Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Need to up our game & cut out the silly errors if we are to get something at Carrow Road

Charlton have won at Norwich....Rotherham, Birmingham & Bournemouth have all taken a point there so why shouldn't we if we apply ourselves ?

Silvestri

Berardi Bullusci Pearce Warnock

Byram Cook Bianchi Mowatt Adryan

Antenucci
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by dezzy »

Like the look of that team Leon, but I want to see what sharp can do for us! He must be like a demon
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:Like the look of that team Leon, but I want to see what sharp can do for us! He must be like a demon
Sharp could start after Doukara's feeble performance at Rotherham

I'd be tempted to flood the midfield which doesn't include Austin of course !
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I'd be interested to know 1964,how many in your starting eleven
Would be definitely or should be automatic starters?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:I'd be interested to know 1964,how many in your starting eleven
Everyone will have different opinions with your question Paddy

For me from the 10 games i've seen :

Silvestri, Bellusci, Warnock, Cook, Bianchi, Mowatt & Antenucci
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Thank you 64 I suppose you could have many diverse answers.
But I am trying to get a hold on what team would be able to win a couple between
now and xmas , seriously or centre backs are still struggling times.This needs sorted now.Wondering might we include Adryan shortly on the automatic/definitely list.?
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
Everyone will have different opinions with your question Paddy

For me from the 10 games i've seen :

Silvestri, Bellusci, Warnock, Cook, Bianchi, Mowatt & Antenucci
ALL our players need a serious kick up the arse after rotherham. :evil: I hope their training ahead of the naarich game has been hell for them and Max has been there to threaten them.

Thylvethtri thinks he is god on twitter - he was just tweety pie between the sticks at the millers and has Big Stu looking down his throat.
Mowatt and Cook have Dawson just itching to take one of their places.
Doukara - WTF is up with him last 3 games? :duno: Just a shadow of how he started the season.

For me Leon, only old man Warnock and Aunty Nooky are deffo starters. At least they showed they wanted to play for the club last Friday. :tup:
But not ONE of our players has to think he will be an automatic choice.

Still not convinced that Adryan is a starter, BTW. Bring him on earlier, yes. He made an impact in his 12 mins at Roverum.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Thank you 64 I suppose you could have many diverse answers.
But I am trying to get a hold on what team would be able to win a couple between
now and xmas , seriously or centre backs are still struggling times.This needs sorted now.Wondering might we include Adryan shortly on the automatic/definitely list.?
Going by the 20 minutes Adryan played v Rotherham, he has the start. My definite seven are from the players i've seen

I like Byram but i think Berardi maybe a better defender although he seems a liability. Have reservations with Pearce whom has plenty of heart but lacks pace. Doukara was average v Sheff Wed & he was woeful v Rotherham. Austin is like a dog with a ball, i would only use him as a sub to bring on in the final 20 minutes if need be.

At least four places up for grabs !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
ALL our players need a serious kick up the arse after rotherham. :evil: I hope their training ahead of the naarich game has been hell for them and Max has been there to threaten them.

Thylvethtri thinks he is god on twitter - he was just tweety pie between the sticks at the millers and has Big Stu looking down his throat.
Doukara - WTF is up with him last 3 games? :duno: Just a shadow of how he started the season.

For me Leon, only old man Warnock and Aunty Nooky are deffo starters. At least they showed they wanted to play for the club last Friday. :tup:

Still not convinced that Adryan is a starter, BTW. Bring him on earlier, yes. He made an impact in his 12 mins at Roverum.
Agree they all need a kick up the backside :tup:

Disagree with you on Silvestri who has generally been outstanding between the sticks !
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yeah to me sounds about right and certainly two of those
Places has to have players that want to and need to hold up the
Bloomin' ball.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

What ever side we put out it will certainly have to perform far better than Friday night most of the players who started should be concerned about their position this will be a tough game against a side who lost on Saturday and will be out to get their season back on track personally I would like to see the midfield stronger and maybe even start with with morison and sharpe and lets revert to some good old English football and see what happens we have nothing to loose.Travelling down Tuesday morning to great Yarmouth for bed&breakfast after the game hope they keep the bar open until we get back.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

paddy parrott wrote:I'd be interested to know 1964,how many in your starting eleven
I'd say our definite starters (if we stick with the current formation) should be:

----------Silvestri------------
RB--Bellusci---CB--Warnock
------------Cook--------------
--Bianchi--------Mowatt-----
------------CAM---------------
---Antenucci-----ST---------

Pearce is the captain, and I think he does a good job in that role, but I wouldn't be opposed to playing Cooper over him, as he seemed quicker and good with his feet in the games I saw him play. Could have two CB's happy to play the ball out of defence with him and Bellusci.

Berardi and Byram are about level really, so it's a toss up between them. I'd rather have Sam starting, but he needs to up his game from the level it has been so far (Which I'm sure he's capable of).

CAM is the position with most competition at the moment I think, with Adryan, Sloth and Mowatt all happy to play there and Dawson making a serious push for first team action. For now I would start Sloth there, with Adryan to come on in the second half, but a few more good performances could see him pushing for a start.

The other striker could be Sharp or Doukara. Although he wasn't great in the last couple of games by all accounts, Doukara still made Antenucci's goal with an excellent pass and he gives us good physicality and pace up front, which I think Sharp is lacking slightly.

I think Austin gets an unfair amount of stick on here. He may not be the cleverest player, but he has good drive and really gave us momentum in the first half vs. Rotherham, and made a big difference off the bench in some of our earlier games. I don't think he should be starting, but from the bench to replace tiring legs he's a much better option than someone like Tonge, who looks like he's got tired legs as soon as he comes on!
Last edited by Genghers on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:ALL our players need a serious kick up the arse after rotherham. :evil: I hope their training ahead of the naarich game has been hell for them and Max has been there to threaten them.

How come you can't use players' real names? Aunty Nookie and Thylvethtri are longer than their actual names! Took me a while to realise who you were referring to by 'Big Stu' too... Is 'Max' Cellino?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: I'd say our definite starters (if we stick with the current formation) should be:

----------Silvestri------------
RB--Bellusci---CB--Warnock
------------Cook--------------
--Bianchi--------Mowatt-----
------------CAM---------------
---Antenucci-----ST---------

Pearce is the captain, and I think he does a good job in that role, but I wouldn't be opposed to playing Cooper over him, as he seemed quicker and good with his feet in the games I saw him play. Could have two CB's happy to play the ball out of defence with him and Bellusci.

Berardi and Byram are about level really, so it's a toss up between them. I'd rather have Sam starting, but he needs to up his game from the level it has been so far (Which I'm sure he's capable of).

CAM is the position with most competition at the moment I think, with Adryan, Sloth and Mowatt all happy to play there and Dawson making a serious push for first team action. For now I would start Sloth there, with Adryan to come on in the second half, but a few more good performances could see him pushing for a start.

The other striker could be Sharp or Doukara. Although he wasn't great in the last couple of games by all accounts, Doukara still made Antenucci's goal with an excellent pass and he gives us good physicality and pace up front, which I think Sharp is lacking slightly.

I think Austin gets an unfair amount of stick on here. He may not be the cleverest player, but he has good drive and really gave us momentum in the first half vs. Rotherham, and made a big difference off the bench in some of our earlier games. I don't think he should be starting, but from the bench to replace tiring legs he's a much better option than someone like Tonge, who looks like he's got tired legs as soon as he comes on!
So Genghers you have the same 7 definite starters as myself :tup:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

------------Silvestri

Byram--Bellusci--Pearce--Warnock

---------Cook-----Austin

Bianchi----Doukara----Mowatt

----------Antennucci
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:So Genghers you have the same 7 definite starters as myself :tup:
Indeed! I think Silvestri, Warnock, Cook and Bianchi have been our most consistent performers so far this season, and the others have all shown that they have what it takes to play at this level. Hopefully we'll have a full 11 by Christmas!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:What ever side we put out it will certainly have to perform far better than Friday night most of the players who started should be concerned about their position this will be a tough game against a side who lost on Saturday and will be out to get their season back on track personally I would like to see the midfield stronger and maybe even start with with morison and sharpe and lets revert to some good old English football and see what happens we have nothing to loose.Travelling down Tuesday morning to great Yarmouth for bed&breakfast after the game hope they keep the bar open until we get back.
Good old British/English football that took us backwards over the last four years :shock:
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

I would like to try a mix up of the formation and try something like this...Not likely to happen though. More of a midfield hexagon that the current diamond

M.Silvestri
S.Byram--G.Bellusci--J.Pearce--C.Taylor
L.Cook----- A.Mowatt
C.Dawson--Adryan--S.Doukara
M.Antenucci
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

MOTliam wrote:I would like to try a mix up of the formation and try something like this...Not likely to happen though. More of a midfield hexagon that the current diamond

M.Silvestri
S.Byram--G.Bellusci--J.Pearce--C.Taylor
L.Cook----- A.Mowatt
C.Dawson--Adryan--S.Doukara
M.Antenucci
Doesn't a hexagon have 6 sides? :P

Would that be Doukara and Dawson as wingers cutting inside? Or just 2 middies further forward (and slightly wider) than the other two? Adryan in the number 10 role?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Genghers wrote: Doesn't a hexagon have 6 sides? :P

Would that be Doukara and Dawson as wingers cutting inside? Or just 2 middies further forward (and slightly wider) than the other two? Adryan in the number 10 role?
It does, but since our tactics involve having fewer attempts on goal than anyone else in the division other than Charlton, maybe we should be playing Antenucci in midfield too to make up the 6. A 4-6-0 formation.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.