Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Genghers »

Guildford White wrote:It does, but since our tactics involve having fewer attempts on goal than anyone else in the division other than Charlton, maybe we should be playing Antenucci in midfield too to make up the 6. A 4-6-0 formation.
Like Barca? I think West Ham also lined up like that at one point earlier in the season!

Midfield of Cook, Austin (CDMs), Bianchi, Mowatt (CMs), Adryan and Dawson (CAMs) would be interesting to see, even though I don't think it would really work in this division!
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

Genghers wrote: Doesn't a hexagon have 6 sides? :P

Would that be Doukara and Dawson as wingers cutting inside? Or just 2 middies further forward (and slightly wider) than the other two? Adryan in the number 10 role?
Yeah that's the one....a pentagon. :oops:

More attacking midfielders taht are slightly wider with Adryan in the number 10 role. That's where 'supposedly' is his best position should be, and as someone with hopefully lots of playmaking talent, that's where I'd like to see him.

It's more of an aspirational formation but it would be nice imo
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
Good old British/English football that took us backwards over the last four years :shock:
well one thing is for sure the new style if there is one is not making us any better.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: well one thing is for sure the new style if there is one is not making us any better.
We are only a dozen games into the season

Players require time to settle into their new surroundings particularly the foreign contingent who have begun a new way of life plying their trade in this country.

Silvestri, Taylor Bellusci, Cooper, Bianchi & Antenucci are all an improvement to the squad compare to the last three season's bunch of no-marks & I reckon quite a few of the other signings will also be much better given time. We're also witnessing the improvement of our academy players knocking on the door for a regular place in the first eleven too !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any streams on this game tonight ?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Any streams on this game tonight ?
I'm not sure, are the FL doing the beamback thing again? I've not seen any promotion of it, but surely this is a prime candidate for that treatment!
hector

Post by hector »

it is published on wiziwig but no links until 1 hour before game...

They have been known to remove them though..
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I can get Radio Leeds here in East Yorkshire as long as i go sit in my car & listen to the commentary. We have a digital radio but of course you can't get Radio Leeds on there. You can't listen RL commentary online due to contractual reasons.

Crazy !!
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
We are only a dozen games into the season

Players require time to settle into their new surroundings particularly the foreign contingent who have begun a new way of life plying their trade in this country.

Silvestri, Taylor Bellusci, Cooper, Bianchi & Antenucci are all an improvement to the squad compare to the last three season's bunch of no-marks & I reckon quite a few of the other signings will also be much better given time. We're also witnessing the improvement of our academy players knocking on the door for a regular place in the first eleven too !
I agree.

If the players are good enough, which I think most of them are, then the new style of play will come together. Unfortunately, the down side is that it does take time and patience. Neither of which most Leeds supporters have.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:We have a digital radio but of course you can't get Radio Leeds on there!
Yes you can - However, I think the the Huddersfield commentary is on DAB.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Yes you can - However, I think the the Huddersfield commentary is on DAB.
You may be able to get Radio Leeds only on DAB if you live around the Leeds area. I believe DAB is regionalised as we have BBC Humberside & Magic (Humberside). I can also tune into Ken's station Radio Yorkshire & Talksport which do sport updates
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Will be good to see Howson again. I think we all thought he'd have gone a bit further in his career than where he is at now, but he never really progressed after leaving us in the way that Snodgrass did, for example. I think Mowatt has the potential to be as good as, if not better, than Howson and I think Cook is almost there already.

But in hindsight, Howson probably done the right thing. He wouldn't have progressed under Warnock or McDermott and who's to say he wouldn't have been pawned off by Cellino to a floundering Championship team? He got a shot at the Premier League and his best hope was to shine enough to get a transfer when Norwich inevitably went back down. That's a better shot than he would have got sticking with us.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote:I can get Radio Leeds here in East Yorkshire as long as i go sit in my car & listen to the commentary. We have a digital radio but of course you can't get Radio Leeds on there. You can't listen RL commentary online due to contractual reasons.

Crazy !!
Totally agree.....the whole radio rights thing is absurd.

Whether I am in the West Midlands or West Yorkshire, I should be allowed to tune into BBC Radio Leeds online commentaries if I wish to. Yet we have this farcical situation that just as the game kicks off they block it ! This is so outdated for this day and age.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:
Totally agree.....the whole radio rights thing is absurd.

Whether I am in the West Midlands or West Yorkshire, I should be allowed to tune into BBC Radio Leeds online commentaries if I wish to. Yet we have this farcical situation that just as the game kicks off they block it ! This is so outdated for this day and age.
All down to Sky i suspect who have ruined the game imo
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

There's a month's free LUTV trial here:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... title/lutv

Might start it for the next home game if you get telly coverage that way!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byram for Warnock & Adryan for Cook

So Austin & Doukara keep their places :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Generally we haven't done well when Cook is not on the pitch
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Byram for Warnock & Adryan for Cook

So Austin & Doukara keep their places :roll:
Don't like Berardi on the Left, and I much prefer Cook being the deeper lying midfielder, Milanic seems to see him as more of an attacking outlet...

Bianchi has been quieter since being moved back into that role - for me it makes more sense to move Cook back and Bianchi forward.

That said, I am excited to see what Adryan can do with a start! And presumably Cook's on the bench to replace Rudi if needs be.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Why drop Warnock again?

If we play a diamond and rely on full backs to give us width, then surely it's obvious (to most people) we need a left footed left back!
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anybody watching or listening to a stream