Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by 1964white »

Here we go again.....two home games in four days could be one of the defining weeks of our season, we really need four points minimum although two wins would hopefully be a confidence booster for the whole team & our fans

With Pearce suspended at least one change is necessary, Redfern may think more is required

I'd go with :

Silvestri

Byram Bellusci Cooper Warnock

Bianchi Cook Tonge Dawson Mowatt

Antenucci

Subs : Taylor Berardi Wootton Adryan Sloth Doukara Morison
gessa

Re: Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by gessa »

From the last few games reports Bellusci could have been sitting this one out if Pearce wasn't suspended, hope Redders has made this clear to him and we see a better defensive performance from him.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Here we go again.....two home games in four days could be one of the defining weeks of our season, we really need four points minimum although two wins would hopefully be a confidence booster for the whole team & our fans

With Pearce suspended at least one change is necessary, Redfern may think more is required

I'd go with :

Silvestri

Byram Bellusci Cooper Warnock

Bianchi Cook Tonge Dawson Mowatt

Antenucci

Subs : Taylor Berardi Wootton Adryan Sloth Doukara Morison
Just interested in how that midfield would line up - would you have Mowatt and Bianchi out wide? I think we need the players to add width, but I'm not sure any of our central midfielders can really provide what 'proper' wingers would.

Ajose, Doukara and White are probably most suited to those types of roles, but at least two of them aren't good enough!

I think the diamond will persist:

--------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci--Cooper-Warnock
---------------Cook-----------------
------Bianchi-------Mowatt--------
----------Adryan/Sloth-------------
----Antenucci------Morison--------

Hopefully Cooper will put in a good performance and put pressure on Pearce/Bellusci for the second CB place as it seems like they've gotten a bit complacent due to lack of competition...

If Adryan's back from injury then I'd play him behind the strikers as I feel like he's got that flair that's lacking throughout the team. Sharp for Morison if he's fit too.

Hopefully Redders will be pushing them on - we really need a win this week!
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think we need to win both games this week Genghers, just to get us into mid table.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

-------------Silvestri

Byram--Bellusci--Cooper--Warnock

---------Cook----Bianchi

--Adryan--Doukara--Mowatt

----------Antennucci
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Just interested in how that midfield would line up - would you have Mowatt and Bianchi out wide? I think we need the players to add width, but I'm not sure any of our central midfielders can really provide what 'proper' wingers would.

Ajose, Doukara and White are probably most suited to those types of roles, but at least two of them aren't good enough!

I think the diamond will persist:

--------------Silvestri--------------
Byram-Bellusci--Cooper-Warnock
---------------Cook-----------------
------Bianchi-------Mowatt--------
----------Adryan/Sloth-------------
----Antenucci------Morison--------

Hopefully Cooper will put in a good performance and put pressure on Pearce/Bellusci for the second CB place as it seems like they've gotten a bit complacent due to lack of competition...

If Adryan's back from injury then I'd play him behind the strikers as I feel like he's got that flair that's lacking throughout the team. Sharp for Morison if he's fit too.

Hopefully Redders will be pushing them on - we really need a win this week!
The diamond formation is obviously not working with our midfield being swamped game after game therefore i would change it & flood the midfield with Cook & Tonge the holding players, two attacking full backs getting forward as much as possible with the likes of Bianchi, Mowatt & Dawson running from deep into the box to assist Antenucci at every opportunity
The introduction of Tonge is to give us more experience particularly in the engine-room
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:The diamond formation is obviously not working with our midfield being swamped game after game therefore i would change it & flood the midfield with Cook & Tonge the holding players, two attacking full backs getting forward as much as possible with the likes of Bianchi, Mowatt & Dawson running from deep into the box to assist Antenucci at every opportunity
The introduction of Tonge is to give us more experience particularly in the engine-room
Can't argue there, especially on the experience front - we ended with Mowatt, Dawson, Cook and Sloth at the weekend!

So it's more of a narrow star you are thinking? It could work - we definitely need more cover!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:I think we need to win both games this week Genghers, just to get us into mid table.
Ideally! There's a bit of a gap opening up now which we really need to be closing!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY 2m2 minutes ago
NR may rotate his squad. Liam Cooper will replace suspended Jason Pearce v Charlton.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

4-2-3-1

Berardi - Bellusci - Cooper - Warnock
------------Bianchi - Cook ---------------
--Byram--------Adryan -------Mowatt---
---------------Antenucci-------------------

On one hand - it looks too lightweight with so many youngsters in the team. On the other, other than Warnock, what experienced player actually offers more than their young equivalent?

Play this way and we can sub Doukara or Ajose on the wide position/ Sharp or Morrison up front/ Dawson or Sloth in the attacking mid/ Tonge or Austin in the central mid all while maintaining the same formation. Subbing a striker for Byram and we can fold back into a diamond if the game/Cellino dictates.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Thom Kirwin ‏@Thomkirwin 27m27 minutes ago
Adryan has a chance to be involved v Charlton, Sharp more likely to be back v Blackpool.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Byram - Anybody! - Cooper - Warnock
------------Bianchi - Cook ---------------
--Montenegro-------Adryan -------Mowatt---
---------------Antenucci-------------------

We need to find a centre back who can defend to partner Cooper. Del Fabro? Killock? Woottoon :shock: ?

If we want width, and I think we do, I'd like to see a genuine wide player like Montenegro given an opportunity. Failing that, Ajose.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Depends on two things really.

1 - Redfearn's preferres shape/formation Redfearn's shape/formation is hopefully something he is fairly consistent with and as such players from the youth side will be comfortable playing in it and as such more youth/development players in it should be beneficial as they are used to it.

2 - Cellino's preferred shape/formation. If the 2 are compatilbe then we have the chance for it to work as the players that have been bought/loaned are obviously to fit into the shape/formation that Cellino wants us to play. As such it appears Cellino is not a fan of wingers and it certainly looks like Ajose and Sharp were Hockaday buys rather than Cellino's.

Every manager needs 2 or 3 key players around which the whole team ticks. For me we have 1 at the moment in Antenucci who does his job extremely well linking midfield and attack, holding the ball up and also scoring. None of our other strikers fit into that category and given that it appears we are playing narrow then Antenucci is a vital cog. We now need 1 midfielder to be the catalyst, to pull the strings and have the other midfielders playing around him. Who that is I am not sure but with Redfearn putting his trust in his acdemy players hopefully 1 of them can do that role.

What we do need though is stability as Hockaday, Redfearn and Milanic whilst setting teams up with similar formations will all want it played differently. The players need to know what they are expected to do, where they should be running to, what their defensive duties are etc. Fans seem to think a team can change formation seamlessly but they can't no matter how good/intelligent the players are.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
The diamond formation is obviously not working with our midfield being swamped game after game therefore i would change it & flood the midfield with Cook & Tonge the holding players, two attacking full backs getting forward as much as possible with the likes of Bianchi, Mowatt & Dawson running from deep into the box to assist Antenucci at every opportunity
To be honest, I don't think experience is something that we need at the moment. I would rather have spark and exuberance with the youth, especially in the midfield. We have used experience for the past couple of years and it has done nothing. Obviously we need to balance the youth when it comes to confidence, over playing etc, but lets give it a go.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

weasel wrote:What we do need though is stability as Hockaday, Redfearn and Milanic whilst setting teams up with similar formations will all want it played differently. The players need to know what they are expected to do, where they should be running to, what their defensive duties are etc. Fans seem to think a team can change formation seamlessly but they can't no matter how good/intelligent the players are.
I sincerely hope one of the Head Coaches has at least trained with some formations other than Cellino's diamond. But I'm a believer that you train to a style of play, formation is largely irrelevant other than you have 1 or 2 up top, 3 or 4 at the back and the rest in midfield. Are we going to press or hold back. Are we better suited to having the ball played to the attack in the air or on the ground. etc. But then again I have no experience in professional football. My experiences in amateur football dictate that the striker has went off injured, and I get instructed to leave my comfortable right back position to play left midfield in an improvised 4-5-1 to allow our last remaining sub Big Dave into centre back position. I like to think we have the ability to pull that off, and I'd think a professional footballer could work it out without too much problem. Football isn't overly complicated.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Fecking Bellusci. I swear.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Kyle_5351 wrote:Fecking Bellusci. I swear.
Yes, you just did :mrgreen:

Two points dropped
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kyle_5351 wrote:Fecking Bellusci. I swear.

lets' get rid then and go back to the days of the centre back hacking it clear....I take it he was to blame for both the goals?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

What I take from this game (radio coverage only) is that Redders priority is ridding the players' "get a goal and sit back" mentality from Darko days. Yet again, we scored and let them back into the game to equalise, FFS.
Where was the killer instinct? :evil:
Still not seen the penalty incident, but we should have been 3 ahead by then.
Gutted for Mowatt. What more can you do?
Concensus from my MATES AT THE GAME seems to be Warnock was MOTM tho? :duno:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Highlights HERE

Great goals from Alex :tup:

Sylvestri needs a rest as he has been crap lately. Really. That was rubbish keeping for their goal.

Penalty ? hahahaha - um - they fell over each other??? :duno: