Ipswich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Don't think there will be many contesting our starting line up this week!

I'd like to see us build on the excellent performance from Saturday and not take a step back like we have in previous seasons.

Murphy will probably be key for them - hopefully we can limit chances again.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Ipswich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Brader »

Im guessing Noel Hunt cant start for them. Its a shame that sharpe cant force his way into the team, Im a big fan of his at champs level but cant afford to drop Beard and duke.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Brader wrote:Im guessing Noel Hunt cant start for them. Its a shame that sharpe cant force his way into the team, Im a big fan of his at champs level but cant afford to drop Beard and duke.
One of Redfearns best qualities so far is he appears to have little prejudice in who he plays: if you are good enough you are in the team, if you aren't you are dropped. Already he has showed that applies to youth, the new players, the old players, the captain, everyone. Sharp will get more opportunities; if he doesn't it means Nucci and Douk remain the whole season uninjured, and continue scoring - in which case not many people will or can complain!

I think most agree to start the same team, barring any reasons for resting a player. Consistency is the best asset in this league.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:Don't think there will be many contesting our starting line up this week!

I'd like to see us build on the excellent performance from Saturday and not take a step back like we have in previous seasons.

Murphy will probably be key for them - hopefully we can limit chances again.
Not going to Portman Road as it is far too expensive going to every game especially Ipswich where they are charging the highest prices in the championship, sitting on a coach for much of the journey makes it a long old day so i'll join you lads on the matchday thread this Saturday

I'd take a point :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:
One of Redfearns best qualities so far is he appears to have little prejudice in who he plays: if you are good enough you are in the team, if you aren't you are dropped. Already he has showed that applies to youth, the new players, the old players, the captain, everyone. Sharp will get more opportunities; if he doesn't it means Nucci and Douk remain the whole season uninjured, and continue scoring - in which case not many people will or can complain!

I think most agree to start the same team, barring any reasons for resting a player. Consistency is the best asset in this league.
Great point Mango

All our former championship managers selected players who were their favourites or continually under-performed which as a fan often had me scratching my head with despair !
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

1964white wrote:I'd take a point :-D
Exactly.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Leaving East Yorkshire at 8am breakfast stop on way down then a couple of pints just outside Ipswich expect to be back fairly late cant see it been an easy game this one Ipswich seem to be on a roll at the moment just glad Hunt cant play cos no doubt he would hit the net.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

No doubt Ipswich are a tough nut to crack but if we continue as we have in our last two games then there's no reason why we can't return with all three points. Confidence will be sky high and with an unchanged line up we should give them a real run for their money. I think we'll win it 2-1 :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Redfern reveals in his press conference there are a couple of players carrying injuries & there could be changes for the Ipswich game......didn't say who are injured though
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Redfern reveals in his press conference there are a couple of players carrying injuries & there could be changes for the Ipswich game......didn't say who are injured though
Hope it's just smoke and mirrors, we want to keep as stable a team as possible. No one seemed to pick up anything in the last game wither, so maybe it was a training incident.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:Redfern reveals in his press conference there are a couple of players carrying injuries & there could be changes for the Ipswich game......didn't say who are injured though

Adryan perhaps, overstrained his back muscles with his flip-flop contortions?
:roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:

I sincerely hope not :(
LufcTom
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LufcTom »

Drs.Dad wrote:

Definitely a head in hands moment! Bad challenge but no need for the theatrics.
Never the less lets hope hes fit and ready! 3 points if we do what we did against derby!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Not going to Portman Road as it is far too expensive going to every game especially Ipswich where they are charging the highest prices in the championship, sitting on a coach for much of the journey makes it a long old day so i'll join you lads on the matchday thread this Saturday
You can fill the gap I'll be leaving as I'm out for the day. Will be trying to keep up on my phone, but will be good to read through the commentary on here after
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

There has been a fair amount of speculation that Noel Hunt will be blabbing about training regimes and tactics to Ipswich. As he is still registered to us, are there any rules in his contract preventing this happening, or is it just bloody immoral?
:shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: You can fill the gap I'll be leaving as I'm out for the day. Will be trying to keep up on my phone, but will be good to read through the commentary on here after
Will do Genghers :tup:

I wonder if there'll be a feed available ?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Drs.Dad wrote:There has been a fair amount of speculation that Noel Hunt will be blabbing about training regimes and tactics to Ipswich. As he is still registered to us, are there any rules in his contract preventing this happening, or is it just bloody immoral?
:shock:
Doubt there are any rules against it, I'm sure transfers/loans always chat about their previous/parent clubs.

If we play as well as we did against Derby I don't think there's much they'd be able to do really!
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

1964white wrote:
Will do Genghers :tup:

I wonder if there'll be a feed available ?
there sure will be watch this space
gessa

Post by gessa »

Nice one Woody
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pearce in for Bellusci (thigh strain) is the only change