Rotherham v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Re: Rotherham v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Oscar »

First Half excellent
Second Half dreadful
Overall deserved the win so I am happy, 5th in the table and in the Cup Quarter Finals it has been a superb season so far.
Player Ratings for yesterday:
Green 5- Should have done better for their goal imo, not tested much during the rest of the game.
Ayling 7- Good defensively and got forward well.
Bartley 7- Most of the game brilliant poor header for their goal.
Cooper 7- Looked comfortable until last 5 minutes.
Taylor 8- MOTM Defensively excellent and superb work for 1st goal.
O'Kane 7- So calm on the ball first half unbelievable 40 yard pass to Sacko in second half.
Phillips 6- Mostly good one or two poor passes.
Sacko 5- Didn't create much.
Roofe 8- Created the second goal and was always looking to run at Rotherham's 2 centre backs to create space.
Doukara 6- Good goal mostly quiet for the rest of the game.
Wood 8- Good finish for goal and linked up well with Roofe, never stopped running.
Subs:
Dallas 5- Against 10 men I thought he could have been more adventurous on the ball.
Antonsson 5- Don't think Marcus touched the ball.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:My Review Of The Game
Nail on the head with the substitutions

The introduction of Dallas & Antonsson definitely weakened us

Unconvinced with Antonsson tbh, chases about like a rabbit caught in the headlights
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:Unconvinced with Antonsson tbh, chases about like a rabbit caught in the headlights
Rabbits caught in the headlights stand still. :)
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Not doubting the three points & I also realise it's a game we'd have lost last season

Our travelling fans who pay good money didn't deserve such ineptness, we'd all be picking up our P45's if we performed as bad as that in civvy street.

Anyway we do have a decent manager who won't defend that performance & will look to eradicate such a lackadaisical attitude from some of those players, Thankfully the culprits will find themselves on the bench shortly, shame when they had the chance to stand up & be counted, now they have made it easy for our injured players when fit again to walk straight back into the first eleven
The thing is that footy is not like the cinema where you pay money and expect to be entertained. Neither is it straightforward to simply roll over a team when 2-0 up and playing v 10 men. Rotherham at that point had nothing to lose and fair play to them they gave it a really good go. If we'd have scored on the break and made it 3-0 then they would have folded and we had our chances but were wasteful. As a footballer it is sometimes really hard to play in a match where you should be winning, you tend to get on each other's back rather than supporting each other and in many ways it is easier to play when you are up and against it and all playing for each other. The players will learn from it and improve. These players cannot simply play at 6/10 and win matches. We simply have to be grateful to have taken the 3 points, refrain from beating ourselves up,and move on and learn from it.

Again as player manager of my side when we got back to back promotions (and won 2 cups) we only rarely played well, or certainly rarely played to the level I felt we could play at. However we developed a winning habit and that is key to being successful. Often we'd win and I wouldn't be happy because I felt we hadn't played well and had only won because of how poor the opposition was and for me that was the case yesterday, Rotherham are a poor side but we still had to beat them. Their fans may be delighted by their performance yesterday but they got nothing from the match.

The championship is full of poor teams but in recent years we have been more than capable of losing to these poor teams. We have lost to poor teams this season. Looking back to the 1991-1992 season when we won the title people still talk about the 4-1 beating of Villa and the 6-1 beating of Sheff Wed when we played some great football but the reason we won the title was because we ground out wins when not playing well (like beating Sheff Utd 3-2 in the game that ultimately won us the title). We were poor yesterday but had enough ability/quality to win the match.

Let's not look back to the performance but look forward to the next match, we know we are a better side than we displayed v Rotherham and hopefully the team will play better and also get the win.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote:Rabbits caught in the headlights stand still. :)

think he means beach whale
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well said Weasel and totally agree mate.
Move on and hope we are a step closer to getting our injured men on the team.
After all one defeat in 8-10 games speaks volumes and say 6 points from last nine is very good. Forget the second half just gone and look at next game and not the Liverpool result as such, but Villa , Brighton and Reading will test our side and squad to the limit and maybe after them games we could lap it up or have something to crib about .MOT.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Rabbits caught in the headlights stand still. :)
Oh yes they do :wink: although I just avoided one on the way back home last night, that bunny was running :lol:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Was it a Rabbitt'64 or a hare mate . Just asking to find out thanks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

paddy parrott wrote:Was it a Rabbitt'64 or a hare mate . Just asking to find out thanks.
A very lucky light brown rabbit Paddy
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I wonder if the rabbit went home happy to be alive telling his missus about how he got a bit lucky, but overall the quality of his run shone through, rather than telling her about how poor his decision making was in trying to cross the road.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:I wonder if the rabbit went home happy to be alive telling his missus about how he got a bit lucky, but overall the quality of his run shone through, rather than telling her about how poor his decision making was in trying to cross the road.
:roflmao:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Think the criticism of Antonsson are a bit off the mark for the limited time he played. From what I remember, he spend most of his time chasing after the ball. Had Hernandez been in, would've been a different story. Not much you can do when your team mates keep bypassing you. And this was probably his worst match so far, and we've given breaks to others for the odd shocker or two. Will come good this season, I feel it.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

No Jackett Required.

I'll get my coat !
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I wonder why Jackett resigned
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gandalf wrote:No Jackett Required.

I'll get my coat !
Coat or jacket ?
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Bring back Mowatt, if Hernanes is injured. O' Kane I thought was close to awful, or at least expected a lot more from him in the second half. Passing was really off when we need to keep the ball and control the game. Saigon too, just incapable making a pass, or holding the ball. who else? Aylin's was MoM for me. Great player with solid defense and distribution. Rolfe if beginning to lose me, I see a awesome player but he need some I make better divisions on the the ball.