Bristol City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bristol City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Just saw the goal, looks like Ayling was at fault, didn't pick up his man
Be glad when Berardi is back
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MonkIn »

Strangely encouraged by tonight's display. Bristol City are probably one of the most dangerous sides going forward we've played so far yet Bartley and Jansson managed to look as good as ever and weren't troubled by quality players such as Abraham and Tomlin. Another good performance from O'Kane aswell. I think Sacko and Hernandez are good players but I'm worried that they're just not good enough finishers. If Wood can't score we're gonna struggle for goals atm.
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MonkIn »

1964white wrote:Be glad when Berardi is back
Ayling seems to be very inconsistent. Still much better cover than Wootton.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MartinezIn wrote:Ayling seems to be very inconsistent. Still much better cover than Wootton.
Doesn't like a pacy winger running at him, cost us at least three goals this season.

Just hope our two warriors will return soon
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MartinezIn wrote:Strangely encouraged by tonight's display. Bristol City are probably one of the most dangerous sides going forward we've played so far yet Bartley and Jansson managed to look as good as ever and weren't troubled by quality players such as Abraham and Tomlin. Another good performance from O'Kane aswell. I think Sacko and Hernandez are good players but I'm worried that they're just not good enough finishers. If Wood can't score we're gonna struggle for goals atm.
Even worst if Wood picks up an injury we are totally goalless
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MonkIn »

1964white wrote:Even worst if Wood picks up an injury we are totally goalless
Badly in need of another striker. Really think we missed a trick not going for Chris Martin when Derby loaned him out for some bizarre reason.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -1-0-leeds

Highlights. In my opinion Hernandez wasn't fouled but it was good hustling by the Bristol player who dispossessed him. What Ayling was doing stood around in central midfield though is baffling and he was too slow to see the danger and ultimately the goal was scored because of him not being in position or getting back quickly enough.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MartinezIn wrote:Badly in need of another striker. Really think we missed a trick not going for Chris Martin when Derby loaned him out for some bizarre reason.
Indeed we did :tup:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Disappointed not to get the point we deserved last night judging by the commentary I listened to anyway. 1 v 1 Would have been a fair scoreline.

Said it at the time it was a huge mistake not getting another striker while the transfer window was open. Just not enough goals in this team at present, although its good to see that the defence is much improved. Midfield really needs to contribute goals wise.....likes of Dallas, Sacko and Hernandez are more than capable but just not being clinical enough right now.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Can't believe that Antonnsen was not brought on when we were chasing the game as he is the 1 player in our squad who I feel can conjure up a goal out of nothing.

Also would hope the goal we conceded wouldn't be conceded when Birdcutt is back - our attacking midfielder losing the ball in the centre circle should not have seen us so stretched at the back - main culprit was Ayling but others should have been in better positions too.

The teams that do well in the championship are the teams who win these games. Games where it is an even contest but the teams who do well have the ability/players who can take the chance when it comes. For all we seem to have tightened up at the back we still need to be scoring more goals from midfielders (including attacking midfielders and wingers).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Can't believe that Antonnsen was not brought on when we were chasing the game as he is the 1 player in our squad who I feel can conjure up a goal out of nothing.

Also would hope the goal we conceded wouldn't be conceded when Birdcutt is back - our attacking midfielder losing the ball in the centre circle should not have seen us so stretched at the back - main culprit was Ayling but others should have been in better positions too.

The teams that do well in the championship are the teams who win these games. Games where it is an even contest but the teams who do well have the ability/players who can take the chance when it comes. For all we seem to have tightened up at the back we still need to be scoring more goals from midfielders (including attacking midfielders and wingers).
As I've already said take out Pontus & Bridcutt & our defence becomes vulnerable

Bartley looks more uncomfortable without Jansson alongside him, our full-backs panic & look uneasy without his presence. It didn't take long for our defence to look a mess once Pontus was off the park, infact Bristol had another break after their goal where our defence went missing & we were all over the place. We were totally comfortable in the first half as we had been in our previous four games. Monk must be cursing as he had just fixed our defensive deficiencies & now he could be back to square one again, keep a clean sheet we leave the west country with a point, be more clinical in front of goal we win the game
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

weasel wrote:Can't believe that Antonnsen was not brought on when we were chasing the game as he is the 1 player in our squad who I feel can conjure up a goal out of nothing.

I looked at the video in slow motion (click on the cog wheel and choose 0.25)
Ayling was near the centre circle when Hernandez got turned over. If he had been at
right back he might have been able to stop the run of Pack. That being said Bartley
let the bristol player advance to nearly the 18 yard box before he made the pass to Pack
Bartley was being turned inside out... flip flopping back and forth... spinning in the wind.
If Pontus had been there I suspect there would have been a crunching tackle and that
would have been and end to that nonsense. Nobody closed him down before the killer pass.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:I looked at the video in slow motion (click on the cog wheel and choose 0.25)
Ayling was near the centre circle when Hernandez got turned over. If he had been at
right back he might have been able to stop the run of Pack. That being said Bartley
let the bristol player advance to nearly the 18 yard box before he made the pass to Pack
Bartley was being turned inside out... flip flopping back and forth... spinning in the wind.
If Pontus had been there I suspect there would have been a crunching tackle and that
would have been and end to that nonsense. Nobody closed him down before the killer pass.
It's called no-nonsense defending Rab as oppose to standing off like lemons :roll: did warn everyone Ayling is suspect at times
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

We deserved to win the game never mind a point on the balance of play, we appeared to be in control in the first half from what I heard. Second half we were less in control, however, no Pontus or Bridcutt makes a big difference, it was a game were 2 good footballing sides looking to overachieve this season played a good quality match. We may have lost the game, however, results aren't going to be everything for Leeds this season progression and evidence we can progress well in the next few years is key and I am definitely seeing this even if we are now around 14th a win on Saturday will make a big difference (if we can get one.)
If everything falls into place I think we will start to score 2 or 3 goals a game on a regular basis. We could have easily scored 3 or 4 on Saturday v Ipswich and could have scored at least 2 yesterday. It's not Wood by the way to blame the 3 players behind him have all missed some unbelievable chances this season.
Hernandez and Ayling at fault for the goal, Pablo has improved a lot in the last few weeks, however, at times he holds onto the ball for far too long at times when a pass is available. Ayling was at least 40 yards out of position and not just that he looked like he was playing in the number 10 role.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Ayling was at least 40 yards out of position and not just that he looked like he was playing in the number 10 role.

Perhaps his caravan was parked in the Bristol half :wink: