Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Re: Re:

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Cook is getting really hammered by the impatient brigade the very same folk who gave Mowatt the same treatment when he was bedding into our team. I had a right go with four of our members at Cardiff saying he is only young kid, they replied voiciferously "he shouldn't be playing".....so how our these young players suppose to learn their trade if we don't play them i asked "he aint good enough" .....honestly i despair with our fans !
I just hope that their progress isn't hampered by it... And also that they do progress. Aidy White is an example that always crops up, but he was so exciting when we first saw him, but has never done anything since, even when we had no other left-backs!

Mowatt and Byram (when fully fit) will almost certainly be regulars under Redfearn. Cook will be rotated more, but he definitely has the ability to contend with the likes of Austin and Bianchi for that holding midfield role.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by woodfordwhites »

not to bad for me. i had bets on mowatt to score 2 or more goals @ 66/1 £1 on that.i had ant to score the same @ 17/1 and gutted about 25/1 leeds win 2.1 bet i had. in all it helps take the pain away :) mugs game i know
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well in my opinion we were very unlucky last night....Charlton got a point but deserved nothing !
I've been dreaming for years seeing young players blossoming & playing football with style. Some of our attacking play was superb, yes our final ball & crossing was hit & miss but you can see there is alot of talent in our current squad, the likes of Byram, Cooper, Mowatt, Cook, Adryan can only improve as the mature & develope in what is a competitive league.
Unfortunately yet another defensive blunder undid us after we had got our heads in front, this latest one was on a par with the three errors on Saturday as first Cooper skimmed the ball to a Charlton player who was at a tight angle & somehow manage to thread the ball pass Silvestri at the near post. The penalty looked very harsh but was always on the cards as the whistle happy turd of a referee was determined throughout the 90 minutes to make his impact on the game. Prior to that gift to the Addicks, three times he stopped the play when a player was doing a ballerina act on the pitch & we were in an advantageous position, one of those players wasn't even on the pitch. Then the stupid rule where a team is penalised by the offending team who has fouled Antenucci (yellow card as well), Ante is banished to the touchline whilst the play continues for two minutes not allowing him back on the pitch until the Charlton move breaks down, CRAZY RULE !
Lots of free-kicks given for nothing too.....it isn't easy for any team to play v 12 men especially this young outfit playing in the white shirt right now, there heads could have gone down with this clown's actions tbh :rant:
Two superb goals from Mowatt was worth the gate money alone but his overall play was excellent with two or three telling passes.....great celebrations from the players at the kop end too :clap: :shirt:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Did not attend the game so cant really pass a comment on it the only thing to me seems we cant hold on to a goal advantage which is a worry as for the Blackpool game you could imagine they will be thinking that at the moment Leeds are there for the taking because would imagine if Leeds concede heads may drop.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote:
Cook is getting really hammered by the impatient brigade the very same folk who gave Mowatt the same treatment when he was bedding into our team. I had a right go with four of our members at Cardiff saying he is only young kid, they replied voiciferously "he shouldn't be playing".....so how our these young players suppose to learn their trade if we don't play them i asked "he aint good enough" .....honestly i despair with our fans !
Un-fortunately I attended the Cardiff game I to thought that Cook was playing poor think he needs a bit of body building as Mowatt appears to have done until then he will struggle to compete with more experienced midfield players granted he can make a pass but from the games I have seen he does tend to give the ball away easily so I am afrid I may have had to agre with the 4 people you mention.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Un-fortunately I attended the Cardiff game I to thought that Cook was playing poor think he needs a bit of body building as Mowatt appears to have done until then he will struggle to compete with more experienced midfield players granted he can make a pass but from the games I have seen he does tend to give the ball away easily so I am afrid I may have had to agre with the 4 people you mention.
Alex has only played 10 of our league/cup games due to an injury he was carrying during the summer, he had no or little pre-season so he has done well to impressed quickly this term, he has been much more consistent this term, easily our MOTM match at Cardiff & last night too where he ran the show, fully deserves the plaudits from his manager Redfern. Three absolute superb passes to cut open the Addicks defence with two stunning strikes which were worth the gate-money alone, 4 goals from a midfielder already & we are only into November :-D Btw Mowatt is in the four's good books atm as Cook is latest victim to take a battering. Funny how some would rather see a midfield of Murphy, Austin, Brown & Tonge :shock: that is real progression
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

1964white wrote:Btw Mowatt is in the four's good books atm as Cook is latest victim to take a battering. Funny how some would rather see a midfield of Murphy, Austin, Brown & Tonge :shock: that is real progression
Did they say that or is that implied? Maybe Cook should be dropped on form, but our midfield could be Mowatt, Bianchi, Adryan, Austin...or fit Dawson in, perhaps Sloth. Benedicic? Cook out =/= Brown in. I'm still a huge fan of Cook but he'll probably need time to develop. Like Byram and Mowatt before him, he'll probably blow hot and cold, and may fade under the pressure and intensity.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

theleedsmango wrote:
Cook out =/= Brown in. I'm still a huge fan of Cook but he'll probably need time to develop. Like Byram and Mowatt before him, he'll probably blow hot and cold, and may fade under the pressure and intensity.
Oddly enough, under Redders, I think Brown would be exactly the player we need in midfield right now. CRUNCH the opponent, so he is scared. We don't have a hard man in the squad at the moment.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Twiggster wrote:
Oddly enough, under Redders, I think Brown would be exactly the player we need in midfield right now. CRUNCH the opponent, so he is scared. We don't have a hard man in the squad at the moment.
Fully agree with that.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Fully agree with that.
Collins - Hunter - Vinnie - Batty....a player of that ilk...PLEASE?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I really think we are close to making a good run. This season is not over, 4 from 24 is 4 draws in 8, bleak looking at it like that, BUT with a bit of luck confidence grows and we get the bounce of the ball, plenty of teams have made a run on the top 6 out of nowhere after Christmas, so why can't we? I really think sharp and antenucci could cause havoc up top, with dakoura as cover. We have decent dept in the squad to make a run. Positive vibes everyone
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:I really think we are close to making a good run. This season is not over, 4 from 24 is 4 draws in 8, bleak looking at it like that, BUT with a bit of luck confidence grows and we get the bounce of the ball, plenty of teams have made a run on the top 6 out of nowhere after Christmas, so why can't we? I really think sharp and antenucci could cause havoc up top, with dakoura as cover. We have decent dept in the squad to make a run. Positive vibes everyone
Good point Dezzy....And out of the four we lost we have to take in consideration Darko with his naive defensive mentality lost us those games v Rotherham & Wolves when we were in control of both matches, 6 points or even 4 would have made our league position look so much rosier !