Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 54816
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Glad you got your win, Liam :tup:
Saw the first half up to just after Doukara's goal, but unable to see the rest of the game live. Son's best mate has been missing since last night, so we have been sharing shifts with his family to go looking for him....worrying.

The first half was probably the best football we have played for a loooong time! 8-) Cooper's cannonball was superb and that amazing run by Adryan to feed Doukara for his goal was wonderful to see.
Just seen Ante's goal to celebrate his new baby daughter and that was well set up and taken, too.
By all accounts tho, 2nd ½ was a bit "same old"? Sitting back and allowing B'Pool to attack....and it looks like Rodgers was unmarked for his goal, from the highlights.

I'll take the 3 points thank you :-D And more action like our first half today please.

Oh - and that was a great WATCCOE early in the first ½! Nice and slow :tup:

ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by ldsutd » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 pm

first half was brilliant right from the whistle, Adryan was my star man and I thought the dynamics of the team changed when he was replaced with Austin :duno:
To be fair though most teams will bang goals in against Blackpool.

User avatar
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm
Twitter: @foxobilly
Location: Co Durham

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by CptCrash » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:43 pm

First half was superb, we would have waited forever under Darko to see that much energy, intensity and positive play. Thank goodness those shouting for a longer reign were not listened to, Redders P7 W4 D2 L1. Nuff said?

Byram and Warnock excellent and Cooper showing for my money why he's the best centre half at the club.

I haven't seen the goals again yet but the 2nd was a great and true 'team goal', The Dook does have that habit of just passing it into the corner of the net!

Cook was immense.

2nd half tailed off a little but we were organised on the whole and created what looked like a gilt edged chance for The Dook to make it 4.

Blackpool are in 20 kinds of bother.
Last edited by CptCrash on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm
Twitter: @foxobilly
Location: Co Durham

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by CptCrash » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Twiggster wrote:Glad you got your win, Liam :tup:
Saw the first half up to just after Doukara's goal, but unable to see the rest of the game live. Son's best mate has been missing since last night, so we have been sharing shifts with his family to go looking for him....worrying.

The first half was probably the best football we have played for a loooong time! 8-) Cooper's cannonball was superb and that amazing run by Adryan to feed Doukara for his goal was wonderful to see.
Just seen Ante's goal to celebrate his new baby daughter and that was well set up and taken, too.
By all accounts tho, 2nd ½ was a bit "same old"? Sitting back and allowing B'Pool to attack....and it looks like Rodgers was unmarked for his goal, from the highlights.

I'll take the 3 points thank you :-D And more action like our first half today please.

Oh - and that was a great WATCCOE early in the first ½! Nice and slow :tup:

Hope that search pays off real soon, sounds desperate

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:54 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29o3r ... ortunately

Unfortunately the above clip doesn't show the whole move started on the edge of our box by Byram

One of the best team goals of the season :tup: we are scoring some cracking goals :-D

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:46 pm

A first half of sublime attacking football played with high intensity, 3-0 at half-time flattered the Seasiders who looked a very poor outfit. Blackpool had no answer to attacking skills as we powered forward with one move after another, it could easily have been six if we had made more of our opportunities. Every player played his part in the first half as we cracked in three superb goals. Our second goal will probably be one of the best team goals of the season with Byram picking up the ball on the edge of the box, a wonderful weighted pass from the influential Adyran to Doukara & the ball was finely strucked into the net, a fine goal on the break !
Into the 2nd half the game changed into a messy affair especially after Adyran (who had been clobbered a couple of times) was subbed for the less effective Austin, what is it with Rudi he does some good things then spoils it with some horrible play. Tonge came on for the crippled Bianchi & we seem to struggle even more. Another poor goal conceded as we allowed Ranger to score from a free header on goal. To be fair their goal was the only one on target throughout the whole game. Three well deserved points in the end :-D

User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 54816
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:06 pm

CptCrash wrote:

Hope that search pays off real soon, sounds desperate
Thanks CC - the lad has run away from home after a family row. He texted my son this eve, so we know he is ok - but doesn't want to talk to anyone. So sleeping rough last night and probs tonight.
I'll kick his arse when he comes home, as I had a brilliant stream for this game, in perfect synch with LUTV audio -and had to leave it.... :roll: But - kids come first.
So unlike the lad - normally cheerful and a good kid. I'm sure he'll be home tomorrow, with tail twixt his legs...
Why is why I wan't in VLR today...

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13062
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by HarryofOz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Very good first half, average second
We're going up like there is no gravity!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Difficult to give scores as the first half was top notch where as the 2nd half was tepid to say the least

Siilvestri - had nothing to do apart from the goal
Byram - back to his attacking best, defended well too
Cooper - solid defending plus a fine goal to boot
Pearce - the JP we know
Warnock - arguably our best defender this season, got forward well
Cook - outstanding in the first half
Bianchi - improved performance on last four games
Mowatt - tidy, seem to play a deeper role today
Adyran - just what we required, this kid runs at defenders & his movement off the ball is superb, influential throughout the first half as we destroyed the Seasiders. Shame he was subbed after taking a couple of knocks, lost our way once he left the park. Adryan has only played a handful of games, what's he gonna be like once he settles into championship football :-D - MOTM
Antenucci - I love this fella beard or no beard, a talented centre forward with pace who works his socks off & has an eye for goal, much more of a team player than McCormack ever was
Doukara - gives the team strength, lovely finish for a great team goal

Subs :

Austin - WHY when we have Dawson on the bench
Tonge - ditto
Last edited by 1964white on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 pm

A message to Cellino. We started the game today on 17 points, we had scored 17 goals, we were 17th in the Championship & today was our 17th game. So 17 is an unlucky number is it Massimo .

User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 54816
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:37 pm

1964white wrote:Difficult to give scores as the first half was top notch where as the 2nd half was tepid to say the least

Redders now has 10 days international break, to thrash the Darko "sit back when we are winning" mentality we seem to have acquired, out of our squad.
From what I can gather, our fans were expecting us to come out after ½ time and destroy the seagulls. Our players had other ideas, it seems :duno:

We all saw how amazing we can play, in the first half... it's up to Redders now, to instill a "beat them to death over the full game" instinct into the players.

User avatar
faaip
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 24079
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by faaip » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:48 am

Leeds 1-0 Bolton
Birmingham 1-1 Leeds
Bournemouth 1-3 Leeds
Leeds 3-0 Huddersfield
Cardiff 3-1 Leeds
Leeds 2-2 Charlton
Leeds 3-1 Blackpool
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

User avatar
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 54816
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:30 am

Some other footage of today: HERE :-D

eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by eastyorkshirewhite » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:43 am

Just seen the the goals on the rerun of the championship all three looked good but after reading reports it still seems that leeds have problems in maintaing form for a full 90 minutes.Against better teams than Blackpool this would be a problem as lets face it Blackpool seem a very very poor side this season.The next few games will show how far Leeds have or have not progressed this season.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:54 am

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Just seen the the goals on the rerun of the championship all three looked good but after reading reports it still seems that leeds have problems in maintaing form for a full 90 minutes.Against better teams than Blackpool this would be a problem as lets face it Blackpool seem a very very poor side this season.The next few games will show how far Leeds have or have not progressed this season.
Taking the positives at least we are playing some entertaining football & scoring some fantastic goals, also we have youth on our side so hopefully given time & patience our future looks rosier as oppose to the lack of progress over the last two seasons !

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:03 am

faaip wrote:Leeds 1-0 Bolton
Birmingham 1-1 Leeds
Bournemouth 1-3 Leeds
Leeds 3-0 Huddersfield
Cardiff 3-1 Leeds
Leeds 2-2 Charlton
Leeds 3-1 Blackpool
Redfern's stats for the season so far eh :-D

W4 D2 L1 F14 A8 P14

Only game he has lost was at Cardiff catching them on a good run & a place we haven't won in thirty years

Still our negative fans fear the worst :roll:

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18303
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:34 am

As all previous posters have said a game of 2 halves,the difference for me to what others have said is, I don't think we came out in the second half to defend the lead, I think we came out thinking the game was over and we just needed to go through the motions to win it, the slick passing and movement in the first half was replaced by wayward half hearted passes in the second, players trying to do the difficult thing when there was easier options (mainly Doukara), the performance did decline when the subs were made but it was on the way down already.

Siilvestri - 6 had little to do, one nice half volley from a poor back pass, looked a little unconvincing when coming for the ball from long punts from Blackpool, needs to be more assertive with his defenders in those situations
Byram - 8 Defended well when needed,some excellent runs forward, looked comfortable on the ball especially first half
Cooper - 9 MOTM for me, the goal seemed to give him a confidence boost,did what he had to do in the first under little pressure but in the 2nd half when we gave the ball away too cheaply he came into his own, took control of the defence and was always looking for the pass out no hoof, other than one sliced clearance, hardly put a foot wrong, has to keep is place on that performance.
Pearce - 7 Solid, no nonsense defending
Warnock - 8 same comments as Byram
Cook - 7 outstanding in the first half, lost his way a little in the second with his passing
Bianchi - 7 Good game, drifted too much into the middle at times leaving Byram exposed
Mowatt - 6 Hit and miss game for me
Adyran - 8 Very good first half performance, where a lot of the best play seemed to come through him, not as lightweight as people made out, did like the fact on the couple of occasions he lost the ball he was prepared to fight back for it, impressed
Antenucci - 7 Lot of running the line making himself available, which is what you need from a "number 9".
Doukara 7 Big strong fella, who is one of those that when things are going well can look a world beater but when they're not can look like he shouldn't be let anywhere near a football pitch, thankfully we mostly got the former yesterday His goal was one of the best box to box goals we've seen for a long while

Subs :

Austin - 4- poor first touch, poor positioning not sure what role he was supposed to be playing but we looked more vulnerable when he was on
Tonge - Not on long enough to comment[/quote]

Ref 2-Terrible performance, good job it wasn't a difficult game to control, thankfully no side played the rough stuff,half way through the second half summed him up, Doukara was pushed in the back, no foul given, Doukara on the floor, punched the ball in frustration, it went to a Leeds player, ref waved play on, me and the fella next to me just looked at each other in disbelief .His assistants weren't much better, missing blatant pushes and pulling of the shirt.

Finally, my lad had a great day for his first game at ER and can't wait to go again. Sadly he was only able to get his top and socks, as they had sold out of shorts, to which the fella in front of me told the assistant, you were out of them when we came to the Wolves game, which he was told we won't have them in for another 2 weeks yet, in the short time we were in there they lost 3 sales, not good.
Last edited by gessa on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63152
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:02 pm

gessa wrote:As all previous posters have said a game of 2 halves,the difference for me to what others have said is, I don't think we came out in the second half to defend the lead, I think we came out thinking the game was over and we just needed to go through the motions to win it, the slick passing and movement in the first half was replaced by wayward half hearted passes in the second, players trying to do the difficult thing when there was easier options (mainly Doukara), the performance did decline when the subs were made but it was on the way down already.

Siilvestri - 6 had little to do, one nice half volley from a poor back pass, looked a little unconvincing when coming for the ball from long punts from Blackpool, needs to be more assertive with his defenders in those situations
Byram - 8 Defended well when needed,some excellent runs forward, looked comfortable on the ball especially first half
Cooper - 9 MOTM for me, the goal seemed to give him a confidence boost,did what he had to do in the first under little pressure but in the 2nd half when we gave the ball away too cheaply he came into his own, took control of the defence and was always looking for the pass out no hoof, other than one sliced clearance, hardly put a foot wrong, has to keep is place on that performance.
Pearce - 7 Solid, no nonsense defending
Warnock - 8 same comments as Byram
Cook - 7 outstanding in the first half, lost his way a little in the second with his passing
Bianchi - 7 Good game, drifted too much into the middle at times leaving Byram exposed
Mowatt - 6 Hit and miss game for me
Adyran - 8 Very good first half performance, where a lot of the best play seemed to come through him, not as lightweight as people made out, did like the fact on the couple of occasions he lost the ball he was prepared to fight back for it, impressed
Antenucci - 7 Lot of running the line making himself available, which is what you need from a "number 9", His goal was one of the best box to box goals we've seen for a long while
Doukara 7 Big strong fella, who is one of those that when things are going well can look a world beater but when they're not can look like he shouldn't be let anywhere near a football pitch, thankfully we mostly got the former yesterday

Subs :

Austin - 4- poor first touch, poor positioning not sure what role he was supposed to be playing but we looked more vulnerable when he was on
Tonge - Not on long enough to comment

Ref 2-Terrible performance, good job it wasn't a difficult game to control, thankfully no side played the rough stuff,half way through the second half summed him up, Doukara was pushed in the back, no foul given, Doukara on the floor, punched the ball in frustration, it went to a Leeds player, ref waved play on, me and the fella next to me just looked at each other in disbelief .His assistants weren't much better, missing blatant pushes and pulling of the shirt.{/quote]

Finally, my lad had a great day for his first game at ER and can't wait to go again. Sadly he was only able to get his top and socks, as they had sold out of shorts, to which the fella in front of me told the assistant, you were out of them when we came to the Wolves game, which he was told we won't have them in for another 2 weeks yet, in the short time we were in there they lost 3 sales, not good.
Looks like one of my matchday reports mate :lol: :tup:

Now you have seen with your own eyes yet again what Austin is all about :roll:

Forgot to comment in my post how poor the ref was once again, that's two refs in a week wearing their 'We hate Leeds'
T-shirt under their kits. Really fed up of officials who crave for all the attention & spoiling games for our fans. I generally don't bemoan referees but we've had our fair or shall i say unfair share of them at ER this season
How can they get basic decisions so wrong ? their inconsistency drives me mad !
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18303
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Nothing wrong with following the master. :-D
or C&p'ing his format

User avatar
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 pm
Location: Birmingham B68

Re: Leeds v Blackpool : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by MOTliam » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:22 am

Some photos in the subforum

Post Reply