Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

A really tough game on the horizon for us Leeds fans, could be a long night. Hopefully be back home by 10pm feeling in a happy mood :-D Redfern in his interviews said he is intending to make changes so we'll see what his intentions are come Saturday evening
Hopefully Bellusci & Warnock are fit & Redders floods the midfield playing Antenucci upfront on his own as The Ant did v Fulham :wink: :lol:

Silvestri

Byram Bellusci Cooper Warnock

Sloth Tonge Bianchi Mowatt Adryan OR Montenegro

Antenucci

Subs : Taylor Berardi Pearce Austin Cook Sharp Montenegro OR Adryan
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Crude »

Leon, Tonge to start? No thanks.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crude wrote:Leon, Tonge to start? No thanks.
We need an old head in the midfield Dan
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I would take a draw from this but I fear for our away form and the fact it's on tv doesn't bode well for us.

Silvestri
Berardi bellusci cooper Warnock
Byram mowatt Adryan Austin
Antenucci Montenegro

This gives us some strength and flair in midfield and because Byram likes to push forward I have pushed him further up field. I also like the look of Montenegro in the reserves/ under 21's .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Old doesn't simply equal good. I liked Tonge 2 seasons ago. Under Warnock he looked to have a bit more composure than the players around him and a bit of bite, that though was a Warnock side. We don't have that now. What we have now is a younger team, a more cohesive team that needs to play at tempo. To throw Tonge in simply slows things down meaning we will be much worse in possession as people will get out of position easily as they move into position to receive a pass that doesn't come. That is a huge sacrifice to perhaps gain a slight improvement defensively.

This team needs an older/wiser head but that still has the legs/brain to move into positions and link with the younger players. Players such as Paul Scholes did it seamlessly despite a lack of pace. Sadly we don't have anyone of that ilk at the club and Tonge etc are simply poor players who even at their best wouldn't really be what we need.

As such I would rather see the younger & better players learning every week and improving. These kids will get it right, they'll just be ups and downs along the road.

Sticking a Tonge in is never the answer (footballing wise) :wink:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

:lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Old doesn't simply equal good. I liked Tonge 2 seasons ago. Under Warnock he looked to have a bit more composure than the players around him and a bit of bite, that though was a Warnock side. We don't have that now. What we have now is a younger team, a more cohesive team that needs to play at tempo. To throw Tonge in simply slows things down meaning we will be much worse in possession as people will get out of position easily as they move into position to receive a pass that doesn't come. That is a huge sacrifice to perhaps gain a slight improvement defensively.

This team needs an older/wiser head but that still has the legs/brain to move into positions and link with the younger players. Players such as Paul Scholes did it seamlessly despite a lack of pace. Sadly we don't have anyone of that ilk at the club and Tonge etc are simply poor players who even at their best wouldn't really be what we need.

As such I would rather see the younger & better players learning every week and improving. These kids will get it right, they'll just be ups and downs along the road.

Sadly we haven't got anyone to give us a bit of experience

Norris has played once in the last two years

Austin is a headless chicken

Tonge is the best of a bad bunch

Cook & Doukara are far less effective away from ER so we have to try something different, playing Sloth with Bianchi in a more central role & the experience of Tonge gives us something different.

Changes are required !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I don't think it is just a case of us not being able to play away. I think the results have led to people concluding that but I don't think it is that black and white. If you take the last 6 matches since our last away win then yes Ipswich thrashed us, but they are on a good run, same story with Brentford and in all honesty that could have happened with both those teams even if we'd played them at ER. Rotherham and Blackburn we should have won. Blackburn wasn't anything to do with the performance just a couple of mistakes. Rotherham we had the game under control but then stopped passing - putting Tonge in (a player who's passing is average) wouldn't have helped - despite that we had the chances to win. Against Norwich we fought back well to get a draw and against Cardiff it was fairly even but they took their chances, aided by a huge deflection for 1 goal and a calamity for another.

Another factor to consider is that only 3 of the away games in that period were under Redfearn and those were Cardiff, Blackburn and Ipswich. We could easily have had 4 points from the 3 matches. Do I think we'd have done any better in those matches with 1 of Austin/Tonge/Norris in the line up and I would answer no. In hindsight the only change for me would be Doukara but I feel he has been hot and cold all season but he is the pace outlet that you want when you are under the cosh, the fact he has done feck all when he has got the ball is the big concern.

For me the temptation in away matches would be to drop Doukara and bring in Austin who, for all his faults, is the best at the club at running with the ball at pace so gives us the option to break quickly, with him also able to get forward quickly to support a lone striker, and an extra body in midfield to make us harder to break down.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Interesting that people are choosing Montenegro in their teams, have you seen him play alot? i have next to zero to go on him so its a geniune question.
Dons Legends
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dons Legends »

I don't think we will get anything from this game, but two games later, we play about 7, or 8 teams that we can either win against, or get at least a draw. None of them are that good, neither are we, but we have to pick up points against teams that aren't that good.
When the ball hits the goal, it's not Shearer or Cole, it's ...... Antenucci.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brader wrote:Interesting that people are choosing Montenegro in their teams, have you seen him play alot? i have next to zero to go on him so its a geniune question.
Monte was very impressive in last week's U21 cup game at Leicester where we won 2-1. The lad seems to have a lot of pace & quality on the ball
gessa

Post by gessa »

It won't happen but I'd put Ashdown in goals.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:It won't happen but I'd put Ashdown in goals.
You mean Taylor, right?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote: You mean Taylor, right?
Well done Genghers , you spotted the deliberate mistake :wink:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

gessa wrote:
Well done Genghers , you spotted the deliberate mistake :wink:
To be fair, you were correct. It won't happen.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think that we have good players, but I believe that all the antics in the boardroom
and with the football league have taken a toll, and the real problem is one of motivation.

If you were working for a company that was about to go tits up I expect that it would
effect your work ethic. I think that is partly the reason that Ross left, cos he did not like
the volatility and uncertainty that Cellino brought to the club.

I get this image in my mind of a old sailing ship, rudderless and in a raging hurricane
with the crew wild eyed and crazy, clinging on for dear life. The uppermost thought
in their minds is how am I going to survive this, and not how can we save the ship...
and the captain instead of taking command is chained in some dungeon below deck.

We are heading for a shipwreck.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I think the lack of genuine width is my main concern to be honest. 2015 could be a very interesting year
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Brader wrote:I think the lack of genuine width is my main concern to be honest. 2015 could be a very interesting year
Not much point in having wide players if we are resigned to playing a narrow diamond.

It's a formation I don't like at all, but Cellino does so we are stuck with it.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So who's on the commentary team tomorrow ?

I can stand in as reporter from the ground :-D
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I should be. Game is on telly too, so I think you'll have a good uptake for the MOTM poll!