Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

How do i give ratings when two halves were so different ?

Silvestri - 7
Berardi - 5
Bellusci - 6
Pearce - 5
Warnock - 5
Bianchi 4
Cook - 7
Mowatt - 4
Adryan - 4
Morison - 5
Antenucci - 7

Subs :

Murphy - 0
Sloth
Montenegro

Darko - 1

Referee - 5
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CptCrash wrote:
100% agree. 3 points there for the taking tossed away by negativity. Woeful coach.
Woeful is being kind :lol:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Two players stood out for me, having seen the game on an (albeit stop/start) stream.

Firstly, Warnock - when his fellow defenders were falling apart, HE got the crunch in to save the day, 8 times out of ten :tup: Oldest payer on the team today. My MOTM.

Antenucci - he just never stopped running and trying. The more I see this lad. the more he reminds me of Mick Jones. His workrate and goals....

I was very disappointed with the overall performances from the rest of the players tho. Even in a first ½ where we dominated, nobody seemed to want it, except for the players I mentioned above :duno:

Mowatt hang your head in shame for those three missed sitters! :shock: At least he was trying first ½ tho, with some solid midfield runs.
Cook and Adryan were pretty much invisible all game - tho Adryan's "keepy uppy" trick and flick on in their box was good to see, when surrounded by defenders. I have high hopes for him :tup:

Morison - ace in the first half playing central attack- best I've seen him in our shirt :tup: But like Mowatt, guilty of screwing up a couple of open goals. When he was moved to the right, he was like a fish out of water!

Bellusci was well off his game today - possibly with this racist bollox hanging over his head? Nearly scored the perfect own goal and created Wolves 2nd goal with a miss kick.

We deffo missed Douks and Rodi, especially going forrad.

Watching this game back, there was no excuse possible for losing - Darko's fault 100% - tho some players need to hold their hands up, eh Bellusci and for once Pearce!

Hoping Redders can change things positively, ahead of baadiff - a big ask!
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

A game of two halves without doubt.
first half the players worked hard and the ball was moving forward a lot more than usual. I thought Silvestri pulled of one of the best saves I had seen in a long time when he dived and stretched nearly the full length of the goal to palm a shot around the post but it seems to of gone unnoticed :shock: 8
Belussci was playing well and was very comfortable. 7
Berardi was strong and always seemed to be in the right place. 7
Pearce. was strong and commanding and put a foot in when needed. 7
Warnock. Nevere stopped although I think he could do with some new boots as I thought he slipped a few too many times again, maybe it's just how he try's to turn to sharply. 7
Bianchi. is our battler in midfield this player gets everywhere and has a great pass and also nearly scored with a header. 7
Cook. very promising young man although I don't think today was his best game. 6
Mowatt. very accomplished player at a young age and just wish he could use both feet because he was nailed on to score. 7
Adryan. looks promising and seems to be standing up to the rough and tumble of the championship, still not 100% fit and I still believe we haven't seen the best from him yet. 7
Morrison. looked dangerous and fit, looks like he's lost a bit of timber. Some nice passes and played well with Antenucci. 7
Antenucci. This player gets about he never stopped and scored a great goal and showed how calm he is to do so. He tracks back and hounds the apposing team. 9

SECOND HALF

What was Milanic thinking ????????? :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:A game of two halves without doubt.
first half the players worked hard and the ball was moving forward a lot more than usual. I thought Silvestri pulled of one of the best saves I had seen in a long time when he dived and stretched nearly the full length of the goal to palm a shot around the post but it seems to of gone unnoticed :shock: 8
Belussci was playing well and was very comfortable. 7
Berardi was strong and always seemed to be in the right place. 7
Pearce. was strong and commanding and put a foot in when needed. 7
Warnock. Nevere stopped although I think he could do with some new boots as I thought he slipped a few too many times again, maybe it's just how he try's to turn to sharply. 7
Bianchi. is our battler in midfield this player gets everywhere and has a great pass and also nearly scored with a header. 7
Cook. very promising young man although I don't think today was his best game. 6
Mowatt. very accomplished player at a young age and just wish he could use both feet because he was nailed on to score. 7
Adryan. looks promising and seems to be standing up to the rough and tumble of the championship, still not 100% fit and I still believe we haven't seen the best from him yet. 7
Morrison. looked dangerous and fit, looks like he's lost a bit of timber. Some nice passes and played well with Antenucci. 7
Antenucci. This player gets about he never stopped and scored a great goal and showed how calm he is to do so. He tracks back and hounds the apposing team. 9

SECOND HALF

What was Milanic thinking ????????? :duno:
That's how my player ratings would have looked had it not been for the shambolic 2nd half performance although I would have given Cook more marks

Antenucci is sheer quality :tup:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Having ventured up to Elland Road for the first time this season yesterday, I can only concur with the earlier comments !

First half we came out the traps well, didnt let Wolves settle, won possession quickly and sprayed it around well.
The goal was taken splendidly by Antenucci after good work by Morisson who was playing so well during that first half.
The killer moment was with without doubt the sitter missed by young Mowatt.
He had to score but fluffed it. Go 2 up then and I honestly think its game over as wolves had shown nothing of any real consequence.

2nd half was just a complete and utter disaster. Cannot comprehend what was being said by Darko in the interval team talks as both Rotherham and yesterday, we just seem not to reappear !!
It's like he was so defensively minded he was telling them just to shut up shop and of course we paid for that negativity on both occasions ! You just knew Wolves would score the way we were backing off and once they got the equaliser it was obvious there was only going to be one winner.

Despite the lack of win in 6 and the way Darko set up the team in second half yesterday,we were still shocked when the news broke. Celliono really doesn't mess about and so he now reverts to Redders when he should have done this 6 games ago !!
I called it a circus a while back, and despite some good things he has done, Im sorry to say that's exactly what LUFC is right now under the eccentric Italian.

My final observation about yesterday was how the South stand seem to have become the vocal point of ER these days.
While Revie stand was quiet for much of the game, it was the lads and lasses at the other end who created the atmosphere especially in first 45 mins.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

The observation made in commentary during the FLS highlights was - at 1-1 - we were settling for a draw. Should have been out of site by HT and the defending for their goals was from the Keystone Kops handbook.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.