Leeds v Fulham - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Fulham - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:

Bl**dy hell surely its not that bad. :roflmao:
Admittedly we need to try something different but yes we are in desparate straits if we resort to bringing Murphy back :(
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Back from the game, very disappointed I thought we controlled most of the game and limited them to very few chances.

Some great passing and general play from Leeds just no end result, Doukara couldn't hold up a pint let alone a ball near a defender, we looked much better and more positive with Sharp on the field, he's got to start the next game please :(

I'm sure over the rest of the season we'll play worse and win but we'll be lucky to be Mid-table this year :(
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Dons Legends
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dons Legends »

ldsutd wrote:

Bl**dy hell surely its not that bad. :roflmao:

It was a desperate thought. :lol:
When the ball hits the goal, it's not Shearer or Cole, it's ...... Antenucci.
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

Doukara was woeful today and as a consequence The Ant had to drop deep/drift wide to get the ball. Meant zero real threat. Adryan, hang your head in shame, you bottled that header. No excuse. Bottled it.

Poor game to lose that.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

been told its was as bad or as worse as last weeks performance at Ipswich it must have been bloody awful cant understand why Redfern still wont change his midfield or are they his pets.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:been told its was as bad or as worse as last weeks performance at Ipswich it must have been bloody awful cant understand why Redfern still wont change his midfield or are they his pets.
it wasn't good :(
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
it wasn't good :(
if itt does not alter soon I can see them been dragged into a real relegation scrap they just don't seem to have any fight in them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well neither team deserve to win today. Fulham were there for the taking had we applied ourselves. We started brightly with some slick passing & neat moves in the first 20 minutes then all of a sudden we seem to lose our way as the game developed into a scrappy affair. Mowatt's header on the half hour mark looked destined for the top corner onlyfor the old man in the baggy joggy bottoms pull off a superb save. After that our fans endured for all the hard endeavour poor passing, poor crossing, poor final ball, panicky defending, switching off as we did with the goal as we allowed the Cottagers to ghost into our box & more or less walk the ball into the net with a tap in. Adryan should have scored in the second half with a header but he bottled as he saw baggy trousers flapping towards him. After saying that why did Redfern sub him with the ineffective Chris Dawson god only knows. Sharp on for the inept Doukara gave us more punch upfront without creating too much. From the 20 minute mark i always thought one goal would decide the game so when Fulham scored i sensed we were in for a non-event, sadly i was correct :(

MOTM - COOPER

Silvestri - didn't have anything to do apart from the goal - 6
Byram - Some fans thought Sam had a decent game, i personally thought he was poor, his options & final ball was poor, no chance of acquiring £8m for him, we'd be lucky to get £1.5m now - 5
Cooper - thought the lad was steady - 7
Pearce - is totally lost in a footballing team, he dithered & dothered like a distressed boxer dog at times, "which foot should i kick the ball with" well he only has one, puts our defence under more pressure with his clearances, made one or two good blocks but that's JP for you 4
Warnock - not at his best - 5
Cook - started brightly, gave the ball away far too much - 5
Bianchi - another poor show, defended poorly for the goal - 4
Mowatt - one of our better players - 6
Adryan - some lovely silky skills that led to nothing, bottled a header for a certain goal - 5
Doukara - turns up for ten minutes, deserved his early bath - 4
Antenucci - played upfront on his own for much of the game, lots of running & closing down, unfortunately The Ant didn't get a sniff - 6

Dawson - looked like a fish out of water - 5
Sharp - gave us more energy although things didn't quite go right for Billy - 7
gessa

Post by gessa »

After the first 10 minutes I honestly thought it was going to be our day, we were playing well without creating chances but thought they would come.Then the familar started to happen too much flamboyancy, too many stray passes, Fulham began to get into the game.Both ends of the ground were in fine voice for the first 15 minutes but that started to wain along with the play.
Again Doukara was totally ineffective he gave nothing, I couldn't believe it when he came out for the second half, when he was eventually replaced by Sharp, the team did pick up slightly, Sharp showed more in 5 minutes than Doukara did in the last 2 and a half hours he's played. Adryan had the worst game Ive seen him have, not only did he bottle the header but also a couple of midfield challenges, no surprise to see him go off. Antenucci also had the worst game I've witnessed him have, slme of it probably down to having to try and do the work of 2 strikers for the first hour, but mainly he couldn't hold the ball and his touches just didn't come off. Also Bianchi was poor especially in the firsy half.
The rest of the team didn't play badly but did nothing to excite or anything other than the call of duty.
Myself and the fella next to me were saying at half time this is looking like a first goal the winner type of game, we were just hoping it was going to be us.
Two very evenly matched teams that play similar styles but I thought the main difference was their back 4 were better drilled than ours, they did really only limit us to mainly half chances.
A poor result.
An experienced quality midfielder is a must, these lads aren't bad players but they are too inexperienced they only have a plan A
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Not having a go at anyone but we all think we know best lol.
We had been crying out for a young team and I have lost count the amount of times I had read on here that we should just let the kids have a go because hey, " they can't do any worse". Now we have a young team we are wanting some older heads with experience lol isn't that what we have just got rid of? :shock:
Also for weeks certain people was slagging off Bellusci saying he shouldn't be in the squad let alone the team because he's a liability and now people are wanting him back because he's better than Pearce. Ha ha

Just glad we aren't running the team :roflmao: us fans are great aren't we?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

ldsutd wrote:Not having a go at anyone but we all think we know best lol.
We had been crying out for a young team and I have lost count the amount of times I had read on here that we should just let the kids have a go because hey, " they can't do any worse". Now we have a young team we are wanting some older heads with experience lol isn't that what we have just got rid of? :shock:
Also for weeks certain people was slagging off Bellusci saying he shouldn't be in the squad let alone the team because he's a liability and now people are wanting him back because he's better than Pearce. Ha ha

Bellusci is better than Pearce imo !

Pearce has been a liability for a long time & now looks like a fish out of water in a footballing side

We do need three older/bigger players in the team but not the ones in the current squad who are all distinctly average
gessa

Post by gessa »

ldsutd wrote:Not having a go at anyone but we all think we know best lol.

But if it wasnt for people giving their opinions these places wouldn't exist.
The examples you give, not everyone said play the youngdtets, Bellusci has the members divided, if we all thought the same I'd agree with you but differing opinions is what it's all about, surely.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Bellusci may or may not be better than Pearce, but both of them are of the standard you would expect of a team lying 19th in the second division. If we are aiming for promotion next season they both need replacing
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Martyn wrote:Bellusci may or may not be better than Pearce, but both of them are of the standard you would expect of a team lying 19th in the second division. If we are aiming for promotion next season they both need replacing
I still believe Bellusci will adapt to championship football

Pearce's days are numbered as he is heading to League One
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
I still believe Bellusci will adapt to championship football
Seriously? :shock:

I can't believe you're the man who has seen the likes of Big Jack, Norman, Madeley, Cherry, McQueen, Fairclough, McClelland, Whyte, Radebe, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Matteo...... Even Kisnorbo and Bruce.

Bellusci is a latter day Roy Ellam.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Martyn wrote:Bellusci may or may not be better than Pearce, but both of them are of the standard you would expect of a team lying 19th in the second division. If we are aiming for promotion next season they both need replacing
Nearly half way through the season and I think we should give it that amount of time before giving judgement.
To be in with a chance next season,on what I've seen so far, my opinion is we will need 6 new players to get into the top 2.

New Keeper - No confidence in Silvestri at all - there would have to be a big improvement in the remaining games for him to be number 1 next season.
New CB - Pearce will be gone I think and even if Bellusci does become the required standard, we will still need another one
New LB - Warnock as had a great season but he may be just past it next season.
New Midfielders x 2 - Bianchi just doesn't do it for me. Cook and Mowatt are doing well but at their age it's going to be difficult to keep it going for a whole season, they need some quality next to them.
New Striker - Doukara just isn't good enough - someone to complement Antenucci and share the load, I like Sharp but he's never been a consistant performer.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Martyn wrote:
Seriously? :shock:

I can't believe you're the man who has seen the likes of Big Jack, Norman, Madeley, Cherry, McQueen, Fairclough, McClelland, Whyte, Radebe, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Matteo...... Even Kisnorbo and Bruce.

Bellusci is a latter day Roy Ellam.
Well yes I've seen all those players who apart from Kisnorbo & Bruce were playing at a higher level. I haven't made any comparisons just said I think Bellusci may come good in this league
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Nearly half way through the season and I think we should give it that amount of time before giving judgement.
To be in with a chance next season,on what I've seen so far, my opinion is we will need 6 new players to get into the top 2.

New Keeper - No confidence in Silvestri at all - there would have to be a big improvement in the remaining games for him to be number 1 next season.
New CB - Pearce will be gone I think and even if Bellusci does become the required standard, we will still need another one
New LB - Warnock as had a great season but he may be just past it next season.
New Midfielders x 2 - Bianchi just doesn't do it for me. Cook and Mowatt are doing well but at their age it's going to be difficult to keep it going for a whole season, they need some quality next to them.
New Striker - Doukara just isn't good enough - someone to complement Antenucci and share the load, I like Sharp but he's never been a consistant performer.
Spot on mate, we definitely need three now & yes it could be around six if we wish to progress to the play-offs next season
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Well yes I've seen all those players who apart from Kisnorbo & Bruce were playing at a higher level. I haven't made any comparisons just said I think Bellusci may come good in this league
OK, he may, in time, prove that he is a second division defender.

Not what we need.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

It was the Birmingham game that made his limitations glaringly obvious - the header from the edge of his own area that so nearly went into the top corner and his lackadaisical defending that led to their goal - no decent defender would turn his back on play as he did.

Ellam lives

Everybody can have a bad game, but the good players never forget the basics - when the opposition are attacking your area you do NOT turn your back on the man in possession and go for a stroll.