Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:16 pm

So much negativity from many who were not even at the game, a game we won, scoring two goals (should have been more), we created more chances last night than we did in the whole of our previous four losing games, enough opportunities to win the game comfortably. Oh for a decent No.9 :roll:
Another plus was the joy of watching Alex Mowatt who was truely outstanding, great to see young kids with ability coming through our academy & making a major impact in the first team. Alex is our best midfielder by a country mile, probably our best player in the squad along with a fit Sam Byram. So there are reasons to be optimistic about our future, hopefully last night's win will kick-start our season again !

Kenny 7
Peltier 7
Pearce 7
Lees 7
Warnock 8 - best game this season, great cross for our opening goal
Austin 6
Green 8 - played in the Austin role with Rudi switched to the right...Green gives us more controlled energy in that position
Tonge 6

Mowatt 9 - what more can i say about this kid....he was all over the pitch, a box to box player who moves the ball quickly & forward with precision with an abundance of vision. An assured, composed performance from someone so young. He reminds me of Gary Speed/Liam Brady, has a sweet left foot which provides our team with excellent crosses at set-pieces.
Young Alex had a hand in both goals but his mazzy quick-footed run which took him pass two players into the Cherries box with his shot being blocked was a joy to see, worth the gate money alone :-D

Hunt 3 - looks a waste of space to me
McCormack 5 -missed another two sitters, only received a rating of five from me because of his goal, generally very poor !

Sub :

Poleon 7 - provided us with more pace & took his goal well

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:39 pm

cheers 64,

so did egg try a 4-4-2 last night or was it the diamond again?
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Emsley wrote:cheers 64,

so did egg try a 4-4-2 last night or was it the diamond again?
Started with a 4-4-2 formation but seem to switch to a diamond during the second half

Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm

1964white wrote:So much negativity from many who were not even at the game, a game we won, scoring two goals (should have been more), we created more chances last night than we did in the whole of our previous four losing games, enough opportunities to win the game comfortably. Oh for a decent No.9 :roll:
Another plus was the joy of watching Alex Mowatt who was truely outstanding, great to see young kids with ability coming through our academy & making a major impact in the first team. Alex is our best midfielder by a country mile, probably our best player in the squad along with a fit Sam Byram. So there are reasons to be optimistic about our future, hopefully last night's win will kick-start our season again !

Kenny 7
Peltier 7
Pearce 7
Lees 7
Warnock 8 - best game this season, great cross for our opening goal
Austin 6
Green 8 - played in the Austin role with Rudi switched to the right...Green gives us more controlled energy in that position
Tonge 6

Mowatt 9 - what more can i say about this kid....he was all over the pitch, a box to box player who moves the ball quickly & forward with precision with an abundance of vision. An assured, composed performance from someone so young. He reminds me of Gary Speed/Liam Brady, has a sweet left foot which provides our team with excellent crosses at set-pieces.
Young Alex had a hand in both goals but his mazzy quick-footed run which took him pass two players into the Cherries box with his shot being blocked was a joy to see, worth the gate money alone :-D

Hunt 3 - looks a waste of space to me
McCormack 5 -missed another two sitters, only received a rating of five me because of his goal, generally very poor !

Sub :

Poleon 7 - provided us with more pace & took his goal well

Apart from a dustbin full of frustration, I took a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game last night! That enjoyment was brought about by the improvement of some of our players. Paul Green was one, he seems to be getting back to being the player he was towards the end of last season, and is getting over his loss of form. Young Alex is a revelation, and as last night was the first time I have seen him in the flesh, he made my night! He has the vision of a far older and more experienced middy, and seemed to be everywhere with the right ball at the end of it. I was pleased to see Rosco score again, but oh dear Ross, it should have been at least two, poor penalty to say the least. Hunt didn't float my boat in the slightest, Poleon should have taken his place much earlier. Tonge had one of the worst games I have seen him play, and Rudi wasn't much better, with the sole exception of his pin-point cross field passes...... why then does he screw up on the short passing so often? Peltier not bad, Warnock better, and Lees and Pearce average. Paddy was.... well... Paddy! He still annoys the hell out of me by not taking the quick decision to throw out to and advancing Leeds player when in the clear, just HAS to boot it as far as he can. Poleon improved the team when he came on. We are still going to have to improve a lot against Derby if we wish to take the points.
My MotM is Green, but only by a whisker from young Mowatt.
:tup:

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm

weasel wrote:In ye olde days of Eddie Gray it was a much bigger advantage due to there only being 1 sub. Last night Bournnemouth were able to take a winger of to accomodate a replacement keeper and as such there shape wasn't hugely affected. Contrast that to Eddie's day where keeper's were highly unlikely to be sent off (no red cards for proffesional fouls) so it was more likely a defender being sent off and if the sub had already been used then it would be a case of a midfielder or attacker trying to play as a defender.

Gary Sprake managed it!

I never understood why Norman Hunter was often used as sub goalie, surely we needed our full defence with a stand-in keeper. I also saw Peter Lorimer go in goal, far more sensible.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Im gonna get my self down for next home game, want to get a look at mowatt.

Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: crudos

Post by Crude » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Really glad young Mowatt seems to be the real deal so far. Get Byram back up to speed, and things can only get better. Still not sold on Austin, but he is the captain, so I will cheer extra for him. But dang, please get some extra work on short passing after practice or something.
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Post by paddy parrott » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

What`s the opinions on Murphy fella`s ,even that he is young too and very new to things at leeds.
I like him and hope he will produce the goods and i am wondering what does he really offer at the moment now along side Mowatt are they maybe to similar or can they both fit in right now?

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Emsley wrote:Im gonna get my self down for next home game, want to get a look at mowatt.

He will make you smile Ems...guaranteed :)

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:33 pm

1964white wrote:

I just watched the highlights, fukc me! He Moves like speed!!!!!
I thought it was BS but its true!!!

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:40 pm

1964white wrote:

I've always liked this kid and have praised him a lot when watching him in the U:18s and Dev.Squad. I love his little outside of the foot flick ons and subtle passing. :tup:
Need to get him tied down before the January window. Think he has a year to go on his current contract?

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Emsley wrote:
I just watched the highlights, fukc me! He Moves like speed!!!!!
I thought it was BS but its true!!!
Riot, another fella & myself all thought the same !

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Twiggster wrote:
I've always liked this kid and have praised him a lot when watching him in the U:18s and Dev.Squad. I love his little outside of the foot flick ons and subtle passing. :tup:
Need to get him tied down before the January window. Think he has a year to go on his current contract?
True we need to look after this one because he is really special, other clubs will come sniffing once they get a wiff. McDermott will want to build a team a around the likes of Byram & Mowatt

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Guildford White wrote:

Gary Sprake managed it!

I never understood why Norman Hunter was often used as sub goalie, surely we needed our full defence with a stand-in keeper. I also saw Peter Lorimer go in goal, far more sensible.

But Norman wasn't a defender :wink:
:sick: :sick:

Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

gessa wrote:

But Norman wasn't a defender :wink:
Sorry, I forgot.

As you were then :wink:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.

eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Our first home win at home since Brighton gave us a welcome 3pts a few of the players returned to a bit of form just when we needed it also a crowd which was higher than i thought it would be.But after all that lets not carried away we still need to improve plus a couple of new faces at least.On to Derby on saturday who have a new manager a recipe for a disaster.
Kenny 6 Had no chance with goal
Peltier 6 Looks like someone who is struggling a bit
Lees 7 Did his chances of a start at Derby no harm
Pearce 7 Came back to form
Warnock 9 Have been on of his critics but was outstanding last night
Green 7 Covered at a lot of ground
Austin 6 Still could improve
Tonge 7 Very workman like
Mowatt 8 A good 1st half but tired as the game went on
Hunt 5 Needs a goal
McCormack 5 Poor but scored at a crucial time

Subs
Poleyn 6 Took his goal well
Byram 4 Still hard to give mark due to lack of match practice

Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 pm

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Our first home win at home since Brighton gave us a welcome 3pts a few of the players returned to a bit of form just when we needed it also a crowd which was higher than i thought it would be.But after all that lets not carried away we still need to improve plus a couple of new faces at least.On to Derby on saturday who have a new manager a recipe for a disaster.
Kenny 6 Had no chance with goal
Peltier 6 Looks like someone who is struggling a bit
Lees 7 Did his chances of a start at Derby no harm
Pearce 7 Came back to form
Warnock 9 Have been on of his critics but was outstanding last night
Green 7 Covered at a lot of ground
Austin 6 Still could improve
Tonge 7 Very workman like
Mowatt 8 A good 1st half but tired as the game went on
Hunt 5 Needs a goal
McCormack 5 Poor but scored at a crucial time

Subs
Poleyn 6 Took his goal well
Byram 4 Still hard to give mark due to lack of match practice

I would suggest 4 is a very generous mark for Samby, since he never come on! :wink: Samby and Diouf warmed up and stripped off to come on, but BMD didn't make the substitution. Poleon was the only sub used.

Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Drs.Dad wrote: I would suggest 4 is a very generous mark for Samby, since he never come on!
Just shows how good he is?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Drs.Dad wrote:

I would suggest 4 is a very generous mark for Samby, since he never come on! :wink: Samby and Diouf warmed up and stripped off to come on, but BMD didn't make the substitution. Poleon was the only sub used.
Even Davide Somma was there on the bench last night. He never played either... :wink:

Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 am

Great to hear that young Mowatt continues to impress. Equally encouraging that some other players showed some better form. Obviously the 3 points was the most important news.
Can we hope for any points v Derby?

Cheers,

CS69

Advertisment