Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds v Wolves : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by jindy30 »

If all our forwards are fit Darko has some interesting options. In my eyes I am curious to see who he chooses. If I understand Darko right, and as is the case when he doesn’t play Warnock, our obviously most natural left back, he wants a squad/a group of players not just a starting eleven. So giving other players a run at the sake of playing a more obvious choice is IMHO what he is doing.

Now with Doukara suspended for a game who will he play. Will he play the next obvious choice or give someone new a chance to get expand the regular squad. Montenegro has impressed in the u-21’s, but Sharp is the more natural choice. Then Morrison has a chance too if Sharp is injured. If Sharp is injured does he go with the old, or the new?

For me Sharp should play and in fact I would play sharp up with antenucci all the time. I am convinced that if had he been playing for the last 4 or 5 games he would be scoring. Hes the kind of player that has that instinct in front of goal and gives us another goal scoring option outside of the clever through ball. Maybe that's not the “new” leeds way but I hope he gets his chance this weekend.

That said, this is why I think Darko is right to keep the first team open and not too closed to bench players week in and week out. He needs to know who is capable of playing where, and what can they do for us in the future. Also he needs to keep all his squad fit, hungry and ready, because of the long seasons inevitable injuries, suspensions and lose of form.

Darko on Montenegro

"He trained hard and well," said Milanic. "Everything is new to him, it’s important for him that he is with us, trains with us and when I give him a chance, he takes his chance. "He’s different. He’s not like Doukara or Antenucci, he’s different."
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Crude wrote:DeNile is a terrible thing, rubbish player too.
So is Sean Nile as I keep telling Twiggs :bear:
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

looks like this game is a defo stream today, :)
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

Perfect chance to change things with doukaras suspension. Darko says we need to show more attacking intent, so play more attackers then! We do have the options so use them.

A few have suggested the 4-2-3-1, and I have said for a while I think we have the players and squad for that system.

Would bring warnock in at lb, we do look more balanced. Cook and bianchi as the midfield generals.

Sloth to be given another chance in the attacking 3 with adryan and Montenegro. Bit of a risk but see what they can do, wolves won't know much about them so may be the element of surprise that makes the difference. Not as much pressure on the full backs to get forward with this formation.

Antunecci to start up front, work his backside off for 60minutes then sharp or Morrison to replace him.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

teams will be announced soon I hope he plays Montenegro he looks good in the under 21's although I wouldn't be surprised he played Morrison and he scored a brace of goals then he will be played all season and not score again :evil:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jeez Belluchi' distribution is top draw....Morison looks quality (told ya) and if Mowatt could use both feet we'd be comfortable

good performance
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

A bit more direct in the first half, with a mix of short passes and long balls rather than just short passes. 1-0 so far so good. :scarf1: :scarf1: :)
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote:Jeez Belluchi' distribution is top draw....Morison looks quality (told ya) and if Mowatt could use both feet we'd be comfortable

good performance
Glad Morison is impressing when given his chance. Always have the impression he was playing to prove the fans wrong rather than the shirt though...

Our midfield has an average age of 20 today :shock:

Are we playing the diamond again? Sounds as if we've had plenty of possession and that we're a threat on the counter too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

didn't someone post before Darko arrived that he likes to score one then defend it?...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Rats
I hate losing but don't mind quite so much if we played well.
Possession stats from ESPN don't look good enough to support that though.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Oh well, we could be Birmingham fans
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz wrote:
Oh well, we could be Birmingham fans
Silver lining eh Harry? :lol:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Sq.Ball last podcast said darko will be sacked after Wolves - very prophetic I think.
S.Stand calling for Redders at the end...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

the odds of Redders doing what he did before are small....
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Kepler »

faaip wrote:the odds of Redders doing what he did before are small....
The ods of redderd not doing better than Darco are smaller

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Darko is to blame for this defeat, we were very comfortable in the first half and wloves didn't look to be much of a threat then at half time Milanic decided to change things and put Morison, who was having a decent game, out wide right!!!! Why . Don't change things that aren't broken. We fell apart and we got what we deserved in the second half. Not very happy as a similar capitulation occurred against Rotherham. He needs to realise this is the championship and you can't sit on a 1-0 lead for an entire half.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Just listened to Darko's post match spiel. Not surprised he doesn't motivate the players tbh. Too much ummming and aaaaaaring and starting every sentence with "Look". Very monotone. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

becchio bear wrote:Just listened to Darko's post match spiel. Not surprised he doesn't motivate the players tbh. Too much ummming and aaaaaaring and starting every sentence with "Look". Very monotone. :bear:
Maybe his 'ummming and aaaaaaring' was attempt to assimilate with the locals?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

That was very hard to accept. I was saying at half time that it was as good as I have seen us play all season - yes including v Huddersfield, who were pants. But second half....................

I've left many matches in the past with a variation of emotions after defeat, but I've never left one feeling as angry towards my clubs manager as I did today.

He managed to change a performance that was energetic, creative and controlled into one that was flat footed, dis-organised and completely lacking any end product. The most glaring difference was how he changed Morison's role for the second half. First half he was playing centrally, running wide into space, winning headers and holding the ball, probably the best game he has ever had for us. In the second half his position was practically the opposite, positioned wide, more static, but totally ineffective, Antenucci had nobody to work off, and the two Wolves centre halves had no competition for the high balls.

Then the substitutions, Mowatt I'll admit looked knackered, but to bring on Murphy who once again was slow & sluggish with & without the ball, totally ineffective.Then Darko brings on Montenegro with 2 minutes to go which was asking alot of a player who has never played in the championship. Sloth or Tonge should have been the first change NOT the inept Murphy

Sorry, but for me, Darko lost us that game by changing our shape. If you're going to hang onto a winning position you do it with 10 minutes left, you don't start the half like that. We gave Wolves the opportunity to come at us when they should have been worrying about us adding to our lead. To be fair we should have had 2 or 3 goal lead at half-time had Mowatt shown more composure in front of goal. Another smart finish from Antenucci to add to his impressive start at Leeds
Last edited by 1964white on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

1964white wrote:That was very hard to accept. I was saying at half time that it was as good as I have seen us play all season - yes including v Huddersfield, who were pants. But second half....................

I've left many matches in the past with a variation of emotions after defeat, but I've never left one feeling as angry towards my clubs manager as I did today.

He managed to change a performance that was energetic, creative and controlled into one that was flat footed, dis-organised and completely lacking any end product. The most glaring difference was how he changed Morisons role for the second half. First half he was playing centrally, running wide into space, winning headers and holding the ball, probably the best game he has ever had for us. In the second half his position was practically the opposite, positioned wide, more static, but totally ineffective, Antenucci had nobody to work off, and the two Wolves centre halves had no competition for the high balls.

Then the substitutions, Mowatt I'll admit looked knackered, but to bring on Murphy who once again was slow & sluggish with & without the ball.The Darko brings on Montenegro with 2 minutes to go was asking alot of a player who has never played in the championship. Sloth or Tonge should have been the first change NOT the inept Murphy

Sorry, but for me, Darko lost us that game by changing our shape. If you're going to hang onto a winning position you do it with 10 minutes left, you don't start the half like that. We gave Wolves the opportunity to come at us when they should have been worrying about us adding to our lead. To be fair we should have had 2 or 3 goal lead at half-time should Mowatt shown more composure in front of goal. Another smart finish from Antenucci to add to his impressive start at Leeds
100% agree. 3 points there for the taking tossed away by negativity. Woeful coach.