Leeds v Forest - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Forest - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by theleedsmango »

Gurj wrote:Sorry Brian, lovely guy but your time has to be up.......we cant trust you with Cellino's millions. Not when you have bought utter garbage so far and appear to be tactically inept.

Thing is who next in the hot seat ? Who is out there and capable of what is turning into probably the hardest job in football, i.e. getting LUFC back into the premiership.
Brian's record with buying players has been pretty good. It's his record for trying to find top class players on frees that is s**t. I suspect most managers would struggle.

4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 diamond...Smith on...Smith not on... to be fair we've tried a variety of tactics and the players can't seem to play. I fully understand the Sky commentator's comments that will be caught out defensively as our wing backs move forward, but the payoff to that risk is meant to be a better attacking chance. Our players can't put an attack together to save their lives. Or to save their careers, more fitting.

The midfield was decent in retaining the ball and putting pressure on in the second half, but there is no evidence of the killer ball. No one to get into the right position and no one to play a killer ball to anyone who can. Not surprising when you have to play Tonge, Brown and Austin all in midfield. They offer the same abilities and have the same liabilities. A bit of grit and determination, experience, a good tackle, good short passing. No pace, no through balls, no shooting accuracy. Other options look dire - though perhaps now we are safe, Dawson and Mowatt should be given a bit more of a chance.

Bring on the summer. Either Brian is given the chance with some money this time or we get another manager/coach. Despite there now being money available, I still think top class coaches will be wary about coming to Leeds with Cellino. I kind of like him, but one only needs to listen to the media portrayal of him to get the bad picture - references to forcing Brian to wear a tracksuit and take a coaching role, his volatility to fire managers, his need to take control of games. Managers will also be wary of the whole embarrassing firing/rehiring of McDermott.
Last edited by theleedsmango on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'd say the next one will be someone we've never heard of.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

CSA wrote: Pearce (just) Smith,Murphy, Byram,McCormack,Mowatt, the rest can do one either too old or not good enough, gonna have a drink now I need it, BTW McDermott no f**ing chance, have a coach who knows what he is doing.....
I agree with CSA these are the only players i would keep, i would agree that maybe we havent seen the best of Wootton just yet and he should be kept on as a squad playerer to let him develop.

Pearce for me is our stand out defender and he has been seriously let down on a number of occassion by Tom Lees,
Smith is an out ball he's an hand full and if he starts or is used as an impact sub he gives you that dimension when you need to go direct when teams do park 10 men behind the ball and invite crosses into the box.
Murphy Murphy is a ball player likes to get it down shame he hardly ever has an out ball so has to go long more often than im sure he would like to.
Byram hasnt quite hit the heights he did last season, dont think he fully recovered from the injury, hopefully he can rest up and get back ready for a solid pre-season and then kick on.
Mowatt chucked in at the deep end, with some inept players around him, looks techincally good on the ball always trys to show for a pass into feet nice left foot experiance gained this season will serve him well him and murphy could become a great partnership in the future,
McCormack Having the goal scoring season of his life, buidling a squad capable of supplying him with better chances could see him repeat this years scoring exploits.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

HarryofOz wrote:Up against a half decent team (unlike the last two matches) and we fall short again.
Yep :( It's part of why I didn't get too carried away after the two wins, since they were against the two worst teams in the league. Still can't believe the formation we played, disappointed as that game was there for the taking, but Florist just exposed why we need some pace in the side. Really can't wait for this season to end. :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I'd say the next one will be someone we've never heard of.
A European manager for me :tup: