Wigan v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Re: Wigan v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:
For a start - neither Tonge or Brown deserved a higher rating than Pearce or Byram. 5 at most for them and Pearce and Sam 7's.
Sixes across the back line is utterly laughable, Leon. Only Pearce was worthy of anything over 3. The rest were crap. A big 7 for Pearce.

Just shows how fans at the game have no idea as to pitch action, compared to those watching on tv - even without replays, we get a better view. :tup:
No, it doesn't show that at all.

What it shows is that 10 people watching the same event will have (at least) 10 different opinions of what they saw.

That's all. All views are equally valid, although we all believe that only our own is correct.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Twiggster wrote:
For a start - neither Tonge or Brown deserved a higher rating than Pearce or Byram. 5 at most for them and Pearce and Sam 7's.
:
Don't want to be pedantic but on the MotM thread you said Byram was your MotM followed by Brown. So in that case Brown would get more than Pearce.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Don't want to be pedantic but on the MotM thread you said Byram was your MotM followed by Brown. So in that case Brown would get more than Pearce.
Scratching my head too mate :?

One minute he's slagging Brown off next he is our 2nd best player.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Just watched FLS brief highlights. It looked - as a Wigan pal told me - a poor game. Wtf was Butland doing with his hand in the air claiming for something or other just before Waghorn shot???
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Thought Wigan were no better than us as for Brown yes he does give us bite but he his a liability we can do without he was lucky not to get sent off.Time for him to move on he is still getting paid from pompey so money wise he,s ok.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Guildford White wrote:
No, it doesn't show that at all.

What it shows is that 10 people watching the same event will have (at least) 10 different opinions of what they saw.

That's all. All views are equally valid, although we all believe that only our own is correct.
Well said. Although, to be pedantic, 10 people can have at most 10 different opinions. Unless you are implying one or two people might be schizophrenic, or constantly change their opinion...
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

theleedsmango wrote:
Well said. Although, to be pedantic, 10 people can have at most 10 different opinions. Unless you are implying one or two people might be schizophrenic, or constantly change their opinion...
Which I am.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

One minor thing i noticed during this game is that at one point Warnock had the ball and was moving forward and Hunt bent down to fasten his f**king lace :shock: my son plays in an under 10 junior league team and if that was him doing his lace as the ball was moving towards him i wouldn't of been happy infact he wouldn't of done it but Hunt just carried on. :evil:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Guildford White wrote: Which I am.
Both you and Martyn are in my opinion.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Gino 1959 wrote: Both you and Martyn are in my opinion.
All 4 of us?
Yosserwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Yosserwhite »

becchio bear wrote:
I taped it and watched it in full when I got home :bear:
VHS or Betamax?