Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Norwich v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Crude »

Sacko really drove the side after he came on. Pontus Jansson's Magic Hat, and superb away support.....
pontus.jpg
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

becchio bear wrote:You and your live scores were sorely missed in VLR today :( :bear:

Busy dad these days.....just put the commentary on full blast on the PC...and in between taxi-ing the kids get to listen to the match :-D
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Spent the morning with my wife at the local hospital (everything's fine), so I missed the game. Damn.

Sunday the 20th is going to see Elland Road rocking in a way it hasn't for a very long time.

:scarf1: :scarf1: :scarf1:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Fantastic result. We'll slip up sometime, it's the nature of the beast, but with results like we're getting, confidence has to be well up.
Well done to young Monk and the team he's assembled. Its still a bit bare bones if any of the main players are injured or suspended but hopefully our gates will grow and MC (or successor if we are taken over) can augment our squad in certain areas.

Attendance was 26,903
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Just woke up to learn that we have given those Canaries a " What For " :-D . WOW!!!! 6th on the Ladder and very encouraging to see.

You guys know better cause you get to see them every week but seems by recent results that there is confidence within the Squad and self belief , Monk is putting the Jigsaw pieces together and i think Cellino is staying away and allowing the Coach to do just that .

Can't help but to smile for all you good people that travel the Land and support our side through thick and thin....if only i could do that.

Enjoy it Ladies and Gents and we go into the International break with a smile on our faces......bring on the Geordies and Elland rd will be rocking.

M.O.T
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote:Fantastic result. We'll slip up sometime, it's the nature of the beast, but with results like we're getting, confidence has to be well up.
Well done to young Monk and the team he's assembled. Its still a bit bare bones if any of the main players are injured or suspended but hopefully our gates will grow and MC (or successor if we are taken over) can augment our squad in certain areas.

Attendance was 26,903
The pleasing thing is that even in the games we have lost in the last couple of months there were a lot of positives to take out of the performances and we were just losing by the odd goal in matches that could have gone either way. Seems the team has got a lot of character about them now to have come from behind against Norwich in both the cup and league match and despite missing chances have kept going.

Although the squad is bare bones you have to remember that we are doing without Bridcutt and Berardi this season and they would have been 1st and 2nd on most people's player of the year for last year. What we have is people stepping up their performances, such as Doukara, and having to play better. For me the only 2 key injuries/suspensions that would hurt us would be Pontus or Wood. Apart from that I feel we have cover and even if Wood was to be out I would expect Antonnson to be able to play up top, albeit in a different style, and score goals. As such the only real disaster would be if Pontus got injured as he is the rock at the back, I think Cooper would be a lot better playing alongside him than the Cooper who has struggled alongside our other centrebacks.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

All of the goals
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

What a beaut from Viera
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Superb - well done the lads, gave it everything and were the better side over the 90.

We threw bodies in when needed and showed no small amount of flair - if we can keep producing these sort of performances we will be there or thereabouts.

Safe trip back to the Leeds lads, immense support today :scarf2:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

drsdadsotherson wrote:What a beaut from Viera
I heard one Norwich fan complaining that the whole Norwich team was in defence
when Ronaldo struck the ball and he scored past all 11 of them. He said that should
not have happened.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yiiiiihaaaaaa in the play-offs
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I really enjoyed the second goal, team work and a great finish, what a difference a shot of confidence can do for a striker.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote:I really enjoyed the second goal, team work and a great finish, what a difference a shot of confidence can do for a striker.
I'ts a beauty. While spectacular goals make my go 'wow', in general I prefer team-worked goals like that.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just back

Wonderful day & exhausted with all the excitement

Report tomorrow
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote:I'ts a beauty. While spectacular goals make my go 'wow', in general I prefer team-worked goals like that.
Me too Harry, that's why I voted for Hernandez in last month's goal of the month. More to admire.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Norm wrote:
Fantastic result. We'll slip up sometime, it's the nature of the beast, but with results like we're getting, confidence has to be well up.

Attendance was 26,903
True weasel, and thank you for using amelioration rather than correction. You may live in Spain and be a European but, of your caps, you're still a good Leeds supporter first. I almost said 'a good Yorkshireman' but I don't want to exclude our fellow supporters from other counties and countries who are Leeds.

I'm nervous still but growing in belief. Unfortunately I'm growing in incredulity too - this is Leeds, the damned, how can this be happening, we're supposed to be headed for Division 3, not the First. After a relative eon in the wilderness it's great to have a slight sight of the possible.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Crazy footage of Leeds goals from Leeds fans point of view.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A very happy dressing-room, full of togetherness
Screenshot 2016-11-06 at 08.58.03.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a truely wonderful day :-D

To outplay one of the contenders on their own stomping ground putting in our most emphatic performance I've witnessed in a long time. Don't be fooled by the close scoreline, at 1-2 with minutes to go I said to my friends around me "if we don't win this I'd be terribly disappointed" we were that good, 1-5 would have been a more appropriate winning margin.
We dominated the first 25 minutes where we should have been 2 or 3 up had we took our chances playing some lovely football.
Norwich took the lead with a flukey goal against the run of play. In recent seasons our heads would have gone down with an inevitable result on the cards, not with this current Leeds team though. Monk has instilled resilience, toughness, organisation with a winning mentality no matter what team he puts out on the park. Sacko came on for Roofe in the second-half & our football flowed as we searched for the equaliser, the classy Hernandez delivered a superb corner-kick onto the magic hat who looped his header into the top corner, amidst manic joyous celebrations with Pontus & the players, so much togetherness in the squad now. What a difference a year makes !
The best move of the day was still to come when Leeds were defending & then constructed a move of supreme quality as we passed the ball down the pitch like Barcelona/Real Madrid producing one of the goals of the season with Wood calmly slotting home to give us a deserved lead. We looked comfortable as our players worked hard to maintain the lead only for Ayling to lose his man on the back post. Incredibly this lot go straight up the pitch, earn a free-kick playing it short only for Vieira to blast his shot from 30 yards into the bottom corner to give us the three points we fully deserve

Green 7
Ayling 7
Bartley 8
Jansson 10 - faultless, didn't put a foot/head wrong, the man is immense
Taylor 7
O'Kane 8 - looks after the kids
Phillips 8
Roofe 7
Doukara 7
Hernandez 9 - ran our midfield, always looking for the ball. Classy player
Wood 8
Sacko 8
Vieira 8
Grimes
gessa

Post by gessa »

I don't want to get carried away with how it's going but for the first time since our first season back up I'm getting optimistic about our chances of getting into the play offs at the end of the season, long way to go and it's a unforgiving league, you can't afford to have a bad patch for too long, plenty of teams ready to take advantage, still all very tight but the fact we are becoming so difficult to break down is encouraging and now we seem to have the knack of scoring late goals rather than the last few seasons where we always looked like conceding them. IF we can keep the services of our loanees and add a couple of quality signings in January then who knows. Large gates and the support fully behind the team will make a massive difference too, players feel anxiety from the terraces and become frightened of making a mistake, not wanting the ball, now everyone wants to be part of it. I'm particularly happy for our superb supporters like Leon, East York White, Gary Shaw and Rich and increasingly Gurj plus any I've forgotten, who follow the team the length and breadth of the Country enduring some absolute shite over the last 3/4 seasons, happy they can go away with some hope of seeing a performance to make their time efforts and costs worth while.