also just wondering how u put videos from u tube onto my posts have tried put can only see options for eg Facebook etc, I have accsess to apple I phone, I pad and mac, which ever is easiest :-D
ps signature works fine
Armleywhite

avater and signature

Post by Armleywhite »

Are you related to Tina by any chance?
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Armleywhite wrote:Are you related to Tina by any chance?
That's really helped me :duno:
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

Hmm. Been a while since I had a new avatar. Are these the steps you've taken?

1. You've uploaded it to photobucket
2. Re-sized it (according to the edit avatar screen, it must be a max of 200x200 pixels)
3. Entered the url provided by photobucket into the box on the edit avatar screen (I think you need the second 'off-site' box)
4. Clicked submit

As for YouTube clips:
Use the handy YouTube button along side the other 'editing' tools above the post box. Take the LAST bit of the YouTube url you want to share i.e. remove everything up to the = sign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QifT6JDZ-j8 - put this bit inside the youtube tags which appear, like this:

(youtube)QifT6JDZ-j8(/youtube) - same rule applies to the brackets as I said above

BRING BACK BRADDERS

Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: That's really helped me :duno:
:lol: :lol: Sorry, bit of an old forum joke.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

LUFCRACE wrote:Hmm. Been a while since I had a new avatar. Are these the steps you've taken?

1. You've uploaded it to photobucket
2. Re-sized it (according to the edit avatar screen, it must be a max of 200x200 pixels)
3. Entered the url provided by photobucket into the box on the edit avatar screen (I think you need the second 'off-site' box)
4. Clicked submit

As for YouTube clips:
Use the handy YouTube button along side the other 'editing' tools above the post box. Take the LAST bit of the YouTube url you want to share i.e. remove everything up to the = sign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QifT6JDZ-j8 - put this bit inside the youtube tags which appear, like this:

(youtube)QifT6JDZ-j8(/youtube) - same rule applies to the brackets as I said above

Once again thank you very much for the time you have taken to answer my post. As you can see I'm still very knew to MOT and you have been a very big help, as it is nice to make my posts more personnel.
I think I have tried all the above info on avatar. I will try it again at the weekend as I'm working away and only have the I pad and I phone with me. I will try the YouTube and let you know how I do.
Thanks Steve Baker :wink: :wink:
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Once again thank you very much for the time you have taken to answer my post. As you can see I'm still very knew to MOT and you have been a very big help, as it is nice to make my posts more personnel.
I think I have tried all the above info on avatar. I will try it again at the weekend as I'm working away and only have the I pad and I phone with me. I will try the YouTube and let you know how I do.
Thanks Steve Baker :wink: :wink:
Just to add. I have used the YouTube button, BUT only on the I pad, think I need to use the Mac book for this to work?
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Just to add. I have used the YouTube button, BUT only on the I pad, think I need to use the Mac book for this to work?
I don't think it would matter to be honest, although it may be that the clip won't show up on your iPad. Will try it with mine later.

And you are most welcome, always happy to help.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Just to add. I have used the YouTube button, BUT only on the I pad, think I need to use the Mac book for this to work?
I don't think it would matter to be honest, although it may be that the clip won't show up on your iPad. Will try it with mine later.

And you are most welcome, always happy to help.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

BTW, have you got the Tapatalk app? It isn't free, but it's an excellent way to browse forums on the smaller iOS devices.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

LUFCRACE wrote:BTW, have you got the Tapatalk app? It isn't free, but it's an excellent way to browse forums on the smaller iOS devices.
No . I will get to today.... Thanks LUFCRACE for help.. :wink: