Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:A great performance all round but the only the downside for me was the stupidity Jannson showed after scoring his goal which earned him a deserved booking like i said last week he wants to cut out the cheerleading thats two stupid bookings he has recieved the other one at Bristol city for a central defender to get bookings for this is crackers at this rate he will soon be suspende only hope Monk hits him with a massive fine for it after all its easy to get a booking these days.
I agree that knowing the punishment it was a daft thing to do. However I don't get why it is a booking? In this day and age where footballers are becoming more aloof and disenfranchised from the guys that support them I think it's great that we have someone who wants to include the fans!!
Why is it such a heinous offence that it warrants a booking??!!!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I agree that it doesn't deserve a booking. The only goal celebration I would deem worthy of a booking would be if an away player scored and did something specific to provoke the home fans.

That said the players know the rules and as such it was stupid to do it. My Sunday League team a few seasons back played in a cup final. The game went into extra time and a couple of minutes from the end our striker scored to put us 4-3 up, the goal was also his hat trick goal. He took off his shirt and having already been booked was then sent off. It is a rule that punishes the spontaneous joy of scoring a goal and is one of the many stupid rules.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

and it's all Massimo Cellino' fault
True dat :-D :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Regarding Pontus, I don't know what his previous, if any, experience with hero-worship is, but he seems to want to connect with the fans who love him. Maybe he needs the love as much as we need him. He was like an exocet after he scored, the huge grin, the hugs, the euphoria of pleasing the people who love him as much as he now loves our club and the wonderful fans (not the other lot).

What I'm hinting at is that Monk now needs to approach this as his first real 'kindly father figure' moment and find a way of curbing his excess whilst keeping him focused on finding other, less punishable, ways to demonstrate the mutual love between him and his adoring fans. We don't need Monk to do a 'Sgt. Wilko' on him and piss him off enough so he wants to leave - shades of Cantona! For different reasons, Pontus is absolutely as important to us today as Cantona should have been to us in 1992, but Wilko's mistake, which could even have cost us another real crack at the European Cup, still saddens me. Make no mistake, we need Pontus and we need him happy, commanding in defence and cupping his ears to hear the cheers.

Just saying!
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

gessa wrote:I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.
Thanks Ges :-D
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Incredible win on Saturday (wasn't at the game), however, from what I saw and heard 6-2 would have been a fairer result. The second goal from Woody was probably the best goal we have scored as a team for the last 12 years and the definition of what we are trying to achieve under Garry

What a sensational job Garry Monk is doing- top 6 and in a cup quarter final unbelievable. I still think finishing in the top 6 will be very very difficult, however, it all depends on the January transfer window. Monk is massively overachieving with the squad we have atm.

Cannot wait for the Newcastle game :-D

Pontus and Woody would get into any starting 11 in this league in my opinion. Both strong contenders for Championship Player Of The Year atm.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:and it's all Massimo Cellino' fault
I see your mates are at it again :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Incredible win on Saturday (wasn't at the game), however, from what I saw and heard 6-2 would have been a fairer result. The second goal from Woody was probably the best goal we have scored as a team for the last 12 years and the definition of what we are trying to achieve under Garry
A goal right out of the Real Madrid/Barcelona textbook Oscar
Gary Shaw wrote:What a sensational job Garry Monk is doing- top 6 and in a cup quarter final unbelievable. I still think finishing in the top 6 will be very very difficult, however, it all depends on the January transfer window. Monk is massively overachieving with the squad we have atm
Isn't he just :tup: Monk has turn our club around in five months
Gary Shaw wrote:Cannot wait for the Newcastle game :-D
I'm in the East Stand for this game, right on the halfway line I believe
Gary Shaw wrote:Pontus and Woody would get into any starting 11 in this league in my opinion. Both strong contenders for Championship Player Of The Year atm.
And deservedly so
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

gessa wrote:. I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.
Cheers Gessa, very nice of you mate. I'm not in the league of those others you mention to be fair, they really are the diehards but have to say I am absolutely loving going to as many games as I can get to. Liverpool tickets will be a dream but failing that will be at the Villa match on Dec 29th for sure. You gonna try to get to that one buddy ?

Your spot on about the feel good factor. Its been so many years since we had this buzz about the team. Long may it continue !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:Cheers Gessa, very nice of you mate. I'm not in the league of those others you mention to be fair, they really are the diehards but have to say I am absolutely loving going to as many games as I can get to. Liverpool tickets will be a dream but failing that will be at the Villa match on Dec 29th for sure. You gonna try to get to that one buddy ?

Your spot on about the feel good factor. Its been so many years since we had this buzz about the team. Long may it continue !

Very unlikely to get a ticket in the Leeds end, had a few offers from Villa supporting mates about getting a ticket in with them bit I find it hard , done it a few times at Brum and it's frustrating.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I know where you are coming from there Gessa, it's just not the same sitting in home end. I will give you a shout if any of the guys I go with cant make that match for any reason and you could step in for them in that instance.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Very unlikely to get a ticket in the Leeds end, had a few offers from Villa supporting mates about getting a ticket in with them bit I find it hard , done it a few times at Brum and it's frustrating.
Can't promise I may be able to acquire a ticket for you Ges, leave it with me
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Can't promise I may be able to acquire a ticket for you Ges, leave it with me
Ok mate, cheers.