Leeds v Newcastle - Team/News/Reports

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Leeds v Newcastle - Team/News/Reports

Post by MonkIn »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:once again jansson got himself a stupid yellow card which will rule him out of the rotherham game this clown needs to take a serious look at himself three of his five bookings have been for just utter stupidity.
I know right get rid he's crap
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

MartinezIn wrote:I know right get rid he's crap
:roflmao:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

or passion, which is odd as the Scandinavians are supposed to be laid back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:or passion, which is odd as the Scandinavians are supposed to be laid back
Best footballer we've had at ER in many years

Does need to calm his temperament down somewhat without taking the passion out of his game
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Thought Newcastle were quicker to close down, more composed on the ball and more clinical than us. But if they are the benchmark then I though we gave a good account of ourselves. We lost the game in midfield today, but we had four inexperienced players in there. We could have got more from that game had we taken a couple of our chances and set piece delivery needs to be much better. Put ourselves under too much pressure by giving the ball to Green and he can't kick.

The two full backs the stand out players for me, Ayling and Taylor both playing well and I thought Doukara put a shift in.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote:Best footballer we've had at ER in many years

Does need to calm his temperament down somewhat without taking the passion out of his game
Funny isn't it because he is the calmest and most composed centre half we have had on the ball since Rio probably but then blood rushes to his head. I don't think we should try and change him though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Funny isn't it because he is the calmest and most composed centre half we have had on the ball since Rio probably but then blood rushes to his head. I don't think we should try and change him though.
Said to someone on our coach today he reminds me of Rio, comfortable with ball at feet, rarely plays a poor pass & is immense in the air

Rotherham now becomes a banana-skin especially if Hernandez is not fit as well, both quality footballers
MonkIn
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MonkIn »

1964white wrote::roflmao:
Just to be clear, I do not actually think that
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MartinezIn wrote:Just to be clear, I do not actually think that
I know you don't, I understood your sarcasm mate :tup:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

VLOG of the game, will do a quick match report tomorrow :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Just back from an 11 hour stint in the pub, far to incoherent to comment too much but not overly disappointed, when you look at the difference in spending power etc, we did ok, not going to meet a better team all season and not disgraced. Just need to pick ourselves up and learn from it.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Good to hear from you Radebe old son - I've missed you. :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:Not from me mate, he got no service from our inexperienced inept midfield whatsoever today
Wood is always out of sorts after an international break... seems to suffer from jet lag
The boy needs time to recover
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rab_rant wrote:Wood is always out of sorts after an international break... seems to suffer from jet lag
The boy needs time to recover
Definitely seems an issue as it is a long time travelling even with the comfortable seat/bed he will be in.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

MartinezIn wrote:I know right get rid he's crap
If you have read before what i have said about he his a good player but the way he has got 3 of his bookings out of the five is stupid its easy enough to get a yellow card these days so he needs to cut out the way he has recieved them he is of no use been suspended.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:Said to someone on our coach today he reminds me of Rio, comfortable with ball at feet, rarely plays a poor pass & is immense in the air

Rotherham now becomes a banana-skin especially if Hernandez is not fit as well, both quality footballers
Thats the kiss of death of him now after all comparisions you have made about former players going wrong also i feel that is an insult to Rio who played for all his time against players of top quality not as to quote one of your favourite sayings league 1 players.All i am saying he needs to calm down and that is what stops him from been a decent player you never saw Rio getting himself into situations like he does. :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Strangely I'm glad he got booked and suspended for the Rotherham game, he would have got that booking soon anyway and I'd rather he miss that game than Villa, Brighton or Reading.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Strangely I'm glad he got booked and suspended for the Rotherham game, he would have got that booking soon anyway and I'd rather he miss that game than Villa, Brighton or Reading.
Good point mate

I'll still be cringing every time the Millers lob the ball into our area mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Strangely I'm glad he got booked and suspended for the Rotherham game, he would have got that booking soon anyway and I'd rather he miss that game than Villa, Brighton or Reading.
Pontus may even play at Liverpool now
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Good point mate

I'll still be cringing every time the Millers lob the ball into our area mate
Cooper will have blinder. :tup: