Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Bournemouth - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Gino 1959 »

Positive result, but poor performance from what I heard. Egg (correctly?) said post-match that he was only concerned with the former. Is there anyone who would disagree that we need better quality players?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Gino 1959 wrote:Positive result, but poor performance from what I heard. Egg (correctly?) said post-match that he was only concerned with the former. Is there anyone who would disagree that we need better quality players?
A team of losers!!!!
No amount of wage is going to hide that they suck.
I'm telling you right now this bunch of rich jerk offs are sulking and imagining the beating they are going to get when they travel to derby. Not one of them Is getting pissed off and showing it on the pitch.
They only just beat might bogmurf.
They aint going home brimming with confidence, they only won tonight because bogmuff got a player sent off, and WE STILL made it hardwork.
This team is in danger of a large free fall.
I'm surprised they can get on the pitch without without falling flat on their face!
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
My take - '64 put so much pressure on Ross that he missed the pen... :evil: But he thought "fekk him" and scored anyway! :tup: :-D
Apart from his goal McCormack was poor tonight !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Alex Mowatt outstanding tonight :clap: MOTM by a country mile & our best player in the squad right now :-D

Main report tomorrow !
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Apart from his goal McCormack was poor tonight !
I wish we could say that every game, about all our players - "poor, but scored"....??? :roll:
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

My next predictions for the next 5 games.

Derby V leeds. Loss.
Leeds V brum. Loss.
Udderskum v Leeds. Loss.
Leeds V Yeovil. Win.
Charlton V Leeds. Loss.

Take the red pill!

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Emsley wrote:My next predictions for the next 5 games.

Derby V leeds. Loss.
Leeds V brum. Loss.
Udderskum v Leeds. Loss.
Leeds V Yeovil. Win.
Charlton V Leeds. Loss.

Take the red pill!
You think we will beat Yeovil???? :duno: :roll: :roflmao:
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Twiggster wrote:
You think we will beat Yeovil???? :duno: :roll: :roflmao:
There are no Leaders/alphas in the leeds squad the believe !
Its a scam! :|

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gino 1959 wrote:Positive result, but poor performance from what I heard. Egg (correctly?) said post-match that he was only concerned with the former. Is there anyone who would disagree that we need better quality players?
Obviously the result is what counts but it's too simplistic to say that performances don't matter. Sooner or later poor performances catch up on you.

I definitely think we need to strengthen our midfield. Our midfielders are pretty average thought Mowatt looks/sounds promising.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

I'll take the three points.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Very worrying signs , the wheels will come off eventually . How can you just scrape a win vs a 10 man side at home .
We need some quality to this side urgently .
We are just not a threat up front , or midfielders are not creative enough . You pick ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:
Obviously the result is what counts but it's too simplistic to say that performances don't matter. Sooner or later poor performances catch up on you.

I definitely think we need to strengthen our midfield. Our midfielders are pretty average thought Mowatt looks/sounds promising.
Believe me Harry in Mowatt we have one of the best midfielders in the championship, he makes the rest of our squad including the "overated one" look distinctly average !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I read your post at first little old man as you referring to Harry in Mowatt instead of Harry of Oz. I'll take the 3 points from last night, playing against 10 men always seems to f*ck us up but we came through albeit scrappily. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote:
Believe me Harry in Mowatt we have one of the best midfielders in the championship, he makes the rest of our squad including the "overated one" look distinctly average !
I've been impressed by his passing and his speed of thought. From what I've seen he seems to be able to quickly work out where and when to pass.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:
I've been impressed by his passing and his speed of thought. From what I've seen he seems to be able to quickly work out where and when to pass.
He moves the ball forward & quickly with vision & accuracy.......you mention "his speed of thought" Mowatt's style of play has a distinct likeness to the late Gary Speed, he even looks like him......I love the way he passes the ball with the outside of his boot with supreme accuracy just as Gary use to do in Wilko's team, it's an uncanny comparison, watching young Alex is like going back in time :-D
Swell Shark
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Swell Shark »

The result was the only important thing. A Win is a Win...
Im still concerned that 10 games in we have scored only 9 goals... There are only 5 other teams that have failed to hit double figures after 10 games, and yep, you guessed it, They are all near the bottom (4 of them are found in the bottom 5). Our only saving grace is we arent leaking more that 1 a game on average...

Simples, we need better than Hunt, Varney, Smith & dare I say it McCormanck. Between them, I'll be hugely suprised if they score 40 goals... They're our go to strike force and they cant guarantee a goal a game from 4 of them.. It puts a lot of pressure on our non existant wingers and non goal scoring midfield...

Not an advocate of loans, but in the short term for our goalscoring problems they might be the answer... Billy Sharp would have been awesome start, but we missed that boat unfortunately...

'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapeños--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......'
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The result was all important as wins breed confidence and confidence leads to better performances leading to more wins.

Shame there is so much negativity flying around again. Yeah we only beat 10 men but often it is harder to play against 10 men as they go into a much more defensive shape. The squad showed good character to put the missed penalty behind them and also to get the win after conceding the equaliser. If we'd have gone 1-0 up from the penalty it is likely that we'd have gone on to win comfortably as it would have demoralised Bournemouth with the double whammy of being down to 10 and being a goal down.

3 points and 2 goals - both for strikers - let's take the positives and move on.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

weasel wrote: 3 points and 2 goals - both for strikers - let's take the positives and move on.
Good enough for me at this point. :tup:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

weasel wrote:The result was all important as wins breed confidence and confidence leads to better performances leading to more wins.

Shame there is so much negativity flying around again. Yeah we only beat 10 men but often it is harder to play against 10 men as they go into a much more defensive shape. The squad showed good character to put the missed penalty behind them and also to get the win after conceding the equaliser. If we'd have gone 1-0 up from the penalty it is likely that we'd have gone on to win comfortably as it would have demoralised Bournemouth with the double whammy of being down to 10 and being a goal down.

3 points and 2 goals - both for strikers - let's take the positives and move on.
Dont let Eddie Gray hear you say that......he was saying that was utter nonsense to Thom Kirwan during commentary of last nights game.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

In ye olde days of Eddie Gray it was a much bigger advantage due to there only being 1 sub. Last night Bournnemouth were able to take a winger of to accomodate a replacement keeper and as such there shape wasn't hugely affected. Contrast that to Eddie's day where keeper's were highly unlikely to be sent off (no red cards for proffesional fouls) so it was more likely a defender being sent off and if the sub had already been used then it would be a case of a midfielder or attacker trying to play as a defender.