Our LUFC Goals of the Season

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Our LUFC Goals of the Season

Post by YorkshireSquare »

As seasons go it's been a pretty mediocre one, but we have seen some cracking goals from the team. We picked some of our favourite goals from the 2015-2016 season...

Leeds United 1, Fulham 1 (Lewis Cook)
Tuesday, 23rd February 2016

Fulham took the lead against Leeds at Elland Road in February only for a moment of inspiration by Leeds Cook from distance levelled the scores on 38 minutes. Steve Evans said of the strike...
If Lewis Cook's goal was scored in the Premier League then it would get shown for the next five years. I don't think I have seen a better goal scored. I've just seen a stunning goal from a stunning young player.
[nframe=400]https://streamable.com/e/3g55[/nframe]

Huddersfield Town 0, Leeds United 3 (Alex Mowatt)
Saturday, 7th November 2015

Leeds routed Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium in November sticking three past the Terriers. The pick of these came on 53 minutes, Alex Mowatt with a brilliant swerving shot from 30 yards. Steve Evans said...
I couldn't have painted a better picture and it opened up to a special young man who's once again scored a special goal. It was a stunning strike but he does it in training most days.

Leeds United 1, Burnley 1 (Mirco Antenucci)
Saturday, 8th August 2015

Leeds faced Burnley at Elland Road in August, Antenucci's introduction late in the second half changed the game and the Italian gave Leeds the lead via a wonderful long-range effort. Sadly Vokes struck back for Burnley three minutes later and the points were shared.

Leeds United 2, Rotherham 0 (Mustapha Carayol)
Saturday, 9th January 2016

The FA Cup tie in January may have been hyped as the battle between Evans and Redfearn but Mustapha Carayol stole the show. Carayol got on the end of a Charlie Taylor cut-back pass to power the ball home just before the break. Leeds went on to win two nil and knock Rotherham out of the cup.

Leeds United 1, Cardff 0 (Alex Mowatt)
Tuesday, 3rd November 2015

Alex Mowatt scored the only goal of the game with a brilliant long-range strike in the 63rd minute to give Leeds the points against Cardiff at Elland Road in November. It was remarkably the first home success of the season, the victory also gave Steve Evans his first win since replacing Uwe Rosler.

Derby County 1, Leeds United 2 (Chris Wood)
Saturday, 29th August 2015

Chris Wood fired in a superb late winner to give Leeds their first win of the season at Derby in September. The striker drove in from the edge of the box in the 88th minute to win a game that looked set for a draw. Manager Uwe Rosler said...
I always said from day one the goals would come because I see what he puts in, and I'm a big believer in life that what you put in you get out.