Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Crude »

white.riot wrote: I regularly ask myself why supporters stayed away. However many times I ask myself I can't come up with a sensible answer. Support is unconditional. Staying away damages the club. All around me on the Kop are supporters who stuck with the club when the club needed us. Fans who can't afford to watch - fine. Fans who find the football boring - fine. Fans who put their families first - fine. But martyrs. A total joke and destructive. You wanna worship these guys. So be it but quite frankly it's pathetic and they cost us big time. Thought Bates introduced electronics. Apologies if wrong. He certainly introduced the million pound player to LUFC in the Champs. Within a whisker of promo to the Prem anall. Never once called me a moron. Better manners than some on here.
There seems to be only one martyr white.riot, but if you only care to wallow in self-pity over the facts of the Bates-run era at Leeds United, then so be it. Those who stayed away on principle because of an unprincipled owner/not owner/owner deserve much praise to gut it out and outlast the con-man in-charge.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

white.riot wrote:Ordinary performance. Defending poor down the left. Pelts tons better down the right. First 15 we were shocking. We got better but Kenny saved us 3 times. Arguably motm but that accolade for me goes to Murphy. Everything a signing should be (the antithesis of Diouf). Young, loads of potential, energy, imaginative and will sell for more than he cost. Bowyer, Howson, Murphy - the priceless ability to get ahead of the ball. 10k stay aways returned. Had they stayed we may have had a 2 million pound striker. Sorry to be sanctimonious GW but that's the reality. Staying away costs. Fact.
Clearly learnt nothing from the events of the last few days. If you think any money from ticket sales would have been spent on a £2 million striker then you're delusional. We're talking about a man who would sell a player before shutting down one of his failing projects, a man who doesn't feel he needs to justify spending £120 000 a year on private jets throughout the entirety of his tenure, including the time when the club didn't have a pot to piss in. And that's not even scratching the surface, what other expenses was he claiming that he doesn't feel he has to justify?

You are being sanctimonious. If you're going to come back then don't be a complete p**** about it, we're all getting along for the first time in a long time and you have to throw this crap out there.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Shields53 wrote:
I can only assume, given we play that way in the second half, McDermott wants to be that end of the pitch to be able to get his directions to the players easier and affect tactics.
Taking it a step further and looking at it from a psychological point of view, this would suggest he's assuming our players will spend most of their time in the opposition half, which is a positive way to think. I like it.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

white.riot wrote:
So staying away doesn't damage LUFC? Interesting perspective. Given that Bates recruited GFH, BM and was in charge when we signed every one on the pitch you're gonna need to do better. Remember we still had stewards on turnstiles when Bates moved us into the 21st century. Bates also bought our previous £1 million pound payer. Real support is unconditional - agreed?
Pretty sure if the stay aways hadn't stayed away then bates would have been able to afford to keep playing fast and loose with the finances and wouldn't have been forced into selling. Therefore, we'd still have him, we'd have been looking at selling Byram for a very small amount of money that bates can't resist, we'd not have Murphy, or Smith or Hunt, probably wouldn't even have McDermott and we'd have some other tinpot excuse for a manager like Mark Hughes or Sean O'Driscoll or someone else like that scratting around the bargain bin and getting frustrated.

But Ken would still be flying from Monaco to Leeds in luxury.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

WR, if you can justify the private jet, convincingly enough to get us to agree to your argument, we will concede.

If not, you have to shut the hell up getting sanctimonious about the stay-aways, indefinitely.
LEEDS24
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LEEDS24 »

If you offered me this for the end of the season now;

I'd have that quicker than dog eating a bag of beetroot.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

markolufc wrote:WR, if you can justify the private jet, convincingly enough to get us to agree to your argument, we will concede.

If not, you have to shut the hell up getting sanctimonious about the stay-aways, indefinitely.
Unfortunately for him, thats all he has left to cling onto.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Just to add, I think that WR has a point, to a degree. I have never understood the "stayaway" action taken by some. As much as I disliked Bates I could never impose a self inflicted action by allowing such a slug as Bates keep me from ER.

My personal action against Bates was to not renew my membership whilst he was at the helm. Which has promptly been renewed since his departure. :)
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

A big united crowd, solid team effort, some individual highlights, tense and unpredictable climax - sounds like a great day at ER and much encouragement for the season ahead.
It makes me wonder about the need for tit-for-tat divisive remarks about club administration/management from seasons past.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

LEEDS24 wrote:If you offered me this for the end of the season now;

I'd have that quicker than dog eating a bag of beetroot.
Personally I hope we end the season with more than 3 points. ;-)
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

is it only me who thinks pearce is looking better under egg?
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
your expectations are alarmingly strange chummer!

Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Went to this one with genghers - perfect example of why you shouldnt leave a game till the whistle. Lost my composure (and voice) when that second one went in........

For me - Pelts and Pearce looking like the weak link at the back. Im just glad Lees was playing right CB . Hoping that with a few games in a row pearce will find his feet. Pelts did put some good tackles in - but with no width and noone playing in front of him found his drifting too far upfield and not having the pace to get back. Like someone already mentioned - Ross tracking and playing right back to cover pelts towards the end of the first half was very worrying.

Midfield 3 were good to me today ..... a few dodgy first touches at times and needless long balls.... murphy looking worth every penny we paid for him.

Hunt was a total work horse today - varney for me looked alittle lost at times - but i noticed him and ross were switching up positions a fair bit had bruno in abit of a muddle. Alot of dirty tactics being played by brighton i thought - not sure anyone else picked up on the amount of pushing and blatent "not even going to go for the ball when i jump for a header when its easier to aim at your chest" tactics...... And if calderon managed to make it home to bed last night without falling over clutching his ankle for no reason id be surprised.

Liked the pairing of Poleon and dolph lungren too. Brighton absolutely shat themselves when smith came on - 2 defenders on him at almost all times.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Emsley wrote:is it only me who thinks pearce is looking better under egg?

Yes
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Guildford White wrote:

Yes
That's a little harsh.

Currently he is useless whereas last season he was f**king useless...
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

white.riot wrote:He certainly introduced the million pound player to LUFC in the Champs. Within a whisker of promo to the Prem anall. Never once called me a moron. Better manners than some on here.
That was after he saved us the first time? When he plunged us further into debt meaning we had to go into administration the next season? When of course he saved us again.

Look WR, we are always going to disagree on this, but it's in the past now. So lets agree to disagree and look forward to bright future.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

has to be said I always liked duberry. never did get a long enough run out.

LEEDS24
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LEEDS24 »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
Point well made!
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

LEEDS24 wrote:
Point well made!
3 ;-)
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

No link to goals yet?
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth