Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Last 10 games played (Norwich’s score first) 2-2, 2-0, 1-1, 2-2, 1-1, 1-0, 1-2, 2-1, 0-1, 2-2.


Leeds has played Norwich City 52 times in history with us winning 19 of those meetings, Norwich has won 18 and there have been 16 draws between the clubs. In those games Leeds has scored 80 goals to Norwich’s 81 goals.

Biggest Leeds win(s) 3-0 in seasons 1962/63 & 1990/91

Biggest Norwich win(s) 4-0 in seasons 1985/86 & 1993/94

They played for both clubs Jack Milburn, Billy Furness, Andy Linighan, Jon Newsome, Danny Mills, David Healy, Johnny Howson, Luciano Becchio, Robert Snodgrass, Darren Huckerby & Bradley Johnson.

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Another early start, looking forward to visiting Delia's place, may try some of her crusine if I'm not already stuffed :lol: Nice to enjoy a Saturday fixture at Carrow Road, haven't been there in many years

Anyway onto the pitch I reckon we can surprise Norwich's dodgy defence after we & then the Seagulls knocked the Canaries off their perch :bird: although I'd take a draw

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Taylor

O'Kane Vieira or Phillips

Sacko Hernandez Roofe

Wood

Hopefully Bridcutt & Dallas will be back soon

User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7491
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Twitter: crudos
Location: 'Merica

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Crude » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:18 pm

Leeds Lite is always an interesting match. Normally would take an away draw, but I want more this time, and hoping the players do too.
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011

Leeds United Americas (LUA)

You can take the Leeds out of the top flight but you'll never take the top flight out of Leeds.
—Dom Matteo

User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1459
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Oscar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:01 pm

I would go back to the 4-3-3 we played at Wolves: Green, Ayling, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Phillips, O'Kane, Viera, Hernandez, Wood, Roofe.
A draw would be a great result in my opinion.
I also tried a first match preview on the channel:
Also a keen Barcelona supporter since 2004-2005 (when they were average.)

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:00 am

Looking forward to seeing the boys down here tomorrow, hopefully they can give me even more bragging rights over the local Canaries :tup:

Can't see Monk doing too much which is unexpected and for me the only choice is Vieira or Phillips to deputise for Bridcutt, otherwise same as before so Green, Ayling, Jansson, Bartley, Taylor, Phillips, O'Kane, Roofe, Hernandez, Sacko, Wood for me.

In terms of the result, I've seen Norwich 5 times so far this season and they've not played particularly well in any of them and at present are really missing Jonny. There's a fair bit of disillusionment around Carrow Road with Neil, he's had money to spend and the view is he's not done it particularly well. In the Cup tie when both teams swapped it about Neil brought in the likes of Pritchard (£8.5m), Naismith (£7m) and Oliveira (£5m) - against us bringing in a mix of players through the academy and other fringe players trying to work in to contention and we still more than matched them. Plenty of talk that Neil has "lost" of few of the senior players, Brady doesn't seem interested, Klose looks vulnerable a the back, could be very sticky for Neil if we get a result.

Anyhow - I had a bit of a premonition a few weeks back and I'm going for 4-1 Leeds with Jansson to score the 4th :scarf2:

User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:06 am

I'd take a draw tomorrow for sure, whatever their form its always a very tough fixture at Carrpw Road. A point would keep things buzzing for us into yet another pain in the ass international break. I hate these, they are so disruptive to the season.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:06 am

NorfolkWhite wrote:Looking forward to seeing the boys down here tomorrow, hopefully they can give me even more bragging rights over the local Canaries :tup:

Can't see Monk doing too much which is unexpected and for me the only choice is Vieira or Phillips to deputise for Bridcutt, otherwise same as before so Green, Ayling, Jansson, Bartley, Taylor, Phillips, O'Kane, Roofe, Hernandez, Sacko, Wood for me.

In terms of the result, I've seen Norwich 5 times so far this season and they've not played particularly well in any of them and at present are really missing Jonny. There's a fair bit of disillusionment around Carrow Road with Neil, he's had money to spend and the view is he's not done it particularly well. In the Cup tie when both teams swapped it about Neil brought in the likes of Pritchard (£8.5m), Naismith (£7m) and Oliveira (£5m) - against us bringing in a mix of players through the academy and other fringe players trying to work in to contention and we still more than matched them. Plenty of talk that Neil has "lost" of few of the senior players, Brady doesn't seem interested, Klose looks vulnerable a the back, could be very sticky for Neil if we get a result.

Anyhow - I had a bit of a premonition a few weeks back and I'm going for 4-1 Leeds with Jansson to score the 4th :scarf2:
Interesting insight on Delia's canaries NW :tup:

Now that would be a cracking result

User avatar
gessa
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 18713
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:19 am

Quietly confident on this one, hoping for at least at least a point.
Would think after their last 3 results, especially last weeks against Brighton that their confidence is pretty low.

I think all fit the team pretty much picks itself at the moment.

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Taylor

O'Kane Phillips

Sacko Hernandez Roofe(Dallas if fit)

Wood

NorfolkWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2466
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:45 am

1964white wrote:Interesting insight on Delia's canaries NW :tup:

Now that would be a cracking result
Just looked up the odds - Leeds 100/1 to win 4-1 and Jansson 40-1 to be last goal scorer, nice little double :tup:

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 pm

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just looked up the odds - Leeds 100/1 to win 4-1 and Jansson 40-1 to be last goal scorer, nice little double :tup:
Go for it mate

User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Gary Shaw wrote:I would go back to the 4-3-3 we played at Wolves: Green, Ayling, Bartley, Pontus, Taylor, Phillips, O'Kane, Viera, Hernandez, Wood, Roofe.
A draw would be a great result in my opinion.
I also tried a first match preview on the channel:
No Sakho mate ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by paddy parrott » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Great piece you have done mate ,loved it and well expressed. Hope for a Leeds win too, but it'll be difficult and a draw will be a good point indeed. Norwich can and will bounce back but pray not tomorrow.
Again well done on your good work Leeds it up and just maybe after another few points things look up. PS .. I think after this next 2-3 league games will let us know how good and ready we are .

Donny_White
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:26 pm
Twitter: lufc_bishop

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Donny_White » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:18 pm

I'm going to the game, bus picks up at 6.30am & i dont finish work till 10pm tonight so ill be abit knackered but nothing a few beers wont sort out.

Never an easy fixture away from home so i would be happy with a point but would love to see us have confidence & win this game. The league table will really start to look intresting then

Bridcutt still injured i believe so id say

Green
Ayling, Bartley, Jansson, Taylor
O'Kane, Viera
Sacko, Hernandez,
Doukara, Wood

Doubt that will be the team with 2 strikers away from home but i would like to see big Douks get some more game time, always rated him.. very strong on the ball & has good feet & can score goals. I remember him scoring the equaliser at Norwich 2 seasons ago.

Roll on 3pm tomorrow MOT

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Donny_White wrote:I'm going to the game, bus picks up at 6.30am & i dont finish work till 10pm tonight so ill be abit knackered but nothing a few beers wont sort out.

Never an easy fixture away from home so i would be happy with a point but would love to see us have confidence & win this game. The league table will really start to look intresting then

Bridcutt still injured i believe so id say

Green
Ayling, Bartley, Jansson, Taylor
O'Kane, Viera
Sacko, Hernandez,
Doukara, Wood

Doubt that will be the team with 2 strikers away from home but i would like to see big Douks get some more game time, always rated him.. very strong on the ball & has good feet & can score goals. I remember him scoring the equaliser at Norwich 2 seasons ago.

Roll on 3pm tomorrow MOT
Hopefully will be a good day Donny_White

Leaving East Yorks at 6.45am, stopping off at a pub just outside Norwich i believe

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 64701
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:40 am

Well here we go on a very dark wet morning in East Yorkshire, lets hope we sparkle & light up the Norfolk skies with some scintillating football

Hope you all find a stream to cheer the lads on :shirt:

User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Ronan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:37 pm

......this real ale is tasting very sweet 2-1 leeds !!!!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Ronan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:52 pm

sweet jaysus 3-2 leeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Ronan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 pm

:shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: ...pinching myself...this is very encouraging.....but,remember,we are Leeds United
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......

User avatar
rab_rant
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3283
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by rab_rant » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Heard that Viera scored a rocket of a goal from quite a way out.
Now we are 6th in the table... let's keep it there or better.
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

User avatar
becchio bear
Queen of Quotes
Queen of Quotes
Posts: 16784
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by becchio bear » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Ronan wrote::shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: ...pinching myself...this is very encouraging.....but,remember,we are Leeds United
You and your live scores were sorely missed in VLR today :( :bear:

Post Reply