We’ll come back next season raring to go

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

We’ll come back next season raring to go

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The summer break like so many more that have gone before sees Leeds United’s players head off on their individual ways without any clear vision of that they face when they return to Thorp Arch for pre-season in July.

The conclusion of the 100% takeover of the club by Andrea Radrizzani, an agreement which ends Massimo Cellino’s three year bond with Leeds certainly ties up one major lose end but there are many more questions that need to be answered before preparation for the new season can begin.

The biggest unanswered question regards the future of Garry Monk. Will he return to take the club on pre-season as head coach? Defender Kyle Bartley said of Monk; “If Garry stays, the club will be in strong hands. If they don’t sign him up they could spell trouble.” Radrizzani needs to act quickly regarding the appointment of his head coach for next season and given the relative over achievement of Leeds United guided by Garry Monk last season the choice is a no-brainer for most fans.

A shadow also hangs over the future of one of the season’s key performers, defender Kyle Bartley. After an incredible yearlong loan spell at Elland Road Bartley has returned to parent club Swansea with question marks over his future. With over 50 appearances to his name he was near ever present and a vocal leader on the pitch. Monk, said the defender had played “best football he’s ever played.”

Swansea manager Paul Clement has indicated that Bartley could play a part in the Swansea team next year but with the season he at Elland Road and the devotion the fans have showed him a return to Leeds must be tempting if the right offer is made and the right man is in charge next season. Play with NetBet https://sport.netbet.co.uk/ & double your winning in the blink of an eye!

Irish winger Stuart Dallas is also extremely keen for Bartley to sign;
This summer is massive for the club. The club have got to build on what we’ve got here, beginning with the management. He’s massive and he’s proved throughout the season how big a player he can be. I think he’s missed one league game throughout the whole season. He’s a huge influence on the group and he’s miles ahead of his age, if that makes sense, he added. Next year it would be great if he could come back here, but I think he can make the step up to the Premier League.
Reflecting on a changeable season for himself Dallas said;
It’s been a bit up and down for me personally. I didn’t start great but I don’t want to use this as an excuse that I was drained as I’m not the only player who returned from a major tournament. Three weeks ago we were eight points clear as well as we just couldn’t get over the line. But we’ve definitely made progress from last season and certainly from the start of this season too. We set ourselves a points target and we’ve reached the target. During the last 20 years or so it’s been an average that gets you into the play-offs. We’ve fallen short but we’ve learnt a lot and we’re still a young group. We’ll come back next season raring to go.