Leeds v Accrington Stanley : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Accrington Stanley : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Hock/Cellino needs to play their best team available including the majority of the new signings in an effort to gain a confidence boosting victory :victory: unfortunately our team will probably include Wootton who is a liability as is Hunt, surely there is no place for McDermott's mate in the forthcoming line-ups , somehow we need to get rid of him !
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Re: Leeds v Accrington Stanley : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by hibbi86 »

i dont understand why or how hunt is forcing his way into the team, for sure i reckon in the last 25 games i could have scored atleast one goal for Leeds.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The stats will tell you we have a 100% record against Accrington Stanley.

That was back in 2009 on a cold Tuesday night in the JPT. We won two nil but I dare say the weakened side we put out that night was better than the current squad;

Martin, Crowe, Naylor, Michalik, Prutton, Kilkenny, Hughes, Ephraim, Grella (Vokes 60), Kandol (Gradel 61), Snodgrass (Kisnorbo 77)

Survival in the league is what counts this year, I don't care about the cup. Tuesday should be a chance to play the youngsters and the new signings. Don't want to see the likes of Hunt, Austin or Tonge on the pitch.

Let's see Berardi play, Byram pushed further forward alongside Bianchi (I'm assuming he's back) and the like.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:Hock/Cellino needs to play their best team available including the majority of the new signings in an effort to gain a confidence boosting victory :victory: unfortunately our team will probably include Wootton who is a liability as is Hunt, surely there is no place for McDermott's mate in the forthcoming line-ups , somehow we need to get rid of him !
I am assuming that the team that played at Millwall was, in the mind of our head coach, the best available.

Which is serious cause for concern.

Hunt should not be at the club, never mind in the squad, and Lees should not have been allowed to leave until we had a replacement in.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

Would hope to see a team like this.

Sylvestri
Byram- Wooton -Pearce- Taylor
Bianchi
Murpy Cook
Poleon Dawson
Smith

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:The stats will tell you we have a 100% record against Accrington Stanley.

That was back in 2009 on a cold Tuesday night in the JPT. We won two nil but I dare say the weakened side we put out that night was better than the current squad;

Martin, Crowe, Naylor, Michalik, Prutton, Kilkenny, Hughes, Ephraim, Grella (Vokes 60), Kandol (Gradel 61), Snodgrass (Kisnorbo 77)

Survival in the league is what counts this year, I don't care about the cup. Tuesday should be a chance to play the youngsters and the new signings. Don't want to see the likes of Hunt, Austin or Tonge on the pitch.

Let's see Berardi play, Byram pushed further forward alongside Bianchi (I'm assuming he's back) and the like.
If he plays :

Silvestri

Byram Wootton :( Pearce Berardi

Poleon Bianchi Murphy Tonge Benedicic

Smith

I would say that team is stronger than the above L1 line-up you posted up Shieldsy & I would play Tonge for his passing & experience
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

1964white wrote:
If he plays :

Silvestri

Byram Wootton :( Pearce Berardi

Poleon Bianchi Murphy Tonge Benedicic

Smith

I would say that team is stronger than the above L1 line-up you posted up Shieldsy & I would play Tonge for his passing & experience
I think that might werry well be our strongest line up ATM. Benedicic is ofcourse a dark horse, and we will probably see him play tomorrow. Am unshure about Berardi, ashe looked unfit against Dundee

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
hibbi86
First Team
First Team

Post by hibbi86 »

Guildford White wrote: Hunt should not be at the club, never mind in the squad, and Lees should not have been allowed to leave until we had a replacement in.
Agree hunt should not be at our club,

Lee's on the other hand i dont care to much about, Wottoon is no better and no worse than lee's no matter which on you play they are both a liability
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Think we should play a modified development lineup for this. All players are registered for the first team (I think). Placing Benedicic in the team as an initial game for him.

Silvestri
Berardi - Pearce - Killock - Taylor
---------------Cook------------------
---------Dawson--Mowatt----------
------------Benedicic---------------
-------Smith-----Poleon------------

Only two of those players started against Millwall so it really is a 'B' team but this is more than capable of beating Accrington Stanley. Will the lineup look like this? Not a chance.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

theleedsmango wrote:Think we should play a modified development lineup for this. All players are registered for the first team (I think). Placing Benedicic in the team as an initial game for him.

Silvestri
Berardi - Pearce - Killock - Taylor
---------------Cook------------------
---------Dawson--Mowatt----------
------------Benedicic---------------
-------Smith-----Poleon------------

Only two of those players started against Millwall so it really is a 'B' team but this is more than capable of beating Accrington Stanley. Will the lineup look like this? Not a chance.
I would like this sort of team out too, after the poor performance on Saturday we should be looking at any possible alternatives! Only change I might make is Bianchi for Mowatt, if Alex isn't fully fit yet.

Certainly would like to have a look at Dawson, given his excellent showing for the development squad recently.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

hibbi86 wrote:
Agree hunt should not be at our club,

Lee's on the other hand i dont care to much about, Wottoon is no better and no worse than lee's no matter which on you play they are both a liability
I'm not saying we should have kept Lees long-term, but right now we only have two CBs. Peltier could cover there but has gone, it was madness to let our only other CB go
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
I'm not saying we should have kept Lees long-term, but right now we only have two CBs. Peltier could cover there but has gone, it was madness to let our only other CB go
Bad timing indeed :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote:
Bad timing indeed :tup:
Stupid to let Lees go when we had no cover confirmed
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I disagree and have said it before that buying a replacement before the player is sold is not good business practise. We sign a defender then the Lees deal falls through and we are paying 2 players (and not like teams were queuing up to take Lees). Looks like Lees was at best 3rd choice so nothing lost as he wouldn't have played against Millwall. Yes if the transfer window had shut on the night of the Lees sale then it would have been a poor decision but we still have plenty of time to get a better defender in and now don't have to budget Lees wages into our financial planning.

Hope to see a combination of the new signings and youth tomorrow night.

If picking a theoretical strongest XI based on all players currently available then the only 3 players I'd deffo want in from last years squad would be Byram, Murphy and Smith (also Pearce and Warnock until replacements are bought although happy to have them both in).
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Interesting that i keep seeing benedicic at left wing, I was under the impression he was an advanced attacking mid. :duno:
hibbi86
First Team
First Team

Post by hibbi86 »

weasel wrote:I disagree and have said it before that buying a replacement before the player is sold is not good business practise. We sign a defender then the Lees deal falls through and we are paying 2 players (and not like teams were queuing up to take Lees). Looks like Lees was at best 3rd choice so nothing lost as he wouldn't have played against Millwall. Yes if the transfer window had shut on the night of the Lees sale then it would have been a poor decision but we still have plenty of time to get a better defender in and now don't have to budget Lees wages into our financial planning.
Exactly :tup: :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

I hope fukaday has had the players working on THIS? I just can NOT believe how rubbish that defending was! :shock:

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Or this - and no, the wall players were not offside

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Wooton really IS clueless.... :evil:

eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

We don't have a best team just a set of clueless ones with a greater clueless coach will give this miss and watch Spanish super cup in our local.