Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Drs.Dad »

Looking forward to some good analysis of the game from some of the returning travellers. I didn't honestly expect to get much from this game, but need to know that the team are coming together more, and that Redders is pulling them together after the last few managerial (coacherial?) disasters. Two important home games now... Forza Leeds!!!
:tup: :tup: :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Drs.Dad wrote:Looking forward to some good analysis of the game from some of the returning travellers. I didn't honestly expect to get much from this game, but need to know that the team are coming together more, and that Redders is pulling them together after the last few managerial (coacherial?) disasters. Two important home games now... Forza Leeds!!!
:tup: :tup: :tup:
Well -from the telly, we looked like a team that is totally bemused and confuddled by the managerial situations this season.
I can't blame anyone but cellino.
Two rays of sunshine today in Alex Mowatt and young Chrissy Dawson.
Hopefully the players will settle now and I look forrad to Tuesday's game.

I don't like to blame the ref usually, but today's was and utter fuktard and went all out to bully our captain and others in the team. :evil:

Pearce will miss Tuesday's game for his 5th yellow card.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Silvestri had a horror show... how many times did he have to come right out of his box to clear the ball
and made real hash of it with Bellusci for their third goal. He should never have been put is those situations
and it just shows the ineptness of our defence giving him cover. Second goal a deflection off Pearce's knee
and the first goal was a cracker that he could do nothing about. Three yellow card for the back four just
point to indisciplined action and Pearce misses the next game. Our defense is a time bomb waiting to explode.
Warnock did more back passes than anything else and seemed frustrated that there was no movement up front
to give him options. Morrison had to good headers go over the bar. Antennuci was anonymous, and Doukara
made the goal for Mowett who took it well. Dawson when he came on was lightweight and pushed off the ball to easily.

The Italian connection does not seem to be working. Rudi and Adryan not even on the bench.
I would not be surprised to see Taylor in on Tuesday.
That is 3 points from a total of 21. I would say that is relegation form.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Been to a few games this season, sometimes we look ok, sometimes we look very poor....not surprising under the circumstances, but have decided we are decidedly average at best, wouldn't it be great to support a team that is expected to get a result... I fear the worst !
markj_87
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by markj_87 »

I was thinking today that I can't actually remember the last time we beat Cardiff. I looked it up and there's a good reason why I can't remember - it was in February 1984 (3 years before I was born). That's 17 attempts ago. Interestingly, when they beat us, it's almost always by just one goal (although not today of course). You can see the history here: http://www.11v11.com/teams/leeds-united ... iff%20City

I've been hoping for some kind of retribution ever since the 2002 FA Cup game but it just never comes.

Surely our number one bogey team right now?
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Poor team selection in my opinion.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Report up later
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Well, I've just watched the highlights on iPlayer, and the defending was diabolical for all three Cardiff goals. Bellusci, as per, was involved in all three. Losing his man for the knock back for the first, backing off to allow the player a clear shot for the second, and the less said about the third the better. Culpability can also be attached to both Pierce and Silvestri for the first and third goals, but we are vulnerable to set pieces, crosses and balls over the top, and the main reason is that Bellusci CAN NOT defend.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I did not see the game so this is my feelings.
I can only agree Kyle that's the case too.
Altough I hate singling out individuals .
Pearce and Warnock aren't near good or indeed compatible enough.
Upfront we have nobody to hold up play.
It's always needed to get the midfield in play.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

Gandalf wrote:Well, I've just watched the highlights on iPlayer, and the defending was diabolical for all three Cardiff goals. Bellusci, as per, was involved in all three. Losing his man for the knock back for the first, backing off to allow the player a clear shot for the second, and the less said about the third the better. Culpability can also be attached to both Pierce and Silvestri for the first and third goals, but we are vulnerable to set pieces, crosses and balls over the top, and the main reason is that Bellusci CAN NOT defend.
Glad I'm not the only person who can see that.

Cooper and who at centre back on Tuesday?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kyle_5351 wrote:Poor team selection in my opinion.
Correct Kyle

To play three strikers in a game where you need to keep things tight was a ridiculous decision !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sometimes i do wonder if devoting so much of my time, money & effort to LUFC is worth it :shock:

First half was a scrappy affair although we didn't look under too much pressure with Silvestri only having to make one save which you'd expect from any keeper to deal with competently. A Bianchi sublime pass threaded out to Warnock who put in a decent cross only for the inept Morison to make a right mess of his header.
Second half both sides went for it as the play opened up with both fans witnessing a football match only for our defenders to turn the game into a circus show

Goal 1....we deal with a set-piece, then the ball his floated back in where two of our players jumped for the same ball, Morison should have won but no it came back across the six-yard line only for Manga to have a free header as Bellusci had lost his man, where Pearce was god only knows ?

Goal 2....Pearce makes an initial mistake i believe, Macheda picks up the ball as Bellusci backs off & backs off allowing the ex-Man U striker to unleash a shot that deflects unluckily off the hapless Pearce. Why didn't Bellusci make a challenge begs the question

Goal 3....Cardiff goalie boots the ball upfield where once again Bellusci is involved as between him & Silvestri they make a right old hash of it, a Calamity Jane moment. After seeing a recording on the telly this morning i do think MS should have stayed in his box as he more or less kicked fresh air in the end as he tried to put his boot through the ball

Three more mistakes added to the other soft goals conceded of late, i'm at pain to say but these type of errors could seriously lead us into a relegation scrap, whether we have the players to cope with that sort of pressure i don't know !

Tbh Cardiff were no great shakes even though the Blues or is it the Reds have an experienced championship squad
Just look at their team & bench : Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Pilkington Le Fondre, Macheda....Subs - Kenwyn-Jones, Ralls, Revel Morrison, Moore, Gabbidon, Connolly, Maynard.
We handed them the three points on a silver plate with our inability to carry out basic defensive duties

Silvestri - Marco's poorest game of thet season (he's allowed one), has been one of our most consistent performers this season 4
Berardi - struggled with Noone running at him but did okay 6

Bellusci - our best player in the first half with some crucial blocks & composed play, 2nd half he gave one of the worst defensive performances i've witnessed, a horror show ! - 2
Pearce - fans favourite who looks like his days are number, definitely not a captain/leader 4
Warnock - probably our most consistent defender of the season 7
Cook - still raw, as usual some of our fans gave the kid some stick, the same folk who laid into young Mowatt last season 6
Bianchi - apart from one sublime pass, a poor contribution generally 5
Mowatt - so pleased to see young Alex showing his early promise in his initial games for Leeds....MOTM by a country mile 9
Doukara - reminds me of Carlton Palmer all legs & hasn't a clue what he is doing at times, then he shows skills that you'd think would be beyond him 5
Antenucci - received no service whatsover, always coming deep to receive the ball 5

Morison - was a sheer waste of space, poor touch & control of a football, two wasted headers on goal, should have won the header which lead to the first goal plus other missed headers in the build-up play 3

Subs :

Dawson - gave us energy & livened up our play 6
Sloth
Byram
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Once again a poor show the bottom 3 is getting ever nearer the midfield is to weak,on the whole redders has a big job on his hands.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
So many options as oppose to last seasons shower !

Actually i nearly fell off my seat when someone said Lees is a better CB than Bellusci :shock:
Thin Bellusci has been at fault for 4 of the last 5 goals we have conceded.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Thin Bellusci has been at fault for 4 of the last 5 goals we have conceded.
At least three
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:Sometimes i do wonder if devoting so much of my time, money & effort to LUFC is worth it :shock:

First half was a scrappy affair although we didn't look under too much pressure with Silvestri only having to make one save which you'd expect from any keeper to deal with competently. A Bianchi sublime pass threaded out to Warnock who put in a decent cross only for the inept Morison to make a right mess of his header.
Second half both sides went for it as the play opened up with both fans witnessing a football match only for our defenders to turn the game into a circus show

Goal 1....we deal with a set-piece, then the ball his floated back in where two of our players jumped for the same ball, Morison should have won but no it came back across the six-yard line only for Manga to have a free header as Bellusci had lost his man, where Pearce was god only knows ?

Goal 2....Pearce makes an initial mistake i believe, Macheda picks up the ball as Bellusci backs off & backs off allowing the ex-Man U striker to unleash a shot that deflects unluckily off the hapless Pearce. Why didn't Bellusci make a challenge begs the question

Goal 3....Cardiff goalie boots the ball upfield where once again Bellusci is involved as between him & Silvestri they make a right old hash of it, a Calamity Jane moment. After seeing a recording on the telly this morning i do think MS should have stayed in his box as he more or less kicked fresh air in the end as he tried to put his boot through the ball

Three more mistakes added to the other soft goals conceded of late, i'm at pain to say but these type of errors could seriously lead us into a relegation scrap, whether we have the players to cope with that sort of pressure i don't know !

Tbh Cardiff were no great shakes even though the Blues or is it the Reds have an experienced championship squad
Just look at their team & bench : Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone, Pilkington Le Fondre, Macheda....Subs - Kenwyn-Jones, Ralls, Revel Morrison, Moore, Gabbidon, Connolly, Maynard.
We handed them the three points on a silver plate with our inability to carry out basic defensive duties

Silvestri - Marco's poorest game of thet season (he's allowed one), has been one of our most consistent performers this season 4
Berardi - struggled with Noone running at him but did okay 6

Bellusci - our best player in the first half with some crucial blocks & composed play, 2nd half he gave one of the worst defensive performances i've witnessed, a horror show ! - 2
Pearce - fans favourite who looks like his days are number, definitely not a captain/leader 4
Warnock - probably our most consistent defender of the season 7
Cook - still raw, as usual some of our fans gave the kid some stick, the same folk who laid into young Mowatt last season 6
Bianchi - apart from one sublime pass, a poor contribution generally 5
Mowatt - so pleased to see young Alex showing his early promise in his initial games for Leeds....MOTM by a country mile 9
Doukara - reminds me of Carlton Palmer all legs & hasn't a clue what he is doing at times, then he shows skills that you'd think would be beyond him 5
Antenucci - received no service whatsover, always coming deep to receive the ball 5

Morison - was a sheer waste of space, poor touch & control of a football, two wasted headers on goal, should have won the header which lead to the first goal plus other missed headers in the build-up play 3

Subs :

Dawson - gave us energy & livened up our play 6
Sloth
Byram
Agree with the money and time now you may realise why we have decided to miss home games and have days out at other games where we get a enjoyable day out doing Crewe and Sheff Utd in the FA Cup next Saturday followed by Halifax v Bradford on the Sunday and both games admission price is less than one game at Elland Road.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Agree with the money and time now you may realise why we have decided to miss home games and have days out at other games where we get a enjoyable day out doing Crewe and Sheff Utd in the FA Cup next Saturday followed by Halifax v Bradford on the Sunday and both games admission price is less than one game at Elland Road.
Fair play, but I couldn't muster up much enthusiasm for watching two teams whom I have no affinity to and don't care about which one wins...would rather pay more and watch the team I supported personally
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

danhirons wrote:
Fair play, but I couldn't muster up much enthusiasm for watching two teams whom I have no affinity to and don't care about which one wins...would rather pay more and watch the team I supported personally
It,s not just the football its the days out and mixing with other fans and sharing there views on the game.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

Good point '64 about Pearce. I didn't see anything from him that looked captain-like.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CardiffWhite wrote:Good point '64 about Pearce. I didn't see anything from him that looked captain-like.
Pearce is all heart with limited skills & no pace, sadly his career is on a downward spiral & if we are not careful we're going down with him. Really hoping Cooper takes his opportunity to seal his place in the first eleven on a permanent basis

Good to see you again yesterday mate