Blackburn v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Blackburn v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

The matchday thread returns after the international break which is quite nice for me as it gives me a breather from the football days out, i fear i'll be on the edge of my seat (stood up of course) at Ewood Park

Bianchi is training & fit apparently so i can see Redfern starting with the same team as with the Blackpool game

Redders has hinted Kalvin Phillips is close to a first team call up which is great news with another young kid making significant progress in the academy ranks. Loving this season as i can now see we have a future with the likes of Byram, Cook, Cooper, Mowatt, Adryan stepping upto the plate & we also have experience with the likes of Pearce, Warnock & my favourite Antenucci to guide the young un's

Tough game on the cards....i would take a point :-D
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Re: Blackburn v Leeds : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by CptCrash »

Would also take a point, just feel it may be a game that would suit Austin. Most interesting selection will be the centre half pairing.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

CptCrash wrote:Would also take a point, just feel it may be a game that would suit Austin. Most interesting selection will be the centre half pairing.
Indeed, with Cooper impressing and Pearce captaining I could see those two starting, though it leaves us with two lefties at the back...

Reckon an unchanged team from Blackpool. Rudy has had most impact from the bench this season and with the impressive starts our 4 midfielders have had (Cook, Mowatt, Bianchi and Adryan, that is) I would like to keep them up as a team.
1964white wrote:Redders has hinted Kalvin Phillips is close to a first team call up which is great news with another young kid making significant progress in the academy ranks.
He's another midfielder though I think? Can't see him making a massive impact this season with the numbers we have in the centre, but certainly seems a talent for the future!

We're getting to a point where we could field a team of academy graduates who all look like great prospects:

Cairns, Byram, Killock, Coker, Taylor, Cook, Mowatt, Philips, Dawson, Stokes, Walters
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Rudy only gets back from international duty on Friday, so I think it's very unlikely that he'll start. Could come off the bench though.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I want us to obviously win this one . Hanley and Duffy are
their centre backs and are not quick. So we need to get
at "em.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Be a good test this, Blackburn are in the kind of position we want to be in. I think we can push on for the win.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Genghers wrote: Indeed, with Cooper impressing and Pearce captaining I could see those two starting, though it leaves us with two lefties at the back...
Don't see why that should be a problem as I'm sure a lot of defences will have 2 right footed centrebacks. As a centreback myself I have always preferred being on the left of centre despite being rightfooted - it is more a case that whatever footed you are doesn't really matter as much as the familiarity you have with being in that position - there is a lot of difference playing right or left of centre as you get used to showing attackers 1 way - for example if you are on the right of centre you wouldn't want the striker going to your left as they would be heading to the centre of the goal so you would be jockeying them more to your right - whereas if you are on the left you would need to jockey them the other way.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote:Don't see why that should be a problem as I'm sure a lot of defences will have 2 right footed centrebacks. As a centreback myself I have always preferred being on the left of centre despite being rightfooted - it is more a case that whatever footed you are doesn't really matter as much as the familiarity you have with being in that position - there is a lot of difference playing right or left of centre as you get used to showing attackers 1 way - for example if you are on the right of centre you wouldn't want the striker going to your left as they would be heading to the centre of the goal so you would be jockeying them more to your right - whereas if you are on the left you would need to jockey them the other way.
I suppose that's true, I never think about the fact that most teams have two right footed centre-backs...

They both do traditionally play on the left hand side, but I'm sure Pearce with his experience/Cooper with his youth (adaptability) could go right. I think a lot of people have wanted to see Bellusci benched after a few mistakes so I wonder if Redders will try the Pearce/Cooper pairing for a while?
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Any sort of performance will be an improvement on the horror show from the corresponding fixture last season where I seem to remember Paddy Kenny was MOTM and we had ONE attempt on goal.
I would like to see an unchanged line up and to get stuck straight into them as against Blackpool. However, it's going to be a tough one so a draw would be welcome
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

Unchanged line-up preferred. We should win this one. It's practically a home game with the amount of away support we've got going!
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

If we win this all depends on Gary Bowyer because he's been picking some weird teams this season according to a bloke that delivers to my work lol. He hates him :-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Any sort of performance will be an improvement on the horror show from the corresponding fixture last season where I seem to remember Paddy Kenny was MOTM and we had ONE attempt on goal.
I would like to see an unchanged line up and to get stuck straight into them as against Blackpool. However, it's going to be a tough one so a draw would be welcome
Yes not a good day conceding a goal just before half-time....just to rub salt in the wounds a Leeds lad scored their goal :(
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Unchanged team from Blackpool today:

----------------Silvestri-----------------
Byram---Pearce----Cooper---Warnock
------------------Cook-------------------
-------Bianchi----------Mowatt---------
-----------------Adryan------------------
------Doukara----------Antenucci------

Sub: Taylor, Berardi, Bellusci, Austin, Tonge, Dawson, Sharp
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Pleased to see Cooper retain his place. Hopefully we can start as brightly as last match!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Genghers wrote:Pleased to see Cooper retain his place. Hopefully we can start as brightly as last match!
Looks a decent side to me. Hopefully these two weeks Redders has had with them will see us push on and cut out those odd second half performances.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Aye indeed. Playing for a full 90 minutes has to have been high on the agenda over the break.

This month is a tough one, so a win here would really help us to push on!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

And off we go...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Sounds as if Blackburn have started well.

Our lack of width still concerns me - teams are still getting a lot of space to attack down the wings.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Genghers wrote:Sounds as if Blackburn have started well.

Our lack of width still concerns me - teams are still getting a lot of space to attack down the wings.
Sound like Byram has licence to get forward though, should provide some width.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Shields53 wrote:Sound like Byram has licence to get forward though, should provide some width.
It's the defensive side that worries me more to be fair. Warnock and Sam are both good at getting forward, but wingers provide a bit of a buffer to slow down attacks. I like the diamond in general though, especially the way we've been able to bring in youth through the spine.