Leeds v Wigan - Team/Report/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Leeds v Wigan - Team/Report/Ratings

Post by Oscar »

A few changes to the team I would give Rob Green another chance, mainly because I have already made 3 other changes in the team making 4 changes would be too many.
Berardi is fit to play apparently
Murphy in for Kalvin Phillips will work well in a midfield alongside O'Kane.
Roofe being given free role on the left wing to get goals.

Subs: Silvestri, Ayling, Phillips, Viera, Grimes, Mowatt, Antonsson.
Thoughts?

The VLOG returns as well tomorrow :lol:, will try and upload it Wednesday morning.
Attachments
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (222.47 KiB) Viewed 13018 times
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Wigan - Team/Report/Ratings

Post by Oscar »

I reckon the team Garry will actually pick will be 4-2-3-1:
Green, Ayling, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Phillips, O'Kane, Sacko, Hernandez, Roofe/Grimes/Mowatt or maybe even Antonsson on the left (no idea tbh), Wood.
Can't see Garry making many changes.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would expect to see just the 1 change and that would be left wing with hopefully Roofe being given a chance. Possibly Phillips for Vieira if Monk wants to keep Phillips fresh and avoid burnout.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I expect Monk to make one change from the team which started v Derby, Roofe for Mowatt. I'd like to see Vieira instead of Phillips but I can't see that happening

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Taylor

Phillips O'Kane

Sacko Hernandez Roofe

Wood
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm in the South Stand for tonight's match :-D
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Wood scores 1-0
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Sacko crosses Wood chests it down and shoots and scores.
Cracking goal!!!!!

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

9th in the table and 3 places and 2 points from the play-offs
Long may the upward trend continue.
Second half
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Cheers for the post Rab, great goal get in Leeds
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

He meant it, too!! :wink:

Great finish from the big man, fair balls to him. Phil Hay reporting on twitter that the goal, and a five minute spell after it, is about all we've mustered so far. Says it's been a pretty poor performance. Hopefully we'll improve second half, but playing sh*te and winning also works for me!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Always said he was the man for the job.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Sacko off. Grimes on
Looks like he can only last 60 mins per game.
Hernandez off limping.
Mowatt into the number 10 position.

Defensive moves and 15 mins to go.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Antonsson on for Wood
7 minutes to go
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

WIgan scores in extra time
Bad subs
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

ffs....threw it away !!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I have to say, Monk's substitutions could do with work. Needs to show a little more ambition for me, either goes too late when we're chasing a game or makes very defensive changes if we're ahead
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Disappointed, we needed 3 points from this, will have to get 3 on Saturday to make up for it.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Wood fired us in front with a very well taken goal controlling the ball and picking his spot with the volley. At this point I thought we would push on and brush aside a poor looking Wigan side but unfortunately as the game went on we looked less and less likely to add to our single goal and with that Wigan began to sense they could get something. The substitutions were the final straw as any attacking threat we did have was taken away. Inevitably, as we moved into injury time Wigan struck and got an equaliser.

We need to learn how to kill off teams like Wigan. We got the goal and took our foot off the gas. The substitutions seemed to indicate we were happy to settle for the 1-0 win but this backfired as we simply had nothing going forward and handed them the advantage.

Even though we drew the feeling as I trudged out of the ground was this felt more like a loss. Hopefully yet more lessons have been learned and we can improve at Wolves on Saturday .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Wood fired us in front with a very well taken goal controlling the ball and picking his spot with the volley. At this point I thought we would push on and brush aside a poor looking Wigan side but unfortunately as the game went on we looked less and less likely to add to our single goal and with that Wigan began to sense they could get something. The substitutions were the final straw as any attacking threat we did have was taken away. Inevitably, as we moved into injury time Wigan struck and got an equaliser.

We need to learn how to kill off teams like Wigan. We got the goal and took our foot off the gas. The substitutions seemed to indicate we were happy to settle for the 1-0 win but this backfired as we simply had nothing going forward and handed them the advantage.

Even though we drew the feeling as I trudged out of the ground was this felt more like a loss. Hopefully yet more lessons have been learned and we can improve at Wolves on Saturday .
Totally agree. So very disappointing. It did feel like a loss....how on earth can we let a win disappear in the 91st minute at home for crying out loud, to a team in the bottom three. We definitely need to learn to kill off teams, especially teams in the lower half of the table. I really feel for the Leeds supporters who bothered to turn up, and to be let down at the end. Concentration....concentration....concentration, Play 'tll the final whistle for goodness sake! Gutted, really gutted. :(
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks for the clip Rab - it was a cracker!

It's disappointing that we conceded with our greatly improved defence.
Also disappointing 1 point from 6 after our mini-revival - I'm hoping it wasn't another false dawn.

A striker's on my wish list for January - wonder if Deeney's available.......