Leeds v Sheff Wed - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Sheff Wed - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

He started Stewart and Kebe...what is he a moron?!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by apollo »

We want 7 we want 7
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

WTF was that
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote:He started Stewart and Kebe...what is he a moron?!
I know I'm speaking from hindsight, but I said exactly the same thing. Two players who have been at the club for a couple of days both in the starting line-up. Bizarre decision.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We can't play 4-4-2...Riot is correct about that, not with these players.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote:We can't play 4-4-2...Riot is correct about that, not with these players.
Can't play 3-4-3 either...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

apollo wrote:For me it was red all day long, Smith knew exactly what he was doing.
It was late, made to look later by the slo-mo replays, but it wasn't dangerous i.e. leading with the elbow. They were also both coming from different angles so there was always going to be a collision, even if Smith had got the ball - if Smith had have got the ball he would have been clattered into.

That said the only sensible decision involving Leeds seems to be Barnes's in deciding to join Burnley instead.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:We can't play
FYP faaip
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote:
I know I'm speaking from hindsight, but I said exactly the same thing. Two players who have been at the club for a couple of days both in the starting line-up. Bizarre decision.

It's a sign of desperation, means we started with 9 players basically. It left the centre vulnerable...very poor
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:We can't play 4-4-2...Riot is correct about that, not with these players.
Trouble is he didn't play 442. He played 5 at the back despite also having wingers meaning we didn't have enough through the centre of the pitch allowing us to get over run. Playing the formation he did in the first half essentially means 4 players trying to cross for 1 player.
MOTDallas
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MOTDallas »

No excuses for a performance like that. Utterly shocking.

McDermott is hugely culpable obviously. I saw the formation before kickoff and was scratching my head. Kebe not fit, Byram not in the side, three at the back, Austin who's been s**t the past month still getting run out there, McCormack playing as a lone striker. Shocking all around.
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by apollo »

faaip wrote:He started Stewart and Kebe...what is he a moron?!
Yes, I think that's quite apparent
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Genghers wrote: Can't play 3-4-3 either...

nope agreed ...4-5-1 looks the best formation with these players which would of course leave us with no where to play the fans favourite
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:
Trouble is he didn't play 442. He played 5 at the back despite also having wingers meaning we didn't have enough through the centre of the pitch allowing us to get over run. Playing the formation he did in the first half essentially means 4 players trying to cross for 1 player.

I got up late so missed the match ..I saw the starting line up and assumed 442 when I saw two wingers...hence my late post.

when I did turn the game on I was expecting us to be winning but we were 4-0 down!!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just abysmal, better off going to watch Sunday league pub football, I bet they can string passes together more than we could.

Kenny - 3 - At fault for Wickham's goal, but not much else he could do about the other goals
Peltier - 2 - Attacked well at times and did a decent job, but nothing too good
Pugh - 0 - Not good enough to be a wing back, did well for his first few games, but time to give Warnock a go again
Zaliukas - -2 - Dreadful, gave the ball away countless times and at fault for at least 2 goals, needs to be dropped
Lees - 3 - One of our better players, why he was subbed is beyond me, maybe should have had a shot at goal in the FH
Pearce - 3 - Great block to prevent the 6th just before they scored, was blocked off for Wickham's goal by their player. Tried hard.
Kebe - 0 - Never in the game, got bullied off the ball by Johnson, should have started on the bench
Mowatt - 3 - Tried hard, but no one else in the midfield wanted to pass the ball forward, we've come to expect him to be our saviour
Stewart - 0 - Did a couple of fancy step overs, but other than that, added nothing else
Austin - 0 - Only shot on goal, but did nothing else except hoof the ball forward. Had a great run towards the end of the FH, but nothing other than that. Needs to be dropped.
Byram - 3 - Tried hard, but didn't have enough time to influence the game. Showed more passion than most. Must start next week.
Ross - 3 -Again tried hard, but no one was helping him out and hoofing the ball at him, when their CBs were over 6 foot was mind boggling
Smith - -10- Why he did what he did was beyond me, foolish and cost us any chance of getting back in the game. We were 2-0 when he came on, so not at fault for the defeat.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

wasn't Lees sent off?

sorry misread the BBC ..twas Smith sent off
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote:wasn't Lees sent off?
No he was replaced by Smith at h/t who was sent off within 90 seconds

PS hope your comment wasn't tongue in cheek
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote:
No he was replaced by Smith at h/t who was sent off within 90 seconds

PS hope your comment wasn't tongue in cheek

not at all..see edited post above
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

apollo wrote:For me it was red all day long, Smith knew exactly what he was doing. I just hope McDermott doesn't use it as an excuse for the hammering we are receiving and put his hands up at his own poor tactics and quite frankly an abysmal set of players with neither desire or talent. We all know whats coming next and that's our traditional slide down the table as seen year after year.
Disagree. Not a red card, yellow yes, red no. I was watching on Sky and every challenge we did was made out to be dirty, cynical etc, Wednesday's was a full blooded Championship challenge :roll: :evil: Games are hard enough without being up against the ref as well :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

[quote="becchio bear"[/quote]I was watching on Sky and every challenge we did was made out to be dirty, cynical etc, Wednesday's was a full blooded Championship challenge :roll: :evil: Games are hard enough without being up against the ref as well :bear:[/quote]
Agree there, especially with Hinchcliffe in the commentary box :roll: They constantly kept fouling McCormack and bringing him down. Though I thought Peltier was lucky in the first minute, could have been off for that tbf.