Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports

Post by 1964white »

Another tough encounter v the high-flying South Yorkshire tykes who've had a habit of turning us over far too often over the last ten years

I wish we could put this team out

Green

Berardi Bartley Jansson Taylor

Bridcut O'Kane

Sacko Hernandez Roofe

Wood

Unfortunately i think the likely team will be

Green

Ayling Bartley Cooper Taylor

O'Kane Phillips

Sacko Hernandez Dallas

Wood

I prefer Vieira to Phillips, Ronaldo is an exciting prospect
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Barnsley - Team/News/Reports

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

No matter what team is put out i expect it could be a cracking derby game with both teams and fans going for it.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Barnsley flying high (for them anyway :lol: ) and our winning run just come to an end, so I guess they are looking forward to this one, but they've just lost their Assistant Manager a bit of upset and unlike Leeds I'm sure Barnsley aren't use to upheaval before a game.

I hope it's an exciting fast flowing game with a win for Leeds, but I suspect it'll be a tight game and a low score draw.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Wasn't Tommy Wright linked with Massimo Cellino at one time.

Has MC been caught again?

Eurosport article.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Tommy Wright now sacked!! Hopefully it will upset Barnsleys plans and the team won't turn up for the game on Saturday
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Leeds United statement regarding Wednesday night's newspaper report...

Leeds United and Mr Cellino were contacted yesterday (Wednesday September 28) by the Daily Telegraph in relation to their investigation in football which has involved undercover reporters purporting to represent an investment and sports management company.

The Daily Telegraph informed Leeds United and Mr Cellino that they were considering publishing an article and asked Leeds United and Mr Cellino to respond to a number of questions.

Through the Club's solicitors, a request was made to the Daily Telegraph for a full copy of any transcript involving Mr Cellino and/or any related audio and visual recordings.

The Daily Telegraph refused to provide such information and as such the Club declined to respond further at the time.

The Club has reviewed the supposed "evidence" that the Daily Telegraph have published tonight. At no time in this video clip has Mr Cellino suggested getting around the FA's rules on third-party ownership of players.

In complete contrast to what has been suggested, Mr Cellino has made a perfectly proper suggestion which is entirely consistent with the FA's regulations, as the only parties entitled to take benefit from ownership of a player is the Club itself.

If a company commits money to a Club by way of investment, taking on the potential for profit but also the risk for loss, then that is a normal, every-day corporate process.

This is plainly not a suggestion as to how to circumvent the rules, but rather, an accurate albeit concise explanation of how to operate within the confines of the rules and effectively become "the Club".

The Club intends to make no further comment on this non-story.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Bridcutt out for 6-8 weeks with a broken metatarsal.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Would like to see Antonsson get some pitch time. Probably should've been brought on last match at some point. Would also like Silvestri to start, but Monk apparently has some unhealthy obsession with Green.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gandalf wrote:Bridcutt out for 6-8 weeks with a broken metatarsal.
Hope the news on Janssen is going to be better.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

gessa wrote:Hope the news on Janssen is going to be better.
Jansson should be back from the weekend according to the same article.
gessa

Post by gessa »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Jansson should be back from the weekend according to the same article.
More important than Bridcutt at the moment so great news. :tup:
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

gessa wrote:More important than Bridcutt at the moment so great news. :tup:
Totally agree with that
Jansson is looking like a very integral part of side ATM
1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Totally agree with that
Jansson is looking like a very integral part of side ATM
The difference between winning or losing a game for me as we are more likely to keep a clean sheet with Jansson at the back especially as we struggle to score goals
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

V important game just prior to international break - good result here will make big difference not just to points tally/ladder position.

Like 64 and others I'm hoping that Jansson is good to go as he seems to be providing not only an additional defensive edge but also some kind of spiritual boost to the team as a whole - a talisman??
Is especially important given recent disappointing news re Bridcutt.

I'm also hoping Antonsson has an onfield role to play as it is important he is given opportunities to keep his game play up to the mark.

It will be very interesting to see who partners O'Kane in central midfield.

I'm hopeful of a 4-0 triumph with Pablo, the Sack, Bartley & Antonsson on the scoresheet - will settle for Leeds 1 (Wood)-Barnsley 0.

Hope the ER crowd is up for it in the most supportive of ways.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Truly hope that we get a good crowd and a good performance against a dangerous Barnsley Team. 4-2-3-1 is clearly our best option with the players available and this is borne out by the number of attempts on goal in recent matches. Wouldn't mess with the team for this one too much : Green --- Ayling , Bartley, Jansson/Cooper Taylor ----- O'Kane , Viera /Phillips ---- Sacko , Hernandez , Dallas -- Wood -- Predict a 2-1 win to the mighty Whites
gessa

Post by gessa »

Some titbits from the BBC

Leeds have won only one of their last five league games against Barnsley when the teams have played at Elland Road - 1-0 in October 2012, courtesy of a Luciano Becchio penalty.

Barnsley have lost only two of their last 10 league matches against Leeds, although those defeats have come in the last four meetings.
Pablo Hernandez has created 21 chances for Leeds this season but is yet to assist a team-mate.

Conor Hourihane and Marley Watkins both have four assists each for Barnsley this season. No player has more in the Championship.
Leeds haven't won any of their last 11 league games in October.

After winning three in-a-row, the Tykes have failed to win any of their last three in the Championship.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Bridcutt out for 6-8 weeks with a broken metatarsal.
That's a bugger
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Hope the news on Janssen is going to be better.
Bridcutt & Jansson has bolstered the spine of the team i always rattled on about mate

I'll cry if Pontus has suffered a long term injury :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Team just announced

Green, Ayling, Bartley, Jansson, Taylor, Phillips, O’Kane, Hernandez, Dallas, Sacko, Wood.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1-0 to leeds Bartley (Captain Marvel) second for the season.