Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A win is essential not only to stop our slippery slide down the table but to boost up the confidence of the players.

Hope BM has the lads fired up for this one after the Wall fiasco !
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by paddy parrott »

yes indeed and we all need abit of a pick up following last two results.
Nothing less than a top performance from this lot is expected and a solid workout , oh and hopefully 3 points no less indeed.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

When i saw the thread title i thought, meeh another cup game. I honestly didn't know Bournemouth was in the championship. :roll:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

After saturday i think McDermott needs to swing the axe we have a squad lets try and use it start with Diouf if Lees is fit bring him back and we could lose nothing by trying Pugh and Norris we are paying their wages so why not try them out.At the moment McDermott is tinkering just like Warnock did.Until we can get a striker in we will struggle as we cannot keep clean sheets.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Bournemouth have conceded 20 goals already this season, so we should at least get back on the scoring sheet.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

If Tom is fit, then lets see him with Wootton. Different combination that, unless I'm mistaken , we have not tried previously.
Sam Byram isn't fit enough yet, so stick with Pelts at right back, give Aidy another run out at LB.

I think EHD has to start now, we just don't get enough of the ball otherwise.
Maybe have two scrappers like Green and Austin, with young Mowatt and Ross the attacking options. Lack of width yes but we just don't have options there anyway. Varney up top with Diouff just behind.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I'd like to see Ross partner someone up front. He's worked hard this season, but he's our best finisher and he's not getting enough chances. If he could feed off knock-downs from Smith I think he could be really effective.

Diouf or Mowatt in behind the two strikers for me. Unless we try Byram and White as wingers I think we need to stick with the shape we have been, as until Millwall our ball retention has been pretty good.

Not sure about changing the defence atm, though I am curious as to why Lees has lost his place to Pearce (who has too many mistakes in his game imo).
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Genghers wrote:I'd like to see Ross partner someone up front. He's worked hard this season, but he's our best finisher and he's not getting enough chances. If he could feed off knock-downs from Smith I think he could be really effective.

Diouf or Mowatt in behind the two strikers for me. Unless we try Byram and White as wingers I think we need to stick with the shape we have been, as until Millwall our ball retention has been pretty good.

Not sure about changing the defence atm, though I am curious as to why Lees has lost his place to Pearce (who has too many mistakes in his game imo).
McCormack's best form as a striker for Leeds was with a hardworking willing runner alongside him in Andy Keogh. Keogh didn't score many but certainly bought the best out of Ross. Noel Hunt is exactly the right sort of player for this job but has struggled for form thus far as a Leeds player. Maybe if he comes good we could have a potent combination up front.

Pearce has been the better of he and Lees so far this season and earned his place alongside Wootton. I do hope Tom comes good though. A Lees/Wootton combination could have quite a future.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
McCormack's best form as a striker for Leeds was with a hardworking willing runner alongside him in Andy Keogh. Keogh didn't score many but certainly bought the best out of Ross. Noel Hunt is exactly the right sort of player for this job but has struggled for form thus far as a Leeds player. Maybe if he comes good we could have a potent combination up front.

Pearce has been the better of he and Lees so far this season and earned his place alongside Wootton. I do hope Tom comes good though. A Lees/Wootton combination could have quite a future.
Stop it! I entirely agree with that post... :shock:

However, my team for Tuesday:
Kenny :roll: (anyone know what is going on with Ashdown)?? :duno:

Peltier or Lees
Pearce
Wootton
White

Green
Murphy

Austin
Mowatt
Diouf

McCormack
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

---------Kenny

Pelts--Woot--Lees--White

-------Green--Tonge

-Murphy--Mowatt--Poleon

---------Ross

Byram needs games, but he was a fish out of water on the right side of midfield and pelts deserves his spot. Warnock is useless - enough said.

I'd like the youngsters to run a muck in front of the two experienced guys in MF.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kenny

Peltier - Wooton - Pearce - White

Austin

Murphy - Tonge - Mowatt

Smith - McCormack

I want Ross playing off the shoulder of the last defender..with Smith a little deeper.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Bournemouth have never beaten Leeds.
The Yorkshire club hold a 100% home league record against the Cherries winning all four fixtures at Elland Road, with 11 goals scored and only two conceded.
They last met in the 2007/08 League One season, but Bournemouth have not prized a point off Leeds, since a 0-0 home draw in September 1988 at this second league level.

We are gonna get trashed! :shock:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Twiggster wrote:MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Bournemouth have never beaten Leeds.
The Yorkshire club hold a 100% home league record against the Cherries winning all four fixtures at Elland Road, with 11 goals scored and only two conceded.
They last met in the 2007/08 League One season, but Bournemouth have not prized a point off Leeds, since a 0-0 home draw in September 1988 at this second league level.

We are gonna get trashed! :shock:
Enough with the Cherry-picked facts! :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I expect a cherry performance by Leeds today. Bournemouth will get pitted, chopped, and baked into a MOT pie.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

ffs.tosh mcyourcack wouldnt suprise me if we lose to these mugs
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yes, three points
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Win is a win. McCormack scores and we seemed to have a shed load of chances.

Austin and Mowatt on the wings? Mowatt seemed to create a lot of chances from the text commentary, so do we keep it the same next match?
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Genghers wrote:Win is a win. McCormack scores and we seemed to have a shed load of chances.

Austin and Mowatt on the wings? Mowatt seemed to create a lot of chances from the text commentary, so do we keep it the same next match?
My take - '64 put so much pressure on Ross that he missed the pen... :evil: But he thought "fekk him" and scored anyway! :tup: :-D
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

David Haigh ‏@haighdavid 10m
Good day and a good result.

It really WASN'T... :evil:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:David Haigh ‏@haighdavid 10m
Good day and a good result.

It really WASN'T... :evil:

So what result did YOU want?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.